Madness?

Sxot

Artisan Producer
So we did May Madness... one soap for a month.

I'm thinking that is too easy. How about we do a @Drubbing February? One soap, one brush, one razor, one blade (type - change it out if disposable), on splash/balm. It's a short month so that's only 28 shaves. Trial your "desert Island" kit. See if you really could live on a single set-up.

What do you think?

I enjoy using and having the choice to select a variety of soaps, razors, brushes and aftershaves on a daily basis way too much to even entertain such a beige idea.

The idea of deliberately depriving myself of choice and the pleasure of daily shaving that comes from it is to my mind borderline idiotic, that and it would limit my evaluation and testing of APR scents and all the soaps and kit I order.

If you mad bastards want to go ahead and do it, I will gladly sponsor you though if the money is given to charity, but I do reserve the right to chortle and or chuckle when you hit day 20...

my 0.02

The idea of deliberately depriving myself of choice and pleasure is to my mind borderline idiotic

Not going to be signing up as a Monk any time soon then?

I enjoy the variety too, hence why I have a whole pile of stuff. Doesn't mean I don't like a challenge. I also wonder what life would be like without disposable income to afford that choice. Who knows, maybe it won't be so bad and I'll go back to one soap? I like the idea of having a signature scent and always smelling the same.

If I did sign up for this, I certainly wouldn't be visiting P&C much that much is for sure!

I enjoy using and having the choice to select a variety of soaps, razors, brushes and aftershaves on a daily basis way too much to even entertain such a beige idea.

The idea of deliberately depriving myself of choice and the pleasure of daily shaving that comes from it is to my mind borderline idiotic, that and it would limit my evaluation and testing of APR scents and all the soaps and kit I order.

If you mad bastards want to go ahead and do it, I will gladly sponsor you though if the money is given to charity, but I do reserve the right to chortle and or chuckle when you hit day 20...

my 0.02
I'm currently on day 22 of using the same razor and blade (note I do mean blade, I've not changed it yet).
I have changed up the soaps (all with menthol except for one shave) and A/S splashes (all mentholated) however.

Admittedly I do only shave every other day though.

I'm currently on day 22 of using the same razor and blade (note I do mean blade, I've not changed it yet).

They breed a hard man in the Territories (The Northern territory at any rate)....I sent you a bunch of samples up too on monday, they are not mentholated as per your instructions.

They breed a hard man in the Territories (The Northern territory at any rate)....

Harsh!

I sent you a bunch of samples up too on monday, they are not mentholated as per your instructions.

They should arrive sometime in Feb then ...

Oh come on...22 days on the one blade, thats down right rugged!
It's the legendary Personna 74 blade that I'm using. Last one (admitedly pushed a couple of shaves too far) lasted 26 shaves.
I allow myself one every new year as I only have a few left.

I sent you a bunch of samples up too on monday, they are not mentholated as per your instructions.
And thank you

It's the legendary Personna 74 blade that I'm using. Last one (admitedly pushed a couple of shaves too far) lasted 26 shaves.
I allow myself one every new year as I only have a few left.

And thank you

Hey Eggs - I'm 5 in on my first Personna '74. So far so good.

It was a speculative buy of a mixed bag of old blades for next to nothing; almost all were beyond using, but there were a few boxes of '74s hiding at the bottom of the pile in good nick.

So no one is even remotely interested?
The more I think about it, the more I want to try it. See how much I miss the variety.

OK mate, I'll join ya.
Just to prove to @eggbert that I'm not just a rampant consumer...
Likely lineup for the month:
- Rockwell 6s (though I might drift up and down the bottom plates)
- Spoilers (though I might need more than one for the month, maybe two)
- Wolf Whistles Envy White
- i-coloniali
- Thayer's Unscented Toner

Nah, the balcony can have their same select gear day after day. Besides, It would make SOTD thread kind of redundant :)

As usual I have some modifications :)

I'm in - after I get back from my US trip and no I'm not going to be using my travel stuff at home, nor take my home stuff on the road as checked luggage in case it gets lost.

Once I return I will be 'in' for this February thing with:

Gillette Fatboy
Vintage butterscotch Culmak reknotted with TGN Finest.
Vintage NOS 'French' Wilkies
Klar Seifen shaving soap (desperate and tenuous but I have no Fine shaving soap!)
Myrsol F/extra - of course!

Does that effort make up for only being involved for half of February?