January 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Mail Call arrived today, so looking forward to giving each of these a spin :)

tatI8fH.jpg

AnBqJA2.jpg

Will have to have a smell of the cosmo next time I'm down :)

tJxrNdA.jpg

Darkfall soap to complete the set via Maggards. Scent off the puck is beautiful agarwood and botanicals & pairs with the alcohol free splash perfectly.

The L&L soaps are superb, the Bison tallow is idea for soap - If you have not tried L&L I highly recommend them and will post a review of the L&L-Chatillon Lux Fougère soap shortly.

And my first modern razor has arrived... hello, Prismatic.

20170106_080414.jpg

A great little razor. I have both this and the original razor it's based on. This is a great homage of a fantastic razor. I pair the Prismatic head with a TSW Bren handle for a superb shave every time.

tJxrNdA.jpg

Darkfall soap to complete the set via Maggards. Scent off the puck is beautiful agarwood and botanicals & pairs with the alcohol free splash perfectly.

The L&L soaps are superb, the Bison tallow is idea for soap - If you have not tried L&L I highly recommend them and will post a review of the L&L-Chatillon Lux Fougère soap shortly.

That L&L-Chatillon Lux Fougère soap would be superb I'm curious to try the L&L - where's the best place to buy it? Direct or Maggards or elsewhere (you selling one [emoji12])?

Technically a December acquisition but someone went and locked that thread before I could get to it! Christmas gift from my awesome sister;

Art of Shaving - Sandalwood soap in teak bowl and pre-shave oil.

Never found any pre-shave to actually do anything but I've given it a run regardless. No issues, doesn't do anything. Soap is great though. Ticks all the boxes although I would prefer a stronger scent. Slickness is excellent. I have read a bit of negativity about the latest AoS soap formulation and quite frankly it doesn't hold true for me. It's a great soap for me and I'm very glad to have it in my collection.

Last edited:
Hmm, should we post when we have the item on hand or when we pay for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.