May 2016 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the Otra like??????? As good as Al Fin? Supposed to be it's "sister scent" so do they smell similar?
Don't know about the Alfin, but the Otra is very nice. The rose is very evident when you first smell as a top note. Put a small amount on the back of my hand and after about an hour the rose had settled down and a fougere scent had come through as a base note. It lasted for hours so it has staying power. Very happy.

Thanks great prices! Usually it's double that... Hmmm, wonder if they are fake like the other one's @Monsta_AU highlighted the other day...?

Bear with me... I'm new here... but do they actually make fake razor blades? Razors I can understand, but blades? Struth! My mate has a new Chinese wife... now I'm wondering if she is a fake! Mods please note that I drew the line at referring to her as a "knock-off!" L.A.B.

Bear with me... I'm new here... but do they actually make fake razor blades? Razors I can understand, but blades? Struth! My mate has a new Chinese wife... now I'm wondering if she is a fake! Mods please note that I drew the line at referring to her as a "knock-off!" L.A.B.
Nothing fake about a new wife but certainly blades can be dodgey. They are cheap imitations of the real brand.

fiyZhUt4DBrUXvI3vcXiCCrWoymtZJJUk7y1-FR4xwMQIKwEzmY7ZVY08Uq6G75YCAhYn9S6DfTuBUMl0XIfng8FpD2D1cSFmcdCwsCoVPkswaSN_7vp8Y5xhWuVnJS7-uSJNDUXbdFEs82p0pYuzmxa9ehnAQ2iGlDMJPNCZ_0xDKnct54GsVWI_geRz2BY1s-yssAhtq3S0uK1xvw3r1KYPGy1bfMgb8lI04WsoVc-jz5WuruPoX1sKE-parwx3aQ6oVa1iBG-cQGDKhyizvy_STm3w-vYf-3ErmHmkO7gTeteH58MHl2QYR4JPjaMSpf-W7dBCDfjcaj1B83r3ItoJOM3dV7fLJg4FxH-2C2VDaq-CVbZaJfi-uOxVCdSA7pcH2yO_wAfdyWdN8Snpb_HpcSt1Bk-_0_YiXNKRprqzgVUipoWB4v0qmPkgIbeF3SMNM5RsXegOiQW2q_yzyPnDTQ2FW7K_XchKJvx67JXPAdj92YIJBSgkv97j0b91yls1ZdQHZHQGfcLK_1ASg_wPMVUen-dOl8kkO3YWhRIVLVPTyYGRbOY-wJb7pSAnpZg32l8AeCQjBM_RigbWT7yJC1vhvk=w1032-h535-no

A beautiful NOS example of my favourite style of Japanese made Western razor. The cutting edge is only 45mm long, which is about the size of an average kamisori. It should be really agile and a pleasure to use. The steel is harder than average - I know, because I just gave the razor its maiden honing. It took longer than usual, but the result is a laser sharp edge that should be very smooth and should last for a long time.

I don't know much at all about Nobels razors, but it's obviously a very high quality tool and would have been pretty pricey in its day. Wish I needed a shave right now, but it'll have to wait until the morning (y)

fiyZhUt4DBrUXvI3vcXiCCrWoymtZJJUk7y1-FR4xwMQIKwEzmY7ZVY08Uq6G75YCAhYn9S6DfTuBUMl0XIfng8FpD2D1cSFmcdCwsCoVPkswaSN_7vp8Y5xhWuVnJS7-uSJNDUXbdFEs82p0pYuzmxa9ehnAQ2iGlDMJPNCZ_0xDKnct54GsVWI_geRz2BY1s-yssAhtq3S0uK1xvw3r1KYPGy1bfMgb8lI04WsoVc-jz5WuruPoX1sKE-parwx3aQ6oVa1iBG-cQGDKhyizvy_STm3w-vYf-3ErmHmkO7gTeteH58MHl2QYR4JPjaMSpf-W7dBCDfjcaj1B83r3ItoJOM3dV7fLJg4FxH-2C2VDaq-CVbZaJfi-uOxVCdSA7pcH2yO_wAfdyWdN8Snpb_HpcSt1Bk-_0_YiXNKRprqzgVUipoWB4v0qmPkgIbeF3SMNM5RsXegOiQW2q_yzyPnDTQ2FW7K_XchKJvx67JXPAdj92YIJBSgkv97j0b91yls1ZdQHZHQGfcLK_1ASg_wPMVUen-dOl8kkO3YWhRIVLVPTyYGRbOY-wJb7pSAnpZg32l8AeCQjBM_RigbWT7yJC1vhvk=w1032-h535-no

A beautiful NOS example of my favourite style of Japanese made Western razor. The cutting edge is only 45mm long, which is about the size of an average kamisori. It should be really agile and a pleasure to use. The steel is harder than average - I know, because I just gave the razor its maiden honing. It took longer than usual, but the result is a laser sharp edge that should be very smooth and should last for a long time.

I don't know much at all about Nobels razors, but it's obviously a very high quality tool and would have been pretty pricey in its day. Wish I needed a shave right now, but it'll have to wait until the morning (y)
It looks like she will be to very comfortable to use, very nice :)

Beautiful my friend - I am sure it will shave as good as it looks ;)

An unusual mail call today -

I actually ordered 5 of the smaller (5ml) ones and 10 of the larger (10ml) ones but they sent 5 and 20! They are empty plastic perfume transparent atomizer spray bottles

Will be useful for providing samples of aftershaves etc for future Travelling Boxes etc :)

4bf92b66da3b209e4cf131076bc63a36.jpg

Mail call.
The Anne bonny, smells of cloves. Can't say I am super in love with it. Will give it a test.
SMF smells great!
Alt innsbruck, hmm not too sure about the scent. It's okay, but maybe it might grow on me.
Vetyver santal, so green! I love it!

Couple of new sharp shiny things flying their way to me from Japan. Both have a bit more hone wear than I like but they are straight, Lone Wolf is 5/8 the Hoshi over 6/8. My first Kami so hitting the books on how to hone these!

Lone%20Wolf.JPG

Hoshi%20Tombo.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.