March 2016 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also been eyeing the Dr Jon's. Would love your opinion on the Aftershave. Haven't seen much comment on them.
@stillshunter has used the Anne Bonny aftershave by Dr Jon's so he could comment as well.

I also would like go know how the classic aftershave might compare to my usual myrsol. The classic is an excellent scent

29a6754b492eda5ce7c6191ea32de23f.jpg

Some vintage goodness that Mum picked up from somewhere arrived today. There are 6 blades in the Gillette box, only one in the PAL box. The straight is covered in grease so I am confident it will clean up real nice. Scales are in top condition. [emoji1303]

Parker_510.jpg

NOS 13/16, hollow ground Swedish steel by Parker co. Tokyo Japan (No not the same Parker that today makes DE's and Shavettes).
Parker razors are beaut! Nice acquisition. It is one of @Mark 's favourite razor brands.

The goodies keep rolling in!

63090edba2364cae56c58249395c475a.jpg

I ordered the SH stuff on Friday... then the announcement of Absolution so there is another SH parcel to arrive this week.

The other thing Mum sent me was my Grandfathers leather, monogrammed, shaving kit. Usual stuff inside - comb, mirror, spot for a brush I think (I will be putting AS in there) and two metal tubes with lids. I am guessing they are for talc but I am hoping the Arko will slide in there. The bottom of the tube is solid, so it needs to be a loose fit so the stick can just fall out but I reckon it will work. Even if I have to shave the diameter of the Arko down to make it work. It's $2.50 stick so no crying over lost soap! Stypic and whatever else can fit into the other tube.

SH Arctic Mango balm :)
Arrived.
SH TALLOW GOODNESS, awaiting to be handed over.
Bello Bay Rum & Bello Bay Lime on their way :)
Maybe, just maybe some Diminica and also Grand bay run & Lime, oh and a B&M item or two might be on the list too.
Someone said something about a resurging dollar as to which, my wallet jumped onto the computer table!

Beautiful - more details PLEASE!
22mm knot
A Standard handle (412) in standard colour (black)
I got it second hand earlier this week.

It's absolutely spectacular to use. It simply generates lather like nothing else. I love the size too.

I've had all kinds of brushes - boar, synthetics, horse and badger. But this is the first that's really made me gush. It's a whole new level.

12794942_10153248155386537_8094232620152492657_o.jpg

Shipped 15th Feb and arrived today. Awesome turnaround and service from Juan @Gifts&Care.com ! Thanks for the Lea sample as well.
A terrific lineup of Myrsol there! Almost one for each day of the week. [emoji41]

This was a gift from my (well enabled by my wife I suspect) son -

So no breach of sabbatical involved!

Status
Not open for further replies.