March 2013 Member Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can all see why you are trying so hard to promote the simmo sale Mark.

I'll give you $50 for it and promise I won't wise mrs mark up to the quadruple ring double plated whatsit you bought :D

She wouldn't thank you SYD the more he spends the more shoes and other fripperies she gets.

I think we can all see why you are trying so hard to promote the simmo sale Mark.

I'll give you $250 for it and promise I won't wise mrs mark up to the quadruple ring double plated whatsit you bought :D

Fixed that for you. PM incoming to confirm payment details :D

She wouldn't thank you SYD the more he spends the more shoes and other fripperies she gets.

Shhhh, don't tell but I'm ahead!

Yes, did you see how much the last one went for? This will probably be $800 - $1000 worth!

No I don't follow them that closely. It's just that lots of razors appear under my bakelite razor search because of their bakelite cases. I once helped an avid Darwin collector through giving her (yes, she didn't use just collected!) a link to a two piece bakelite Darwin she didn't have. I know they go for a lot but that much....... Has to be a record for a humble three piece. Beatiful razors though. Art Deco, more like pure Gothic really, at it's most elaborate.

Here is the last one - sold for the equivalent of $782!

It certainly is. Can't recall if you can use standard size DE blades.

Pretty sure that you can - there may be a couple of odd variants where you cannot though. The moustache ones obviously but also may be another

I've already had my shaving related purchase for the next 6 months a couple of weeks ago, so instead we have been spending wedding money:

We got one of these with all the trimmings - 2nd hand as I refuse to deal with BBQs Galore up here but very lightly used, and it came with a trivet, trolley, pizza stone, hotplate etc.
weber-q-220-barbeque-with-rolling-cart--566074c.jpg

We also just received one of these from Amazon. Currently it is still charging so can't comment on how good it is, but we paid about $6-700 less than Hardly Normal charges. And he thinks that making us pay GST on imports would make any difference to the way we spend our money?
pIRBT1-9687295v380.png

........We also just received one of these from Amazon. Currently it is still charging so can't comment on how good it is, but we paid about $6-700 less than Hardly Normal charges. And he thinks that making us pay GST on imports would make any difference to the way we spend our money?
pIRBT1-9687295v380.png

Sounds like a bargain! What the hell is it?

Sounds like a bargain! What the hell is it?
It's a Roomba robot vacuum cleaner.

I know even at US prices they are too expensive let alone at aus stores, and that they are not as good as a good "normal" vacuum cleaner, but its a toy we have both been eyeing for a long time.

It's a Roomba robot vacuum cleaner.

I know even at US prices they are too expensive let alone at aus stores, and that they are not as good as a good "normal" vacuum cleaner, but its a toy we have both been eyeing for a long time.

They have their fans - would love to know what you think!

Last edited:
They have their fans - would love to know what you think!

Ooh I've between waiting for this for a long while, since my flair/ flare mix up in fact. FTFY ;)

Sorry Mark.

Ooh I've between waiting for this for a long while, since my flair/ flare mix up in fact. FTFY ;)

Sorry Mark.

WHAT????? :D

Touche - you got me!

This wasn't the package I was expecting today, but it did put a smile on my dial when it came.

Ta-daaaaaaa!

dukecolonel.jpg

The Colonel is a birthday present for my old man, but the Duke 2 is for me. A comparison with the Blobby Foo:

blobbyduke.jpg

I'm hoping the Duke ends up pretty similar once it blooms.

Very nice Mong, love that you got your old man one too.

A few arrivals this month. Of the three, two were gambles that didn't pay off. The third I'm pretty happy with though (you can decide which is which)

IMG_20130312_181049_zps3f755b7a.jpg

IMG_20130312_181057_zpsb55250f8.jpg

IMG_20130312_181146_zpsc4f29fed.jpg

IMG_20130312_181153_zpse7aa59a0.jpg

IMG_20130312_181250_zps88765b5b.jpg

IMG_20130312_181259_zps519cb3d7.jpg

We also just received one of these from Amazon. Currently it is still charging so can't comment on how good it is, but we paid about $6-700 less than Hardly Normal charges. And he thinks that making us pay GST on imports would make any difference to the way we spend our money?
pIRBT1-9687295v380.png

Any thoughts so far Eggy? We have a Neato we are very happy with.

Those dirty windows phone users can stay out of this conversation though. Heathens that they are.

I turned my wife into a Dirty Heathen with a Nokia Limia 620, I am actually pretty impressed with WP8, it doesn't have the endless flexibility that android does, but often it is needed. It just works and works easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.