If you only kept 5 soaps what would they be?

For unscented,just get some essential oil and add to your preference.
Normally,2 drops max
I tried this for a while when I was on a search for my perfect rose soap, but it ended up being expensive and a bit cumbersome. Admittedly, could have tried a different EO. For rose, expect to pay $60+ for 1mL.

Can't believe Mystic Waters still has not been mentioned here...
What's your favourite scent or preferably of Mystic Waters, I also heard there's been a lot of issue about the lather quality and performance from the soap

This post is missing Shaver Heaven one of the best soaps ever made and I have enough soap to know.
Shaver Heaven is no longer in business anymore, @Anthony is still part of P&C and still haven't heard from him in a while, I hope he's okay?

Cheers @Blackie do you know why Bay Rum is 0.5 oz less and $10 more ?
Is it just that good?
It really is good. The price reflects the ingredients she uses. I did read 'somewhere' (might have been on a blog) that she does use some exotic ingredient in the Bay Rum.
I will ask her!
Edit: email sent to ask about this. I will report back!

Last edited:
This post is missing Shaver Heaven one of the best soaps ever made and I have enough soap to know.
What's your favourite scent or preferably of Mystic Waters, I also heard there's been a lot of issue about the lather quality and performance from the soap

Shaver Heaven is no longer in business anymore, @Anthony is still part of P&C and still haven't heard from him in a while, I hope he's okay?

I was lucky enough to stock up on the soaps prior to @Anthony discounting operations and found the non tallow base a good performer with some lovely scents.

I could say the same for @Sxot (Abbie & Grace Soapworks) and a lesser sense Wolfpac who also made great performing soaps... :cry:

The Gentleman's Quarter soaps...
https://store7615153.ecwid.com/SHAVING-SOAP-c15519942

The artisan soap maker is Colleen. Nice lady.
Will send samples for cost of postage.
She has cut back on the range of soaps now. When I bought there were a few more scents available.
But...nothing shabby about this soap. Very, very good stuff, and her Bay Rum would be one of the best I've used (I bought 2 of them and an 'Orange Patchouli').
Seems like I bought that one in time as not on her list anymore.
And yes, @Holiday...buy direct from Colleen.

She is currently having problems with her website and not listing all the soaps - email requests.

I have a 1/2 tub of Arlington. The scent was 'basic' soap.
Pushed a small diameter rod most way down through the soap, made about 6 holes, added a drop of Patchouli essential oil down each hole, and screwed the lid on for the 10 weeks of lockdown!
Opened it the other day, and it smells great. Have yet to use it but doesn't seem to have hurt the soap at all...no smoke, no steam, no dragons, etc.

Favourite scents for me are Jeff's Lavender and also Lime. The Brown Windsor was out of this world but I believe sadly taken off the menu...

Any issues lathering MW is pure user error - the soap produces some of the best lather out there

I have a 1/2 tub of Arlington. The scent was 'basic' soap.
Pushed a small diameter rod most way down through the soap, made about 6 holes, added a drop of Patchouli essential oil down each hole, and screwed the lid on for the 10 weeks of lockdown!
Opened it the other day, and it smells great. Have yet to use it but doesn't seem to have hurt the soap at all...no smoke, no steam, no dragons, etc.
Neat idea, I might try out this method. Not with patchouli, though, I think I'd rather have dragons.

For @Holiday...
Answer from Colleen...
"...Thank you so much for your kind words and spreading the news about TGQ. I can't tell you how glad I am that you pointed out to me that the Bay Rum was showing as weighing in at 3oz. It's a typo. I'll have to get that fixed in the week ahead. I do have a wee bit of bad news.........I'm no longer in business, as a "business". I do still sell shaving soap but only as a hobby now. I have returned to full time work. So what exactly does this mean? lol.......it means I have longer ship times, and only work on orders on the weekends, sometimes it takes me a good 7 or 8 days to get something in the mail because of my "regular" job.

As for why the Bay Rum is so expensive, it's because it's real Bay Rum ( Pimenta racemosa) NOT Bay leaf (Pimenta officinalis) There is a world wide shortage of true "Bay rum" Pimenta racemosa. You can't buy it anymore, but I saw the turn in the market......and I have a small stash. However, even when my bottle goes to half, I'll probably stop selling it as well. You can do a google search yourself about the "shortage of Bay Rum" and you'll find that there just isn't any to be had. ( If you do find some, Let Me Know!) Most corporate fragrance houses, bought up the world's supply..."

So, the Bay Rum does weigh the same as the other soaps, and it's a proper Bay Rum with more expensive ingredients.
If you want one better get it soon before Colleen stops making it.
It really is the best Bay Rum I have used. Luckily I bought 2 of them recently!

Ask about some samples too. They might as well travel over in the same package.
NdJXnY8.png

and email sent requesting samples :)