March 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big thanks to Tony he has done a fantastic job mating the romera Manchurian knot to the vulfix handle. This brush is the finest one I have ever used. I have had M&F, Simpson Manchurian, Plisson HMW, Rooney heritage among other and the hair in this knot hands down surpasses all of them. Not a single dark hair and tips to die for.
24d80091585062f4d30c121d34ab17ae.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Big thanks to Tony he has done a fantastic job mating the romera Manchurian knot to the vulfix handle. This brush is the finest one I have ever used. I have had M&F, Simpson Manchurian, Plisson HMW, Rooney heritage among other and the hair in this knot hands down surpasses all of them. Not a single dark hair and tips to die for.
24d80091585062f4d30c121d34ab17ae.jpg
Looks beautiful congratulations @Young Buck. The Romera knots are fantastic and I am sure you will enjoy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
20170302_182038.jpg

First OSP and first Gem single edge blades for my unchristianed Gem Micromatic. Should I do my first SE shave before work tomorrow or keep it for the weekend? Or do it now?

If you have not used an SE before I'd suggest taking the safer route and leaving till the weekend.

A rushed shave with a new razor is NEVER a good idea IMHO

If you have not used an SE before I'd suggest taking the safer route and leaving till the weekend.

A rushed shave with a new razor is NEVER a good idea IMHO
Pfft, in the shower, without the mirror is the only way to do it :)

Pfft, in the shower, without the mirror is the only way to do it :)
This is how I shave every day, and also part of the reason why I don't own any SEs or straights.

@Robbo14 when Maggards gets Stirling Baker Street soap back in stock we have to talk if that is OK with you.....
No problem I've used up my sample Baker soap that was given to me :D. Prob in two weeks ill do another order.

First batch where I've selected by my own personal favourite scents rather then the "popular" soaps regardless of brand names. Enjoyed each one I've received from this batch. From the 12-15 Stirling samples I've got, I only like a hand full but really enjoy Orange Chill and Black Cherry. From the soap commander batch, I like 2 but no wow factor.

This is how I shave every day, and also part of the reason why I don't own any SEs or straights.
Exactly, by feel alone :)
It hones technique :)

@Mark1966
You should give the dindi shampoo soap a go, I think you'll like it.

Their bath soaps are also delightful. Bay spice and charcoal being my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.