July 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
AKA Brushworx 26mm Synthetic G5C Knot Milky Way Resin Handle

XSj2xx9.png
Wowzers that's one sparkling brush handle with a 26mm G5C knot to boot! Great score! :eek:

New this week (one shave on each):

- Simpson Chubby 2 Best

- Shavemac 2-band Silvertip 26/52mm

- Shavemac D01 2-band 24/48mm

Strangely, the prices at Gifts & Care are significantly cheaper than elsewhere…perhaps theystock bought before the Euro slumped. A good time to buy !!! :p

I have a Shavemac D01 26/52mm 2-band Silvertip coming too.

New this week (one shave on each):

- Simpson Chubby 2 Best

- Shavemac 2-band Silvertip 26/52mm

- Shavemac D01 2-band 24/48mm

Strangely, the prices at Gifts & Care are significantly cheaper than elsewhere…perhaps theystock bought before the Euro slumped. A good time to buy !!! :p

I have a Shavemac D01 26/52mm 2-band Silvertip coming too.

Initial Notes on my new brushes after a couple of 3-pass shaves with each brush. Hard soaps used (D.R Harris, Meissner Tremonia, Saponifico Varesino) with face lathering. Daily shaver.

Shavemac Americana D01 2-band 24/48mm:

Exceptionally scrubby and exfoliating with some scritch. A few prickly black hairs exiting the top of the loft.

A lot of face presence and backbone given the short loft but also very enjoyable to use. Expensive though.

Lathers hard soap very easily and releases well.

Perfect for occasional use and for lifting flat stubble.

Shavemac 26/52mm 2-band Silvertip (not D01):

Very well balanced 2:1 loft with good backbone. Soft tips but a tiny amount of prickle at top-centre of the loft which I guess will go away. Extremely pleasant face-feel. Very comfortable handle shape. Lathers hard soap with ease, and releases well.

Probably the best brush I’ve ever used.

Simpson Chubby 2 in best badger:

The best badger hair is much softer than I expected but not at all floppy. A tad more backbone than 3-band Silvertip.

No scritch, has soft tips, and face-feel is very pleasant. Holds water exceptionally well so I didn’t need to dip the damp brush when loading hard soap. Very enjoyable, and a classic.

Initial Notes on my new brushes after a couple of 3-pass shaves with each brush. Hard soaps used (D.R Harris, Meissner Tremonia, Saponifico Varesino) with face lathering. Daily shaver.

Shavemac Americana D01 2-band 24/48mm:

Exceptionally scrubby and exfoliating with some scritch. A few prickly black hairs exiting the top of the loft.

A lot of face presence and backbone given the short loft but also very enjoyable to use. Expensive though.

Lathers hard soap very easily and releases well.

Perfect for occasional use and for lifting flat stubble.

Shavemac 26/52mm 2-band Silvertip (not D01):

Very well balanced 2:1 loft with good backbone. Soft tips but a tiny amount of prickle at top-centre of the loft which I guess will go away. Extremely pleasant face-feel. Very comfortable handle shape. Lathers hard soap with ease, and releases well.

Probably the best brush I’ve ever used.

Simpson Chubby 2 in best badger:

The best badger hair is much softer than I expected but not at all floppy. A tad more backbone than 3-band Silvertip.

No scritch, has soft tips, and face-feel is very pleasant. Holds water exceptionally well so I didn’t need to dip the damp brush when loading hard soap. Very enjoyable, and a classic.
I like your use of hard soaps for evaluating your brushes. That's the real test. There aren't many synthetics that carry off that with real panache (exceptions are the AP G5C and G5A, and I'm hoping the new G7 I've ordered might be another), and I've never found a piggy-wig that loads or holds enough lather for a head+face shaver.

I like your use of hard soaps for evaluating your brushes. That's the real test. There aren't many synthetics that carry off that with real panache (exceptions are the AP G5C and G5A, and I'm hoping the new G7 I've ordered might be another), and I've never found a piggy-wig that loads or holds enough lather for a head+face shaver.

I’m too nervous to try a head shave…a weekly run over with a buzzer at 0.8mm is fine for me. I was thinking to get a Wahl balding buzzer but I’d probably skin myself with it.

Instead of having my most used razors on stands on my bathroom counter top I decided to utilize the unused vertical space in my bathroom cupboard.

I found these wall holders on aliexpress which had adjustable arms which you just click in at intervals. I did take note of the measurements and the arms are 3cm long but that included the circle end piece which is a bit thick. This meant DE heads were a couple of mm short of being able to sit flat. However, they're stable enough and behind closed doors I am not worried about them being knocked over. SE heads fit fine obviously.

Now to choose which razors to fill out the remaining 4 spaces.

28-DAE6-BF-AFBA-4-EFD-A358-A24979-B75612.jpg

14016-D3-C-5-B28-4-C3-A-82-B2-3433-E74-D424-D.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.