March 2013 Member Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this seems to be an anything goes acquisition thread I will add my latest toy.

My second Epson R800 Photstylus finally died and they are to be found no more. Just received my new shiny (not really as it is black) Epson Artisan 1430. Much research praised it for my needs (lotsa photos of grankids) and the fun is it prints A3 size. With a bit of luck I can produce enough photos to never have to paint the walls again. I also got a CISS system from RIHAC. Have had these on my R800s and they are excellent. Work like a charm print superbly ( at least to my aging eyes) and save a fortune in ink cartridges. Came with 100ml of each ink for $140.00. Cost of that many ink cartridges from Epson $1400.00 so more than happy. It is all set up and awaiting the weekend for my first lot of printing on it.

Well the 1905 gold-plated single ring has arrived:

Very pleased with that!

As an added bonus I've picked up this month a British Tuckaway. I've not seen a British made one before - must do some asking around about it!

Not sure who Kev was but I'm glad he took care of this razor for me!

That throwtuckaway box looks in superb condition.

That throwtuckaway box looks in superb condition.

The cardboard box is a little worn but the internals are fantastic!

The razor and case both look a lot nicer since you gave them a bit of a clean too. Good job.

The razor and case both look a lot nicer since you gave them a bit of a clean too. Good job.

Haven't touched them yet to be honest. The original eBay pics were not the best!

I love things with engravings.

Get's you to wondering who was Kev. Who was Pa. What was the occassion of the gift etc.

I love things with engravings.

Get's you to wondering who was Kev. Who was Pa. What was the occassion of the gift etc.

Yeah me too, although with this one we have struck dead ends.

There is a lot of discussion about it on another forum here. We note that the date of engraving is about 20 years after manufacture and have come up with the working theory that it was stuck in a shop during the Depression and war years to be found post war and sold to PA for him to give as a gift to his son Kev following Kev being de-mobbed from the army.

Not perfect but the best we can do!

These have been going for big dollars especially lately as a couple of buyers fought each other over them. I wonder if this is what flushed this one out.

Anyway, the price is not too OTT for the adjustable version which is very rare.

You go for it son - The first thing I thought of when I saw it was it had your name written all over - Incredibly expensive and very very shiny - sounds like a Mark1966 toy thought I.

You go for it son - The first thing I thought of when I saw it was it had your name written all over - Incredibly expensive and very very shiny - sounds like a Mark1966 toy thought I.

I've tried GT. He's just not a Darwin man. Not very evolved, Darwin collectors would quip. Darwin collecting has it's adavantages. A limited number of razors to collect and you can call yourself the fittest. There are also a couple of bakelite Darwins. The only bakelite razors I've heard of that people actually want to have.

Last edited:
Sorry guys - I have no funds left any more and not enough people are buying from my sales thread!

Isn't that typical for somebody from Canberra - it is all our fault :) (Wayne must have changed the combination on the Treasury vaults).

Yeah, revenue projections are not as anticipated.

I'm not sure whether it is a design flaw in my sale threads or due to international economic conditions outside my control (despite the resilience of my domestic collecting) but I'm short about $1.287 billion in receipts over this fiscal year to date.

Yeah, revenue projections are not as anticipated.

I'm not sure whether it is a design flaw in my sale threads or due to international economic conditions outside my control (despite the resilience of my domestic collecting) but I'm short about $1.287 billion in receipts over this fiscal year to date.

So really in the scheme of things 1200 for a Darwin is but a drop in the ocean (put a tax on those who have more than 1 years worth of blades) :)

So really in the scheme of things 1200 for a Darwin is but a drop in the ocean (put a tax on those who have more than 1 years worth of blades) :)

Actually I've been talking to Wayne and we have come up with a solution.

At first we talked about reducing benefits for the elderly, I mean really, that health care card and subsidised pills, that is all due to self inflicted injuries (arising from getting old) and thus shouldn't be paid for by the taxpayers but then Wayne's mother got wind of it (yes, he DOES have a mother) and that was teh end of that.

What we have come up with though is amazing! We call it the:

My
Razor Blade
Resources
Tax

or MRRT for short.

The MRRT will be levied upon all owners of more than one month's supply of vintage blades. A monthly tax will be payable during all periods where somebody holds more than one month's supply of blades at the rate of 200% of the value of the blades.

Unfortunately Wayne did concede to some concessions during negotiations with RM and it seems that owners of such supplies will be given a credit for the purchase price of the said blades when it exceeds 40 cents per blade. So it seems that everybody will be subject to the credit and not pay the MRRT :mad:

Oh, wait, except you of course with those Spoilers ..... :amazed:

Oh, wait, except you of course with those Spoilers ..... :amazed:

PIF'ED all mine Put the lot in the travelling box - get yer money from Bong Bong Mong ( and don't belive a word he says if he claims they weren't there) now how do I claim my tax deduction on the huge costs base?

Status
Not open for further replies.