March 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Once in a lifetime opportunity to obtain an Aussie wet shaving artisans last works.

Oh sure, to be sure to be sure. :LOL:

I wonder if @Catmanfan Shaves went ahead with the special commission ?

No second guessing the colour. :)
I recall Tony offering to take care of him which is very nice and I'll have to touch base with our mate @Catmanfan Shaves to see how everything goes. (y)

cchUprx.jpg

Some nice A/S (had to pay for that), plus 30 blades (free), a brush (free), and free postage!
Lots to like about Vshod's service, including Brisbane to Wollongong in 3 days.

Nice score with the Nordost. I have long since given up on Beard & Blade ever bothering to get it back in. I think they just list it to make it look like they actually sell something.
Don’t even expect it be made either. Will has said one of its main components is no longer being made. But yeah, B&B are sure dragging their heals when it comes to being active on Barristers releases. I’ve got Eigengrau and that too is epic, but not to be seen locally.

Don’t even expect it be made either. Will has said one of its main components is no longer being made. But yeah, B&B are sure dragging their heals when it comes to being active on Barristers releases. I’ve got Eigengrau and that too is epic, but not to be seen locally.
Interesting, I had sort of understood (perhaps mistakenly) that since Nordost appeared during the (US) winter, that Seville oranges might be involved. I guess all the Seville orange trees might be boycotting B&M, but that would be fairly remarkable. :unsure: I wonder what's not being made. I used to love that soap, and I haven't been able to get it for yonks.

B&B drag their heels over keeping any stock in. I sometimes wonder how they manage to stay in business.

I blame Covid for feeding BAD habits and Planet Express for opening up the US market (B&B, DFS, M&M, Etsy and eBay USA)
gQ42qoJ.jpg

Some beautiful knots among these butterscotch
bzYIFZX.jpg

Mmmm! Choc-Caramel-Sundae, Zenith Manchurian, Paladin Tut, Duke 3 Best
BEUvaJc.jpg

The Shavemacs
GI694e6.jpg

A couple of Butterscotch brushes reknotted with Rhodium knots inbound and that should do for a while

I blame Covid for feeding BAD habits and Planet Express for opening up the US market (B&B, DFS, M&M, Etsy and eBay USA)
gQ42qoJ.jpg

bzYIFZX.jpg

BEUvaJc.jpg

The Shavemacs
GI694e6.jpg

A couple of Butterscotch brushes reknotted with Rhodium knots inbound and that should do for a while

Any of them work?

gQ42qoJ.jpg

bzYIFZX.jpg

BEUvaJc.jpg

The Shavemacs
GI694e6.jpg

Very nice score! (y)(y)(y)

Any of them work?
There is a lot of potential, the butterscotch knots have a nice feel, not too dense and a bit of scritch with soft tips.
A lot of variety among the others, sure to be a few keepers :) If not I will stick to boar because the badger hole is too deep and varied

gQ42qoJ.jpg

bzYIFZX.jpg

BEUvaJc.jpg

The Shavemacs
GI694e6.jpg

That little Tut is looking a little forlorn and unassuming amongst those other bad boys. I've been admiring those for a while. Paladin do make some beauties :love:

TfJCMVG.jpg

My mail call from Top of the Chain arrived as well. There should be a tub of ZM The Magician in there too, but TotC put in the wrong soap (ZM Wanderer). Not sure if Carmine wants me to send it back, I've emailed him and he says he's going to post out The Magician next shipment out to the post office. I've set it aside in case there's a return slip to ship it back to Canada.