Jewellers loupes for honing

Unless you guys can produce something like this at ~11:30 on the RIGHT side - I won't touch any of your edges :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Unless you guys can produce something like this at ~11:30 on the RIGHT side - I won't touch any of your edges :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've done that using poly diamond on an old German razor which is on a pass around atm. The edge is wayyy too sharp for most and can barely seperate hair from flesh but you can get a super close shave with some experience. If you wish I can include you in the pass around (at your own risk lol)

I've done that using poly diamond on an old German razor which is on a pass around atm. The edge is wayyy too sharp for most and can barely seperate hair from flesh but you can get a super close shave with some experience. If you wish I can include you in the pass around (at your own risk lol)
OK, enough fun and back to educating me please: so the edge on such a razor will be much sharper? I was actually just amazed at the aesthetics - just love shiny bling with no scratches...

Won't the edge be than much faster dull and much harder to upkeep as well? Also, how does a razor blade (ie in a shavette) compare in sharpness to such a blade? It's my only experience with straights, so the only point I can relate to...

OK, enough fun and back to educating me please: so the edge on such a razor will be much sharper? I was actually just amazed at the aesthetics - just love shiny bling with no scratches...

Won't the edge be than much faster dull and much harder to upkeep as well? Also, how does a razor blade (ie in a shavette) compare in sharpness to such a blade? It's my only experience with straights, so the only point I can relate to...
That's right, the edge will be much thinner and more delicate IME, so it's not something that should be used as a workhorse also because of the fact that it's harsh. Sharper is not always better, getting it that sharp is easier than making in comfortable which is the tricky part, this is where natural stones shine. Watch his 3 part video on honing a GD and finishing it on his Jnat.