July 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its my understanding that a lot of postal delays are due to lack of freight aircraft as I had books sitting with DHL in Germany for a week as they struggled getting a flight. Might also explain why my brush was delayed with Auspost in Brisbane for 4 days as they couldn't get a flight to Sydney? The US is by far the worst as COVID-19 has stretched the postal services massively and I recall Tony mentioning he had to wait months for supplies from the States. My best guess is its stuck awaiting a flight or with customs...?
Just to confirm my suspicions, I am awaiting a couple of deliverys from MEL-CBR and whilst one is due tomorrow, the other is still being prepared as Auspost are experiencing delays due to limited flights and increased parcel volumes. Both ordered at the same time. Must have a bit to do with Covid-19 restrictions in VIC and can only imagine the struggles with O/S parcels...? :(

Perth to Sydney Aus post Express 1 day (new record)

Perth to Sydney Aus pos
Yeah I'm gathering a few P&C members received the same email (y) I'm more than happy to do my bit so everybody gets they're order as the guy seems genuine and accommodating. :) Interested to see what happens next?

I'm betting its too hard for him and will refund.
It happened to me previously from him.

I hope I am wrong.

I have no issues sending blades to members here with tracking. I would also split the extra box with those who ordered, just for the inconvenience everyone has experienced.

Perth to Sydney Aus post Express 1 day (new record)

Perth to Sydney Aus pos

I'm betting its too hard for him and will refund.
It happened to me previously from him.

I hope I am wrong.

I have no issues sending blades to members here with tracking. I would also split the extra box with those who ordered, just for the inconvenience everyone has experienced.
I'm yet to hear anything from him or any of the associated P&C members in a similar boat so it wouldn't surprise me but still holding out hope as I'm on my last Polsilver...? :nailbiting:

Ordered on the 17th but no eMail regarding shared postage
I sent him another email as still no reply stating whether its going ahead or cancelled?

I sent him another email as still no reply stating whether its going ahead or cancelled?
OK so I received an email today from wizablades:

Hi sir the express shipping take 7-15 to Australie and the cost shipping is 50$

If you want .I have orders from other customers in Australia .I will send your order to you and other customer orders in Australia and ship them to them in Australia so that the shipping cost will be low for me and your order will be received quickly.

Thank you

Wizablades

As I understand it shipping cost for each would be $50 so he wishes to send one order and have that person resend them on with a free box as incentive. I replied the last few times that I am willing to help if it means we all get our orders and can happily split the box as @rhodes96 kindly suggested previously.

I'll keep everybody associated updated if I hear anything but not sure why he's delaying things if a few of us have already agreed to assist...?

If you want .I have orders from other customers in Australia .I will send your order to you and other customer orders in Australia and ship them to them in Australia so that the shipping cost will be low for me and your order will be received quickly.

Thank you

Wizablades

As I understand it shipping cost for each would be $50 so he wishes to send one order and have that person resend them on with a free box as incentive. I replied the last few times that I am willing to help if it means we all get our orders and can happily split the box as @rhodes96 kindly suggested previously.

I'll keep everybody associated updated if I hear anything but not sure why he's delaying things if a few of us have already agreed to assist...?

Received an eMail from Wizablades am tempted to cancel the order because will be nearly $10 postage within Aus, however email indicates already shipped:

HI, I have shipped a set of orders to a buyer within Australia for distribution there. When the shipment arrives in Australia I will send you the tracking number. Because shipping costs are currently high. Sorry for delay
regards​

Received an eMail from Wizablades am tempted to cancel the order because will be nearly $10 postage within Aus, however email indicates already shipped:

HI, I have shipped a set of orders to a buyer within Australia for distribution there. When the shipment arrives in Australia I will send you the tracking number. Because shipping costs are currently high. Sorry for delay
regards​
Thanks @Holiday as I'm unable to access my email from work and keen to see who he's sending the Order to...? Out of curiosity how many blades did you order as I'm waiting on 500?

