Madness?

Well I kept changing brushes but everything else stayed the same. So not sure i followed the rules.

What I learned,
I am quite happy to use the same soap/splash indefinitely. Not too fussed about scent, maybe cause most of the time I am too rushed to actually enjoy it.

Had some reasonable shaves and some really bad shaves. Bbs with no irritation is not happening. I have given up. It's a 2 pass dfs for me and that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the last shave last night - think there were 13 shaves in the month of Feb (+ 1 late January with the same gear)
Didn't really learn much, except that they saying "variety is the spice of life" can also be said for wet shaving.
Would I do it again? Probably not, until the shaveocalypse anyway.
Was it hard? Not really - the only difficult moments came when I accidentally picked up the wrong aftershave - the thoughts who would know anyway ran through my mind momentarily.
Do I want to kick you in the balls...? Not for that reason alone.
Would I do it again? Probably not, until the shaveocalypse anyway.
How did you kit turn out? Still have soap and aftershave left even though the idea was to finish them. If you use sensible amounts of product, soaps and splash can last a very long time. Even though the month started with me being able to see the bottom of the tin, there is still at least another 15 shaves worth left. Two blades down for the whole month. And splashing menthol aftershaves all over can have a temporary cooling effect, but sensitive parts of your skin do not appreciate the burn a few minutes later!
What would I change? Other people doing it than me.

Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed it.
I'll have to remember next time I'm up your way to wear a cup - just in case. :)

I finished,no biggie and yes I would do it again during the May Madness or whatever.
What did I learn? Nothing really,except I used less product than I thought.
All in all a boring exercise,but worse things happen at sea,so all(moderately) good.
Correction,I did learn that the Fine Superlight is an absolutely brilliant razor.

Last edited:
All in all a boring exercise,but worse things happen at sea,so all(moderately) good.

Boring, yes. Challenging? Mind altering? I suppose you had an unfair advantage since the temptation wasn't there?

Which reminds me, who was it? There was someone recently who cut themselves on a DE blade at sea and had their blades confiscated and were told carts only from here on out? I have feeling it wasn't on here but we do have more than one sea going folk here. I read yesterday of how Mickey Lee Soap Works was started. The soapers husband is in the Navy. On one deployment, he watched a sailor use a straight every morning, on a rocking ship, shoulder to shoulder with others and he never shed blood. He decided then and there he wanted to learn how to do that! I reckon that's pretty game on a ship! I believe they call that a self inflicted wound and is a punishable offence!?