Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
That's what GoToobs are for... :)
👍 got them for my shampoo but I usually take an even lighter kit for overnight!

Mind you - the 75ml tubes are themselves way heavier than the 40g D R Harris sticks.

Over thinking this 🤔

Gargravarr

Our resident snake charmer
👍 got them for my shampoo but I usually take an even lighter kit for overnight!

Mind you - the 75ml tubes are themselves way heavier than the 40g D R Harris sticks.

Over thinking this 🤔
Hmm, DR Harris comes as a stick? I honestly didn't know, since DRH has only recently come on to my radar since @rhodes96' princely gift last month (and never in my life have I ever used a stick except as something to throw for the dog). Next year, I think I'll get myself one for travel purposes, as I really like it.

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail

Gargravarr

Chad

... had his first - 15/8/20
Acquisition update*. 1934 Gillette #44 Raised Flat bottom NEW hollow ball end handle set. Not very common razor and the RFB is possibly the best cap/plate combo Gillette ever came up with. Glad I saved this one and very little to none plate loss. Shiny 😁👌

https://flic.kr/p/2m4u3pT
https://flic.kr/p/2m4v6xX
And you can't shave without soap and aftershave. Has Captains blend had a small formula change? Aftershave spot on but soap a lighter colour now and slight difference to previous soap. Straight off puck it's different.

https://flic.kr/p/2m4qpAe

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
If they live up to the hype will order a few hundred extra
The blades were free postage and with 100 blades in the card the seller appears to have sent as untracked envelope with 2 x $1.10 stamps and not the standard $9.15 we all pay for up to 500 grams

Mark1966

Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail

Gargravarr

I've not tried these two, but have some vintage Yardley and it is fantastic!
Yardley lavender was the first good soap I ever had, back in the 70s when it was still being made. I saw an unopened tub for sale the other week for something like $270. I almost broke the sabbatical for just an instant, but then sanity decided to put in a brief appearance.

Mark1966

Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
Yardley lavender was the first good soap I ever had, back in the 70s when it was still being made. I saw an unopened tub for sale the other week for something like $270. I almost broke the sabbatical for just an instant, but then sanity decided to put in a brief appearance.
Talk to me post sabbatical ...

The vintage stuff is out there and not always at eye watering prices. The soap is unused.