Hey guys, I got an email saying they were being shipped to me overnight.
In our previous emails to wizablades, he said he’d pay for the internal shipping. Jeff, your name was provided along with Srbo. A few others from memory. We’ll see what happens when they show up and I’ll get them out.

Hey guys, I got an email saying they were being shipped to me overnight.
In our previous emails to wizablades, he said he’d pay for the internal shipping. Jeff, your name was provided along with Srbo. A few others from memory. We’ll see what happens when they show up and I’ll get them out.
Thanks for the follow up @tim33z as I assumed he'd be sending them to you as you ordered 1,000 :) Flick us a PM when received and thanks again for taking one for the team as its greatly appreciated! (y)(y)(y)

I might as well join the party. I’ve ordered 250 blades and have been informed that they have been sent. I’ll sit back and see what happens.

There must be something going on with US postage as people keep mentioning. I went to purchase a razor this morning and was going to slugged $50 US for priority mail. In normal time you could almost have flown over and picked it up yourself for that.

I might as well join the party. I’ve ordered 250 blades and have been informed that they have been sent. I’ll sit back and see what happens.

There must be something going on with US postage as people keep mentioning. I went to purchase a razor this morning and was going to slugged $50 US for priority mail. In normal time you could almost have flown over and picked it up yourself for that.
Agree and one of the main reasons why I've stepped back from buying the SS Charcoal Goods Lvl2 + Brass handle as US postage is unjustifiable. Last time I spent so much for shipping was from Italian Barber and vowed never again! :X3: Plus uncertainty with postage times have me second guessing any O/S purchases...
Happy to save my $$$ for this years Charity Auction as there should be some awesome items up for auction! :nailbiting:

Last edited:

Thank you

Wizablades

Because he probably cannot send through Poste Maroc (national carrier). He will have to sort out a private international courier such as DHL or Fed Ex. (Hopefully Fed Ex)

Updated apparently Us Postal Union are dictating to the US Gov Postal Service its members terms and conditions for Covid-19 conditions. Apprently they are only allowed to pick a certain amount of parcels and mail per day on certain routes. This is forcing a backlog of parcels being picked up and distributed to where they need to go. This is affecting the entire country.

End of last year the United States decided to stay a member of the international postal union, instead of going alone and dictating its own rates. This was supposed to lower fees and make the US more competitive with China. Well this has not happened,and now with Covid-19 conditions has created a postal price clusterbomb of price increases and a slowdown of mail. We all end up paying alot more and receive items alot later than what should be the norm.

Short Story Avoid any purchases that need to be shipped through the USA unless you absolutely need too, and are prepared to be exploited for costs and unreliable slow service.

No more 7-12 days shipping.:mad:

Because he probably cannot send through Poste Maroc (national carrier). He will have to sort out a private international courier such as DHL or Fed Ex. (Hopefully Fed Ex)
When you get your tracking number by via email, please use the 17TRACK app on your mobile phone for international package, that way you can keep an eye out what’s going on with your package. As soon as you’re package touch down on Australian soil, make sure you also have AusPost app on your mobile phone and use the same tracking number to keep track of your package in Australia.

Updated apparently Us Postal Union are dictating to the US Gov Postal Service its members terms and conditions for Covid-19 conditions. Apprently they are only allowed to pick a certain amount of parcels and mail per day on certain routes. This is forcing a backlog of parcels being picked up and distributed to where they need to go. This is affecting the entire country.

End of last year the United States decided to stay a member of the international postal union, instead of going alone and dictating its own rates. This was supposed to lower fees and make the US more competitive with China. Well this has not happened,and now with Covid-19 conditions has created a postal price clusterbomb of price increases and a slowdown of mail. We all end up paying alot more and receive items alot later than what should be the norm.

Short Story Avoid any purchases that need to be shipped through the USA unless you absolutely need too, and are prepared to be exploited for costs and unreliable slow service.

No more 7-12 days shipping.:mad:
See that would explain the long delays that most folk are experiencing and the increase in postage to Australia! :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.