March 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sr8Th40.jpg

Eufros Rosa Bourbon Tallow and Kasbah landed from Manuel.

Kasbah is a mixture of cadamon, cinnamon, nutmeg, incense and allspice. Very agreeable.

A bonus sandalo sample too

Sr8Th40.jpg

Eufros Rosa Bourbon Tallow and Kasbah landed from Manuel.

Kasbah is a mixture of cadamon, cinnamon, nutmeg, incense and allspice. Very agreeable.

A bonus sandalo sample too

Nice! The scent of the Rosa Bourbon is wonderful. Interesting to hear thoughts on the Tallow version.

Nice! The scent of the Rosa Bourbon is wonderful. Interesting to hear thoughts on the Tallow version.

It's excellent, Manuel sent me a testing sample a while back. Same great scent but with the expected performance of his premium tallow line.

Funnily enough, I also like his regular line as much as the Tallow line, probably a subjective thing but I get excellent lather from both.

Now that's a lovely, classic looking piece :cool:
Unfortunately at this price point there is not much room for funky handles :D :D :D

If the knot is not a shedder, I guess sooner or later it will be landing on the desk of the likes of @Tony Forsyth ;)

KDkHNNZ.jpg

Received these items from @Cris after negotiating a trade arrangement. Great guy to deal with!
Can you let me know your thoughts on the frost bite soap. I have been about to pull the trigger on a menthol soap the last few days and just simply can't make up my mind. Was going to go the fine snake bite, then crynogen, then caries bubbles As I can get local...

Can you let me know your thoughts on the frost bite soap. I have been about to pull the trigger on a menthol soap the last few days and just simply can't make up my mind. Was going to go the fine snake bite, then crynogen, then caries bubbles As I can get local...
Happy to @Adam.

I have the Caties Bubbles "Mile High Menthol". If that is the one from them that you have been looking at it is fantastic. Reminds me a little of Vicks Vaporub.

The OSP soaps are in the house, along with a fancy catalogue! Bay Rum and Barbershop - time to see what all the fuss is about!

WIll also have samples in the Paste & Cut Travelling Box No. 4, so don't forget to get onboard with that!

Thanks to @Psmith for the heads up on the 99p postage (y)

10 days from ordering to arrival from the UK and all for 99p - wow. Auspost are you listening ?

ALv7AKe.jpg

Chatillon Lux order is in, backups mostly and a couple of new ones to give a run :)

Don't.

Do.

Things.

By.

Half.

Impressive!

Party on Wayne.

qhPaHxV.jpg

Not what I ordered, not in the quantity I ordered, but close enough. Packaging is shit, but close enough. Meh... that's what you get for working with eccentric artisans. I'm happy and now, my brush collection is (almost) complete. Just waiting on a replacement (timber handle split - warranty) Shavemac and I'm full. I will be looking out for a Wilborg to replace the butterscotch at some point I reckon. It's earned a rest I reckon.
Groovy

Status
Not open for further replies.