June 2018 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail Call:- From the Stray Whisker, thank you @shavetheman (y):happy:

IMG_0271.jpg

Sweet haul! Which one is your favourite? (I’m fond of Y/R/P.)
Too early for me at the moment to tell which is my favourite because I never had Declaration Grooming soaps in my den, what about you Agent Mulder still hunting UFO :p:D you do realise the smoking man is not dead after you shot him in the head :D;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback @Korbz, I'm glad I've chosen the 3.5 inches to handle length because when I watched @Cris on youtube he has the 3 inches handle length was a little too short for me.

I'm glad I didn't choose the 4 inches to handle length otherwise the total weight would be too heavy and a bit too long, I may end up losing some balance holding the razor during the shaves.
Judging by most feedback I've seen a lot of users have gone with the 3.5'' which seems normal but when I eventually win lotto I will be ordering a few extra plates (C & E) and a 3' handle as I love them shorter, especially with the Mekur 34C which feels great in the hand and is well balanced overall :) Can't wait for my cap + D plate to arrive as the wait is painful!

The YRP is amazing hey. I splashed on some of the aftershave last night and got an instant "you smell awesome". Could not help myself I ordered the EdT.
Starting to think I purchased the wrong one as YRP looks to be the bomb :( Never tried any of the Decleration's Grooming stuff and rushed my order but here's hoping Trismegistus shaves well as first impressions of the scent profile seem pleasant :)

Starting to think I purchased the wrong one as YRP looks to be the bomb :( Never tried any of the Decleration's Grooming stuff and rushed my order but here's hoping Trismegistus shaves well as first impressions of the scent profile seem pleasant :)
Tris is great and a favourite of mine. It's the same base, so if you like the performance you can always get YRP later. I can bring the YRP salve to the Canberra meet if no one else already has it by then.

Though I think YRP is limited, so keep any eye out if it starts to run low on stock.

Tris is great and a favourite of mine. It's the same base, so if you like the performance you can always get YRP later. I can bring the YRP salve to the Canberra meet if no one else already has it by then.

Though I think YRP is limited, so keep any eye out if it starts to run low on stock.
@Razor Burn, I have a YRP on the way... But it seems to be stuck in Chullora - was due to be delivered yesterday.
If it arrives in time I'll bring it to the meet.

@Razor Burn, I have a YRP on the way... But it seems to be stuck in Chullora - was due to be delivered yesterday.
That would be great guys, thanks :)

guETJ6ql.jpg

Mail call from TSW. I deliberated for a long time over what to order, and tried to spread to cover my bases. Unfortunately, not a huge fan of the bon vivant or GLS scents. Think my nose just ain't that fancy. Hoping the BV might change a little when lathered, however the GLS doesn't pass the wife test. I was hoping the tobacco/leather would partner with the project leather somewhat, but totally different. Kicking myself that I didn't go for TSM Fougere or the YRP. Ahh well, if anyone wants to talk trade lol

It
Well, I just got off the phone with AusPost.
They seem to have misplaced my package... It was due on Wednesday. But is still reporting as Chullora... Bloody hell.
It seems the more I use AusPost, the worse they do. *sigh*
Sorry to see them d@$king you around @lerenau as they've been fairly good with my lately :(

guETJ6ql.jpg

Mail call from TSW. I deliberated for a long time over what to order, and tried to spread to cover my bases. Unfortunately, not a huge fan of the bon vivant or GLS scents. Think my nose just ain't that fancy. Hoping the BV might change a little when lathered, however the GLS doesn't pass the wife test. I was hoping the tobacco/leather would partner with the project leather somewhat, but totally different. Kicking myself that I didn't go for TSM Fougere or the YRP. Ahh well, if anyone wants to talk trade lol
That sucks @Korbz as I too was having trouble deciding on my purchases as most of what I like wasn't available so rushed my order. Hopefully you can find new homes for them as surely somebody has tried them and enjoyed the scents...?

Without wanting to sound a complete dick here, mate if you mix and match niche artisan fragrances without experiencing them first you are going to have a bad time.

The only thing that can work is using those soaps you have with fragrances/splashes that usually feature one forward note rather than a whole fragrance design, in a majority of cases the designs are just too complex and are designed with a distinct fragrance narrative to pair meaningfully. GLS for instance works really well with Old Spice or Barristers Reserve Spice for example.

I really advise people to buy the soap and the splash as a pair, rather than say the soap from Artisan X and the splash from Artisan Y as this happens so often and the result is often disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.