July 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One success story here: my Noble Otter Two Kings finally turned up in today's post after a long and frustrating wait...

I think I've become a bit spoilt over the last few weeks of using Stirling soaps. They come in the same size tub, and they're FULL. Not like this...

One success story here: my Noble Otter Two Kings finally turned up in today's post after a long and frustrating wait...

I think I've become a bit spoilt over the last few weeks of using Stirling soaps. They come in the same size tub, and they're FULL. Not like this...
Probably a good thing a Beard and Blade haven't got there's yet

Bit of a mystery purchase today. I cannot work out what it is exactly. Looks like a French knockoff of the Gillette Old-Type. The brand I cannot find anywhere... or indeed if it says Duplex or Dupre with a ribbon!

Looks like Dupre Adjustable, but no trace of it on the internet that I could find.

Looks like Dupre Adjustable, but no trace of it on the internet that I could find.

It is a mystery. Though I doubt the correct razor is in the box. The unit is a straight copy of a two piece Gillette Old-Type single ring which French companies churned out up to WW2. Even playing with turns on the knob just loosens the top plate terrifyingly.

I’m intrigued to even know what a Dupre Adjustable looks like!

It is a mystery. Though I doubt the correct razor is in the box. The unit is a straight copy of a two piece Gillette Old-Type single ring which French companies churned out up to WW2. Even playing with turns on the knob just loosens the top plate terrifyingly.

I’m intrigued to even know what a Dupre Adjustable looks like!
+1

Got this today. Although it looked a lot rougher on arrival. A 1934 ish? Gillette New long comb 2 Piece Brit pat 3529756 - 363892 . Brass/copper

Maybe @Mark1966 or @klinker can identify the exact set?

Took it for a test run tonight. ..geeez its certainly efficient but still quite smoothe. More blade feel than my usual vintage bar the toggle. Near bbs is two passes.

Got this today. Although it looked a lot rougher on arrival. A 1934 ish? Gillette New long comb 2 Piece Brit pat 3529756 - 363892 . Brass/copper

Maybe @Mark1966 or @klinker can identify the exact set?

Took it for a test run tonight. ..geeez its certainly efficient but still quite smoothe. More blade feel than my usual vintage bar the toggle. Near bbs is two passes.

My initial thought is the British NEW found in the #77 / #88 sets, with a little wear!

1933%20NEW%20No77%20Set%20England.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.