January 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume that the AOS NOS Tallow is better than their current rubbish ...

Yes, only buy the NOS tallow formula (one person on Ebay has mass stock of it) it's considered one of, if not, the best Sandalwood's around. The new stuff is complete rubbish and not worth trying.

That's looks minty.

Seller underestimated the power of washing up liquid and a toothbrush, plate loss mentioned in the sales ad was as suspected, simply grime. The brassing under the head i thought i could live with, but toothbrush removed that too (whatever it was). Quick wash with rubbing alcohol and a shine up with a Cape Cod cloth and this was the result. Sometimes it pays off to take a punt (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
f91fd33b621e1479e2c79f691100b25d.jpg

Today's mail call, Limited Edition Semougue number 40/100

Seller underestimated the power of washing up liquid and a toothbrush, plate loss mentioned in the sales ad was as suspected, simply grime. The brassing under the head i thought i could live with, but toothbrush removed that too (whatever it was). Quick wash with rubbing alcohol and a shine up with a Cape Cod cloth and this was the result. Sometimes it pays off to take a punt (y)

Yeah, those are the ones you remember! :)

Congrats

Zomg5Ny.jpg

fbdyF2w.jpg

PzpneZA.jpg

First pic demonstrates what happens with fatigue and the only web access is from a smart phone.
Accidentally ordered 2x snake bite and the same SV as from the company the image below it represents, rather than the St James Black Pepper and Limes soap.
Going hard in recent sales and before the added 10% online tax is introduced later this year.

Talking of superb..... and them blades will be very very nice. Vintage Personna S/S...... yeah!

Big fan of modern Personna's but had plans on keeping these, but now you've said that....... maybe i will bust them open and try one of them out. Not as if they're part of a set or anything (y)

Here's todays mail. Traded with an enthusiast in the states. Love it, pictures don't really do it justice either.
IMG_20170103_151344225.jpg

IMG_20170103_151403430.jpg

IMG_20170103_151514999.jpg

IMG_20170103_151617256.jpg

IMG_20170103_151718721.jpg

Zomg5Ny.jpg

fbdyF2w.jpg

PzpneZA.jpg

First pic demonstrates what happens with fatigue and the only web access is from a smart phone.
Accidentally ordered 2x snake bite and the same SV as from the company the image below it represents, rather than the St James Black Pepper and Limes soap.
Going hard in recent sales and before the added 10% online tax is introduced later this year.

Great haul of stuff @borked.

Getting quite the collection of butter scotches @todras

Was going to take the piss about 4 400ml bottles of Floid until you reminded me about the online tax.
a) when does this occur? and
b) surely small concerns like G&C won't be affected by this? If I remember correctly at the time it was announced Hockey said it was about getting some of the big players to register for GST collection. Small players like G&C would decide to just not deal with us in Australia instead of having to do that

Was going to take the piss about 4 400ml bottles of Floid until you reminded me about the online tax.
a) when does this occur? and
b) surely small concerns like G&C won't be affected by this? If I remember correctly at the time it was announced Hockey said it was about getting some of the big players to register for GST collection. Small players like G&C would decide to just not deal with us in Australia instead of having to do that
Floid Blue is also discontinued to the best of my knowledge.
It begins at the beginning of the financial year, ie mid year.

Yes, I suspect as much, or you will start to cop invoices to release items from Customs in lieu if that company doesn't collect.

Floid Blue is also discontinued to the best of my knowledge.

Discontinued and highly sort after, so much so that Barristers Reserve aimed to preserve it by way of their 'Cool'.

Those bottles are already quite scarce and valuable for fans of the scent :cool:

I will trade you 200 polsilvers for a bottle...

Discontinued and highly sort after, so much so that Barristers Reserve aimed to preserve it by way of their 'Cool'.

Those bottles are already quite scarce and valuable for fans of the scent :cool:

Can't miss what you've never tried. However if you hear their Vigoroso is going out of production please let me know.

...of each version sounds fair :)

Status
Not open for further replies.