How would you incorporate a fork into your daily shaving routine?

So a little over 24 hours to go folk!

So far we have:

@DrBob using the fork as a brush handle
@Psmith trying to break one in to get a decent lather
@PapaDooks using it to aid stretching the skins on his face
@Draco Noir picking up slippery soap, when the chopsticks are not around
@possumbelly salivating about rare, collectible prototype OC razors
@bald as trying to protect his mirror from damage

Honourable mention to @eggbert for finding a shaving related fork for sale!

So what do the rest of you have? Come on guys, got to be in it to win it :)

I've been pondering straight shaving based on the experience of a few here. Given my ineptitude I wonder if a fork would help as a counterbalance for the blade - something like this -

Come on @Dale.Whiley, @Mark, @stillshunter, @filobiblic @khun_diddy and all the other straight users - would this result in an improvement?

Last edited:
@Mark1966 the above picture with a straight & fork telling me you're having problems shaving with, across or against the grain, and this why you've got a fork as you're backup as a comb to help you with you're shaving problems????? Is that good enough?

@Mark1966 the above picture with a straight & fork telling me you're having problems shaving with, across or against the grain, and this why you've got a fork as you're backup as a comb to help you with you're shaving problems????? Is that good enough?

So the folk combs the grain - very clever and good enough as an entry!

After many seconds of dedicated thought I would tape the fork perpendicular to the mirror with the tines facing out at forehead height as a standardised gauge so I don't get too close to the mirror.

I would love to see a picture of this in action!

the_shaving_spoon_by_nunoramos0-d4ff9rd.jpg

Naturally if a spoon as above can have an edge honed onto it to shave with, honemeister @Mark could put a wicked edge upon each side of each finger of any given metal fork and utilise it for it's original purpose, the worlds first multiblade razor!
Surprised you were not aware of that @Mark1966

LOL - worlds first multi blade - and probably as useful - and an aftershave absorption aid - well done @borked and @unobtainium81 !

Very impressed by the standard of entry from all so far (y)

the_shaving_spoon_by_nunoramos0-d4ff9rd.jpg

Naturally if a spoon as above can have an edge honed onto it to shave with, honemeister @Mark could put a wicked edge upon each side of each finger of any given metal fork and utilise it for it's original purpose, the worlds first multiblade razor!
Surprised you were not aware of that @Mark1966

Wow @borked you look waaaaay different to what I'd pictured in my head mate . For some reason I'd constructed more pasty and white with more around the bones.
Oh well, a lesson right there to not work on preconceptions.

Wow @borked you look waaaaay different to what I'd pictured in my head mate . For some reason I'd constructed more pasty and white with more around the bones.
Oh well, a lesson right there to not work on preconceptions.
If that was a real razon (spoozor?) I don't think he would have survived a full pass. Look at the pressure he has against his cheek in the 2nd photo.

In that case, I think a challenge has to be set to @Mark :)