Lupo Stainless Steel 95 v 72

absolutely I do, the 72 was terrible but the 95 so smooth.. another good tip from u mate

What Handle did u get with your WR2?

The WRH2 feels amazing, that’s going on for next shave with feather

I have the WRH7 solid polished. I will be adding a standard finish WRH2 with the standard polish WR1 0.86 SB at the end of the year.

Just used the 72 with a fresh minora. WTG was good, ATG wasn't rough. For me, I find any ATG shave with any razor feels "rough" anyway due to the blade facing more cutting resistance, with higher blade sharpness mitigating it but not totally. I still think the Lupo is a great razor.
When shaving ATG hold the handle like a classic Englishman eating a soup close to the end of the handle by riding the top cap only.

I have the WRH7 solid polished. I will be adding a standard finish WRH2 with the standard polish WR1 0.86 SB at the end of the year.

ahhhhh…. The real thing hey, I will be just ‘faking’ it 😂

I do remember holding the WR1 + WRH2 once, felt amazing in the hand, much better than the WR2. Something about that handle with than thin head.

who knows I may well add a WR1 to the den one day

Knew you would like Lupo .95 (y).

Now to get @Razor Burn to add one to his collection.:D
Seeing as I found the WR2 .95 a tad mild the Lupo 95would be a cheaper alternative, allowing me to focus on the right WR1 gap to suit my needs. ;)
Big fan of the WR2 standard solid handle myself as great feel and balance despite the heft.

Seeing as I found the WR2 .95 a tad mild the Lupo 95would be a cheaper alternative, allowing me to focus on the right WR1 gap to suit my needs. ;)
Big fan of the WR2 standard solid handle myself as great feel and balance despite the heft.

hey mate.. the lupo 95 is not the same efficiency as the WR2 95. As you know blade gap means nothing in razors alone. By using both the WR2 1.25 and the lupo 95, i would rate the lupo 95 not as efficient but not too far behind. So if i were to guess would be between a WR2 1.05 to WR2 1.15, and if i were a betting man would say closer to WR2 1.15

It is a tad more efficient that the Rocca V4 you have. So knowing your WR2 95 how much more efficient would you say your Rocca is to that? then add a fraction more to your calculations.

ahhhhh…. The real thing hey, I will be just ‘faking’ it 😂

I do remember holding the WR1 + WRH2 once, felt amazing in the hand, much better than the WR2. Something about that handle with than thin head.

who knows I may well add a WR1 to the den one day
From memory there might be a WR1 standard OC + WR2 handle (with WR1 stand) in this years Charity Auction...?

If true, I can confirm she's a beaut and in excellent condition. ;)

hey mate.. the lupo 95 is not the same efficiency as the WR2 95. As you know blade gap means nothing in razors alone. By using both the WR2 1.25 and the lupo 95, i would rate the lupo 95 not as efficient but not too far behind. So if i were to guess would be between a WR2 1.05 to WR2 1.15, and if i were a betting man would say closer to WR2 1.15

It is a tad more efficient that the Rocca V4 you have. So knowing your WR2 95 how much more efficient would you say your Rocca is to that? then add a fraction more to your calculations.
I had a chance to try the WR2 in SB .95 & 1.05 and although super smooth WTG & ATG, I found the standard WR1 SB even smoother XTG leaving me with a long lasting BBS minus any irritation!

The great thing about a Wolfman is the design provides for smooth shaves even with the higher gaps and if I were to justify going with a WR2 it would need to be .125+ gap for it to knock off my current favourites., whilst still being comfortable enough to use on a regular basis.

Something about a standard SB WR1 + WR2 solid handle that stands out from any other combination I have tried and the only other DE that comes close is the Rocca V4 as it shaves all angles comfortably and I can easily use it everyday.

I respect the positive reviews of the Lupo 95 and look forward to trying one as it sounds like a decent rotation option for those with thicker beard growth... :unsure:

I had a chance to try the WR2 in SB .95 & 1.05 and although super smooth WTG & ATG, I found the standard WR1 SB even smoother XTG leaving me with a long lasting BBS minus any irritation!

