July 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail call. thanks @Tony Forsyth
nzSIFNY.jpg

T/H
Classy

Thanks @Razor Burn you definitely had a part to play enabling :)
More than happy to do my part (y) My only problem is @Tony Forsyth keeps making amazing brushes and I can't convince the misses that I need more than 8 brushes... She just doesn't understand that they're Custom and investments! :LOL:

I ordered from wizamet as well, and received the same email.
You don't need to forward them on as express, just has to have tracking to forward on to the recipients.

Razor blades are no issues with Auspost.

FYI I received 2 x items from Turkey in 12 days normal Turkish post and no issues.

There is a serious BS postal monopoly issues and New government tariffs coming out of North America and Europe. Its all about money and nothing to do with COVID-19.
Yeah I'm gathering a few P&C members received the same email (y) I'm more than happy to do my bit so everybody gets they're order as the guy seems genuine and accommodating. :) Interested to see what happens next?

I've tried that excuse too. Never flies.
In all seriousness I was surprised the misses didn't kick up a fuss with the last few TF Custom brushes and she really likes the hybrid one as it reminds her of glitter :) Already reminded her of this years Charity Auction so let the bidding begin! :giggle:

Well I've been advised that shipping to Australia has been suspended due to Covid-19...? The seller has 3 orders for OZ and was offering to send them to me and then I'd forward them on as Express postage is too expensive...? Apparently there's a free box in it for me but not sure the logistics involved and how safe it is sending razor blades with Auspost...?
Shipping from where to Australia?

Last edited:
Interesting. I have something coming from @Gifts&Care.com which (according to the tracking) has been "Cleared and awaiting international departure" since the 9/07. I have been wondering whether it is actually in transit or just sitting at the facility.
Its my understanding that a lot of postal delays are due to lack of freight aircraft as I had books sitting with DHL in Germany for a week as they struggled getting a flight. Might also explain why my brush was delayed with Auspost in Brisbane for 4 days as they couldn't get a flight to Sydney? The US is by far the worst as COVID-19 has stretched the postal services massively and I recall Tony mentioning he had to wait months for supplies from the States. My best guess is its stuck awaiting a flight or with customs...?

I ordered something from the UK - was picked up in Leeds on Thursday 3pm local time...got to London and then flew via Memphis, Honolulu and Auckland to Sydney - arrived there on Sunday night.

Been sitting there since :(

I ordered something from the UK - was picked up in Leeds on Thursday 3pm local time...got to London and then flew via Memphis, Honolulu and Auckland to Sydney - arrived there on Sunday night.

Having a rest after all that flying, it was exhausted!

Either that or in COVID quarantine?

how do you like the scent?
OK, I said I'd get back on this, so here I am. The scent, to be honest, is a tad overblown, but I can live with it. Maybe a function of "fragrance" as an ingredient, as opposed to essential oil. If I'd read that in the first place, I might have reconsidered buying it, but then I would have missed out on a superb performance.

This is my first donkey milk soap, and I have to say that this was certainly the most sumptuous lather I've ever experienced, bar none. I normally do a 2½ pass shave with a bit of buffing, but today I did a full 3 with a Nacet and could have easily kept going.

OK, I said I'd get back on this, so here I am. The scent, to be honest, is a tad overblown, but I can live with it. Maybe a function of "fragrance" as an ingredient, as opposed to essential oil. If I'd read that in the first place, I might have reconsidered buying it, but then I would have missed out on a superb performance.

This is my first donkey milk soap, and I have to say that this was certainly the most sumptuous lather I've ever experienced, bar none. I normally do a 2½ pass shave with a bit of buffing, but today I did a full 3 with a Nacet and could have easily kept going.

i totally get what you are saying and had similar thoughts myself, but found it grew on me. glad you enjoyed the soap itself though..

If you think thats overblown you wont like the splash, its quite strong and lasts for ages..

Its my understanding that a lot of postal delays are due to lack of freight aircraft as I had books sitting with DHL in Germany for a week as they struggled getting a flight. Might also explain why my brush was delayed with Auspost in Brisbane for 4 days as they couldn't get a flight to Sydney? The US is by far the worst as COVID-19 has stretched the postal services massively and I recall Tony mentioning he had to wait months for supplies from the States. My best guess is its stuck awaiting a flight or with customs...?
Gifts and Care confirmed that the package has not moved and are following up with the transport company :(

Gifts and Care confirmed that the package has not moved and are following up with the transport company :(
That sucks but hopefully their inquiry can speed up the process! (y)

I had a package from Maggards a couple of months back that arrived in Sydney within 18 hours of the order (!), only to sit in Sydney for over 3 weeks until they found a little old lady with a shopping trolley to push it the rest of the way to Tassie...

Status
Not open for further replies.