March 2012 Arrivals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your case is in better condition though!
Now to find the razor that should be in that case...

As you said it's a G-bar or Featherweight case. I've already got a cased version of the latter but I'm hoping my Bullet Tip will fit as that's with out one at the moment. Not planning on getting a G-bar. Gotta stop somewhere. I don't mind the leather sleeves you can get either. I hate them rolling around in a drawer without any cover.

I've heard of both those programs. I just went for the first one that came up on google. It's called esnipe and you don't pay for the first ten days. I don't intend using it at all if I can. I keep saying this will be the last razor.....

I keep saying this will be the last razor.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Always room for one more!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Always room for one more!

Or 12 or so - next shipment is on its way from US. I think I better stop buying until I see what I have. I tend to open these parcels and have no idea of when I bought stuff. Fun though.

Or 12 or so - next shipment is on its way from US. I think I better stop buying until I see what I have.........

Thats the only problem I can see with buying job lots. The individual raozrs come out cheaper but you end up with a lot of duplicates. Don't worry though, you can be the go to PIF man when it comes to converting people to SE shaving.

Thats the only problem I can see with buying job lots. The individual raozrs come out cheaper but you end up with a lot of duplicates. Don't worry though, you can be the go to PIF man when it comes to converting people to SE shaving.

That indeed is the idea.

Once this new lot comes in I shall have a days cleaning and shining, work out the duplicates and offer PIFs or better yet trades for blades and/or AS or colognes (not the old lady stuff thanks Mark). Have a feeling I will have a few DE as well as SE duplicates in this lot so we wait with bated breath. Then of course I will be relying on you SE experts to tell me what is mssing from the SE collection and I can try to fill in the gaps.

That's a nice looking VAS. Pablo shaves with them and will be able to give a few tips. Apparently there are a few different models with different shaving characteristics. I've never been tempted myself.

Nah, never used an auto strop and blades are too much of a hassle.
Some you can't get blades for at all, (so never bothered buying one), others you can use by removing the spine of the back of a GEM SE blade to make it fit. Which ones you can use and which one's you can;t I'm not sure any more.

I will treausre the blades that come with it then.

Well, they'll most likely be carbon steel or at least in need of stropping. You can get Feather blades that'll apparently fit all VAS models. I don't think they're particularly cheap. Alternatively you can adjust GEM blades to fit. Here's a link showing you how. It's not a bad site. Simlar to here, very quiet and not crowded with sycophants.

THE ORIGINAL SAFETY TOO - Review- Valet AutoStrop models VC1, 2, 3, and 4

Thanks for the links Pjotr. Now I need to get it to see if I have a 1, 2,3 or 4. Will have a look for the Feathers blades as well. It does look like the blades with it are new so we shall see. If nothing else it will look pretty in the cabinet.

Musnt grumble big PIF day coming soon to a forum near you!

Of course with the excellent tastes of all those in this forum I will probably end up with most of them in the keep till later shelf. Have to wait for newbies to turn up when they don't know any better (or at least feel happy to have a razor that cost under $5.00) :)
Still will have quite a few SEs so all you non-SE shavers start pondering.

A couple more OCMMs, a Bullet tip (that's a great score) and a fat handled tech. One OCMM is in the Clog Pruf case. A cased Clog Pruf with blade bank by itself could fetch that. Good score again.

A couple more OCMMs, a Bullet tip (that's a great score) and a fat handled tech. One OCMM is in the Clog Pruf case. A cased Clog Pruf with blade bank by itself could fetch that. Good score again.

The Bullet tip does it also go by another name - The Flying Wedgie - or something like that? :)

The Bullet tip does it also go by another name - The Flying Wedgie - or something like that? :)

It goes by the name of Flying Wing. No idea what or where that came from. Much prefer it's common nickname the Bullet tip. The wedgie would even be better. I'm hoping it will cure you of TM shaving.

It goes by the name of Flying Wing. No idea what or where that came from. Much prefer it's common nickname the Bullet tip. The wedgie would even be better. I'm hoping it will cure you of TM shaving.

Terrific I wanted one of those and didnt realise one was in this lot! My SE collection has to be nearing completion - need a lather catcher but that will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.