Hey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, while we're on the topic of artisan soaps I haven't tried any yet, so recommend me some?
@Barrister & Mann is at the top of my list. The Latha range is cheap and performs amazingly well for the price. Then there is the higher range of soaps which are even better and the scents are amazing. Nothing I have found yet is slicker or user-friendly, especially with a decent Synthetic Brush.

Shaver Heaven and Occams are the two locals worth checking out. There was another called Johnny Goodsir which has gone out of business. They made a soap called 'TMBR' which is just an amazing scent. There are a few of us here with a puck or two, and you will only ever be able to pry it from their cold, dead hands.

Some others worth checking out or at least coming along to a meetup to sniff at:
  • Dr Jons
  • Caties Bubbles
  • Cold River Soapworks
  • Nanny's Silly Soap
  • Mikes Natural Soaps
  • Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements (aka 'PAA')

Yeah, shipping is a killer! Stirling is also on my list to try, as soon as I can psyche myself up to pay that shipping :(

Rob & Mandy are great people to deal with and very helpful. Email them, and tell them what you want - they will work with you to get the maximum amount of goods into the box for the weight/shipping cost level...

Rob & Mandy are great people to deal with and very helpful. Email them, and tell them what you want - they will work with you to get the maximum amount of goods into the box for the weight/shipping cost level...
I second what @alfredus has said.

And not only Rod & Mandy from Stirling, but all the artisan soap makers are very helpful. They can't help the postage costs but they will often work with you to achieve the cheapest option.

I concur that Rod and Mandy are wonderful folks.

Thread closure due no longer being required - auto-promoted to full membership

Status
Not open for further replies.