July 2016 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ae5fbc96f99d2d8d63ae3fa602edc44a.jpg

It was love at first sight! I wished I had bought a larger knot though. This is only 3mm smaller than my CH2.. But looks heaps smaller. See what happens when it blooms and besides, face feel is what counts. A dry test straight of the box tells me it's nice and soft with good backbone which was my goal so very happy.

Tax time coming up... Maybe I'll get another, larger. [emoji850]

24mm Silvertip 2 band, 52mm loft.

That Faux Jade is stunning. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

It was love at first sight! I wished I had bought a larger knot though. This is only 3mm smaller than my CH2.. But looks heaps smaller. See what happens when it blooms and besides, face feel is what counts. A dry test straight of the box tells me it's nice and soft with good backbone which was my goal so very happy.

Looks great. Man you will love Shavemac 2 Band. It really is worth it.

@Sxot - lovely brush there. Dig the handle.

WGO51YL.jpg

Never having tried this aussie soapmakers wares before and having heard good things, I took the plunge in the recent clearance sale. Wishing I had kept the stout cream in my order now but there you go.
Well, depending upon the shave gods, a swap of the vanilla oak for the oatmeal stout may be possible :)
Have to shave with it first and make a final decision after that.

Congratulation on the amazing brush acquisition. Stunning brush!

Well, depending upon the shave gods, a swap of the vanilla oak for the oatmeal stout may be possible :)
Have to shave with it first and make a final decision after that.

I'm sold on the Vanilla Oak having used it this morning, from reading @Mark1966 review the oatmeal may not be my thing after all.

razr.jpg

@Draco Noir lent me these razors a few weeks ago and has graciously agreed to part with them......I may have mentioned something along the lines of "he would have to pry them out of my cold dead hands" but I don't think we need to dwell on specifics! Draco was also kind enough to throw the Romo into the deal so I have another razor to practise my honing on, in saying that though it is a very nice user grade razor in its own right. :)
  • KikuOkan 77 - mint condition (white scales)
  • Kikubosho - mint condition (asymmetrical grind folding kamisori aka 'Firecracker' black scales)
  • Romo very good condition (red scales)

Postie has delivered these shaving options today:
a6078a5b59cd3153dc03cd6784174615.jpg

Looking forward to trying them. Straight out of the box, the Toivo smells amazing. It will polarise for sure - it is an extreme scent. But hey, if you're getting a soap from Finland, why not go with the traditional product.
The Steampunk and Haslinger I have purchased on reputation; the Valobra after experiencing the amazing performance of their shaving stick.

d5c19b2343981cd08a9946f140968296.jpg

Big haul. Thank you very much @Draco Noir

ATT S1, Wolfman WRH2 Handle, ATT Inkwell razor stand, vintage polsilver

Great looking trio. Also a fan of the Pol-silver vintage blades I use them with my R-41. My 37C is starting in the early stages of Zamak rot under the head so when it reaches critical mass (a shame only a year old) I plan on replacing with an ATT slant. Only descision is an S1 or 2 I quess I leaning towards and S-1 but. Are you happy with the S-1?

My Dad sent me 2 razors this week, they were his that he used for ages before getting lazy and going electric.
I didn't think I'd feel so excited about a vintage razor but, I can't wait to use the #58. It will be something I can look after and use, then pass down to my son. I find that kinda cool!!
The Slim Twist is a bit worse for wear with sticky tape around the handle where the plastic has cracked, so it will be display only.
eVWfDCV.jpg
The 58 looks in great condition. I suspect if you like shinny it wouldn't take much to get it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.