Lupo Stainless Steel 95 v 72

Isn't that the idea of a slant razor to cut the whiskers at an angle, while still maintaining a traditional up down motion?

The slide in a multi blade cartridge might be a blood bath. :eek:
Exactly, I was thinking of slants (specifically the ATT SE) and thought of emulating the action with a regular razor. And of course, it turned out someone else thought of it before.:rolleyes: And yes, you do have to be a bit careful doing this with any razor, otherwise the bathroom might end up looking like a film set for "Friday 13th"... :eek:

Razor: Lupo 95
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Yaqi 2-Band Badger
Soap: Tabac
Splash: Tabac Splash

Another excellent shave with another blade. This razor has taken all blades well, but would have to say the best of all was the Minora and the perfect blend of sharp and smooth. Pretty much done testing this one, it’s a big winner and glad I have it in the Den. I’ll retest the 72 at some point but def not in any rush

51357298619_9c337b7328_b.jpg

Razor: Lupo 72
Brush: Omega 10098

Ok so a blade can make all the difference or was it the lather or both?

One thing was for sure I really enjoyed this shave, and take back all I said in the previous review post.. The shave was def milder than the 95 but still efficient and quite smooth.

Riding the cap with 1 WTG + 2 ATG passes felt quite safe and mild

The Omega was amazing, first shave after two pre-break in sessions as per @bald as suggestions. The Brush felt very soft on the face and its size held enough super slick lather for the entire shave. The Omega may well end up becoming my favorite.

51365551455_d5fb56701a_b.jpg

Brush: Semogue Gallahad C3 Boar
Splash: Proraso Red Splash

Had another go, back to back, with the 72

remembered a post in some forum where guys swore by nacets in this razor so gave it a crack, personally prior to this razor I found the nacets to be quite sharp but they were not smooth for me.

The Lupo 72 + nacet combo is amazing and provided a smooth, close, ‘mild’ shave. Felt like a mild shave but it was quite efficient, easy bbs with 3 passes. IMHO this is a winning combo, and have 200 nacets on order 😊

The Gallahad feels amazing in the hand but may take a while yet to break in.

Both razors are amazing, considering a different handle for one, just so I can tell them apart, anyone got any suggestions?

51365935992_a38fc00ce3_b.jpg

Both razors are amazing, considering a different handle for one, just so I can tell them apart, anyone got any suggestions?

The Razorock SS UFO handle feels fantastic with the Lupo 95. I have all the Razorock SS and Ti handles and this is the only to me that feels the best balanced for the Lupo.

@Rusty Bridges don't despair mate, you have a nice razor there in the 72.. try it with a polsilver/wizamet and a nacet when you get a chance (y)

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I bought the lupo with the UFO handle with my .72 and can agree with everything that has been said about it. Even though I haven't used it yet and tested different handles this one seems like a winning combination.

It's great to hear it has been working out for you. It sounds like you're in for a few great shaves. I'm very much thinking of running a risk and ordering some Wizamet blades in the next few days. PolSilver/Wizamet blades work so well for me and I am probably more familiar with them than most other blades I own however I also have some Nacets to try it out with too.
I might have to casually become a daily shaver as soon as I get back into with all the stuff I have to test. I've definitely been following this thread with interest. I wonder what other blades will work. I feel like feather blades might be on the agenda at some point.

Blade: Nacet
Brush: Omega Boar 10098

Decided to test out the Lupo 72 + Nacet combo on two days growth and three standard passes. Another smooth mild shave but still very efficient. No weepers, burn or anything to speak of.

I love this razor and for me will be the perfect ‘in between’ days shave where you want a close and mild irritation free shave.

51371289026_47aec6dbbb_b.jpg

Razor: Lupo 95
Blade: Minora
Brush: Semogue Gallahad C3

after a couple nights out bush it was nice to enjoy a shower and superb shave with the 95. Extremely smooth shave but couple of short lapses drew minor blood, just enough to let me know to be careful

but was care was rewarded with a very smooth easy three pass BBS, will see if this can be a daily driver for me

51380235999_a30c4031e3_b.jpg

this one here? i saw it, just looks a bit odd at the end

razorock-ufo-handle-85mm_550x825.jpg
I rather like the look of that handle - I think I would have much preferred that to the 2-piece Halo I have on my Hawk V3. (As an aside, I have no idea why this Halo handle is in two pieces - I've tried taking the end off, and/or turning the handle back to front with equally unsatisfactory results.) As it is, my Hawk may not be in my rotation much after next January, I'm giving some thought to replacing it with the new Colonial General after having read @Pbgoose's glowing review the other day.

I rather like the look of that handle - I think I would have much preferred that to the 2-piece Halo I have on my Hawk V3. (As an aside, I have no idea why this Halo handle is in two pieces - I've tried taking the end off, and/or turning the handle back to front with equally unsatisfactory results.) As it is, my Hawk may not be in my rotation much after next January, I'm giving some thought to replacing it with the new Colonial General after having read @Pbgoose's glowing review the other day.
2 piece halo handle? Haven't seen one of those