The great thing about a Wolfman is the design provides for smooth shaves even with the higher gaps and if I were to justify going with a WR2 it would need to be .125+ gap for it to knock off my current favourites., whilst still being comfortable enough to use on a regular basis.

Something about a standard SB WR1 + WR2 solid handle that stands out from any other combination I have tried and the only other DE that comes close is the Rocca V4 as it shaves all angles comfortably and I can easily use it everyday.

I respect the positive reviews of the Lupo 95 and look forward to trying one as it sounds like a decent rotation option for those with thicker beard growth... :unsure:

it certainly is great for rotation and proving to be a daily driver.. was going to leave shaving tonight to give the skin a break and actually have something decent to shave off but skin feels great so tonight I’m gonna chuck in the WRH2 handle and load up a feather for a three pass shave

Razor: Lupo 95
Blade: Feather
Brush: Omega Boar 11137
Soap: Tabac
Splash: Tabac Cologne

WOW!!!

The WRH2 handle is a perfect match for the Lupo. The feather is also, but I def need to tame it by learning the angle to use ATG.

First and second passes WTG and XTG was amazingly smooth and added an extra layer of efficiency I had not yet experienced with this razor. It was so smooth I was chalking this shave up one as one of the best.

This lulled me into a false sense of security where I proceeded with the ATG pass without much thought or concentration and yes there were some weepers as a result on my lip and chin. Nothing to bad but I did pull out the old alum block.

The irritation on the lips and chin was minor but it was there, something I had not yet felt with the 95. No issue with the neck and the resulting shave was a lovely BBS all round.

Definitely going to explore this combination further but may attempt it with two days growth next time.

51351463347_a380fe1164_b.jpg

This lulled me into a false sense of security where I proceeded with the ATG pass without much thought or concentration and yes there were some weepers as a result on my lip and chin. Nothing to bad but I did pull out the old alum block.
Maybe you could have stopped at WTG/XTG ;) I find Feather and top tier modern blades can start off too sharp and the vintage Aussie spoilers and Red & White Super Stainless Steel blades buttery smooth and extremely efficient in comparison

Afterthought 💡the WRH2 handle would have added a bit of extra weight into the mix along with the Feathers sharpness

Last edited:
Maybe you could have stopped at WTG/XTG ;) I find Feather and top tier modern blades can start off too sharp and the vintage Aussie spoilers and Red & White Super Stainless Steel blades buttery smooth and extremely efficient in comparison

absolutely i could of stopped there but would of only achieved a DFS, and wheres the fun in that :)

The red and white are the same as the new minora's from what i understand and they are awesome blades, still think the feathers are sharper but yes not as smooth.. thing is though with this shave both those passes were as smooth, as the minoras but more efficient so very good pairing, just need to work out the ATG pass.. the WR2 took me a while but a very steep angle there fixed the ATG weeper issue.

absolutely i could of stopped there but would of only achieved a DFS, and wheres the fun in that :)

The red and white are the same as the new minora's from what i understand and they are awesome blades, still think the feathers are sharper but yes not as smooth.. thing is though with this shave both those passes were as smooth, as the minoras but more efficient so very good pairing, just need to work out the ATG pass.. the WR2 took me a while but a very steep angle there fixed the ATG weeper issue.
As a matter of interest, have you tried that so-called "Gillette Slide" manoeuvre? I "discovered" it comparatively recently (it's not new, having been printed in old Gillette brochures long ago), but it has allowed me to get to BBS with much less ATG action. I have a briar patch just below the jawline that resists most shaving action, even with a straight, and I've been able to knock most of that down with near-WTG strokes.

Unfortunately, I hit on this technique after I had surrendered my DE razors, so it'll be interesting to find out how others get along without the superior technology of the AC razor... ;)

As a matter of interest, have you tried that so-called "Gillette Slide" manoeuvre? I "discovered" it comparatively recently (it's not new, having been printed in old Gillette brochures long ago), but it has allowed me to get to BBS with much less ATG action. I have a briar patch just below the jawline that resists most shaving action, even with a straight, and I've been able to knock most of that down with near-WTG strokes.

Unfortunately, I hit on this technique after I had surrendered my DE razors, so it'll be interesting to find out how others get along without the superior technology of the AC razor... ;)

never heard of it, but willing to try it.. got any links to the move?