Lather Shots

Thought i'd have a go tonight

SH Eucalyptus & Lavender & Razorock Bruce

5bb7f8eeb8600354e350916b1a3f149a.jpg

"No half measures......"
Great effort @vanNek (y)

9e0e8621b3374a9a108cb2613692af85.jpg

Poor lather created. User error really. I'm having a hard time with harder pucks (except SV).

Tonight's lather wasn't great too, I think my problem is still getting the loading right and not enough water. Being a slow shaver, when I got till the chin, the SdM's pretty dried out.

Need a break from the donkey soap. Come back later. I need to spend much longer time loading it, plus constantly keep adding water and build lather from the puck.

Did a test run after the shave, I got much more lather by doing much longer loading and constantly adding water bits by bits. Even after lathering and rinsing twice, the third application is still relatively thick. Lesson for next time.

Hard puck is hard work.

9e0e8621b3374a9a108cb2613692af85.jpg

Poor lather created. User error really. I'm having a hard time with harder pucks (except SV).

Tonight's lather wasn't great too, I think my problem is still getting the loading right and not enough water. Being a slow shaver, when I got till the chin, the SdM's pretty dried out.

Need a break from the donkey soap. Come back later. I need to spend much longer time loading it, plus constantly keep adding water and build lather from the puck.

Did a test run after the shave, I got much more lather by doing much longer loading and constantly adding water bits by bits. Even after lathering and rinsing twice, the third application is still relatively thick. Lesson for next time.

Hard puck is hard work.
16f29322eb5ee09da5a6a5b213d776be.jpg

Test lather #3.
Much better results this time. What did I do differently? I tried the M method, of dripping wet brush, let gravity drain it.
Then gently swirl brush tips on soap puck. I think with hard puck, the extra water content helps soften the soap top layer further. Gentle stroke, not too quick otherwise it will start foaming up, about 1 swirl per 2-3 second. Slowly slowly. Once you loaded up enough soap, load another 10 seconds.

Then start quicker revolutions to start the lathering. Got very good results this time very happy with it. But, I need to stop for a bit. I noticed by doing this, i chew up A LOT of soap. Initially I couldn't close my soap tin properly, now I can clearly see a big chunk gone. Damn that Epsilon horse.

Great lather (as always) @Osman - what a shame I found that soap to be too drying for my skin...

32fa613ab02a5f5d2698124ace6b6263.jpg

Test lather.
Shavemac 177 + DR Harris Arlington
Used the wet method this time.
I never succeeded in getting enough lather with the DR Harris, except with a boar. The most lather I've been able to produce with a badger with hard pucks. Sure take it time though, but the results are slick, moist rich thick lather.