How would you incorporate a fork into your daily shaving routine?

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Inspired by @Draco Noir's SOTD thread Shave of the Day Thread - 2016 or more correctly, the photo therein -

ZdYJwfbFUUmg7weArGwtcYhL7260q7kLwbZREoh60B6J3MRUHOYP0aVs6176W03GCkSNmt4IdN_xWt4P67xxmQ0dxMWMyOcTjA3YUtcoogL2rj2UsUbaSG2daCjbunZXNTlEvtUJ6LRUh9tmd6-pfwSwfCUAtiphiZlHL1Gan1UJPfAxs8vScav8iqWUR37rocgdwF09rRxCVxXGUTaGio86jompk_7ZnMS9XTQV1dsrUjZut63yyw2V09163T3mBxOpvXVMlICl-0KE1hwLSrkwB9SrTojfEH4htYLHNRrJ6aoYtQVu8giFnMrMLASwfhtbyAfhy6fCI67CKRRc0Hjx6S8dPsUJuvEDGcGY7wiUQh5JdNJzc9q0ZidhI1G6n6v0EbXRjxvUnbz_MZzoN9eFxftZjqwi7lpg_oXZII_43rGAl5v53QPQ2Xgwp5C3h6WEI8efJ1rsRqHrotH4a4KhtCEGiu-ocX-K9gmXoQC4pFooJDjiULota76woTLdZzgfwschw2-YHaytHhXbVgu7nxA7fOWu_K3fPFi5PW1aEkwQ2o0Kd2IctvEs9l_LJVET=w704-h550-no

I started to wonder how a fork might be incorporated into a regular morning shave routine (although I was assured this picture was the result of uncleared cutlery from breakfast not some new trend :) )

Now since P&C is already the home of the Drubbing Way and the Thomas Method I think we need to add the Draco Gambit.

Named in honour of @Draco Noir this approach to the regular daily shaving routine MUST incorporate the use of a fork. Even better YOU get to describe what it would look like AND possibly win a prize!

Rules:
  1. Post below your description, or photos, of a shaving routine involving a fork.
  2. Entries close at 9pm on Monday 25 January
  3. Winner will be chosen by me - no arguments, no discussions
  4. The prize will be some NOS vintage blades or something fun if the winner is a straight shaver.

Ready

Set

Go!

Come on guys - put your thinking hats on!

I've got my fork in my 'box of 1000 uses' awaiting your inspiration ;)

EDIT: Yes I KNOW - @Draco Noir has a nicer fork, but this one was just close by ...

Well, in pinch I guess if the handle on my brush broke i could stick the tines into the knot temporarily as a kind of long handle.......

well ya see some of us have big heads and only short arms so the whole reachin over the top of the head to pull the skin tight is a bit of a reach. so we use a form and to expend the reach to pull the skin nice and tight.

I've used a fork when shaving for a while. It doesn't lather that well and is quite scrubby, but I've been told that when it breaks it and the tines have split it'll be as soft as badger.

Oh dear - I can see a war breaking out between the Christolfe and Laguiole lovers about which is softest, which is better for face lathering etc etc ...

Now we are thinking gents - well done @PapaDooks (although the "k" is on the row ABOVE the "m" !

Might have to get this Aristocrat replated in gold -

Whadda think? Could Silvergleam do that for me @filobiblic ?

Sensational @possumbelly ! So clearly the auction that @eggbert linked to is an early prototype Kirby Beard. If I wasn't on sabbatical (and think that @filobiblic would probably beat me anyway) I'd be all over that!

I used an early version of the Draco Gambit in my SOTD -

See the full details here - Shave of the Day Thread - 2016