May 2016 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
7f36084fc43093d3e8afa100877fd929.jpg

Mail call!

PAA Deja Fougere - the tonka bean here smells weird... Milk like? Not really close to the houbigant fougere royale imo

Eufros Haitian Vertiver - ginseng like bitter. Just the way I like it. Bitter rooty, earthy woody.

B&M arctique - smells just like something procured out of Northrend, for the lich king's daily shave. Fantastic!

Of the two samples of jabonman, gea and wet earth, I love wet earth. Gea is a little to flowery.

@silver where on earth do you get all this from The Stray Whiskers :unsure:

7f36084fc43093d3e8afa100877fd929.jpg

Mail call!

PAA Deja Fougere - the tonka bean here smells weird... Milk like? Not really close to the houbigant fougere royale imo

Eufros Haitian Vertiver - ginseng like bitter. Just the way I like it. Bitter rooty, earthy woody.

B&M arctique - smells just like something procured out of Northrend, for the lich king's daily shave. Fantastic!

Of the two samples of jabonman, gea and wet earth, I love wet earth. Gea is a little to flowery.
You're in for a real treat with the performance of the Haitian Vetiver, easily the second best soap I've ever used. Only beaten IMO by MWF.

You're in for a real treat with the performance of the Haitian Vetiver, easily the second best soap I've ever used. Only beaten IMO by MWF.
Glad to hear that. They seem to be well regarded, I've not read one review that says "Jabonman? Mehhh"... It's all good reviews. But it's not as common as some bigger brands.

@SpeedyPC *Pokes SAD...tickle tickle..

Yea I had a hard time looking for it too. Until I stumble across a B&B forum page and I found his Facebook page.
Hey! There's a few threads here with Jabonman! [emoji6]

My Jabonman Gea soap and balm arrived today, and it smells even better in the tub than the sample did :) Thanks again to @filobiblic for the sample that prompted this buy

Also got a thayers medicated earlier this month (using @nsavage 's code and getting a $5 discount which covered postage - product delivered for $12). Thanks mate.
http://www.iherb.com/iherb-brands?rcode=CPS261 if anyone wants to use for a discount, feel free to use mine.

Finally allowed to get it out of the box - my wife had it for ~2 weeks...my pictures are not of the highest quality and definitely don't do the brush justice

New:
1_NC_EW_New_UprightS_zpsbsuta8xd.jpg

First bloom:
4_NC_EW_BloomS_zpschczhuey.jpg

5_NC_EW_FirstCurlsS_zpsfdsuhnnd.jpg

3_NC_EW_New_BottomS_zpsipjysggs.jpg

Current badger stable:
20160509_AllBadgersS_zpsknvvderb.jpg

The brush was very soft out of the box - I didn't detect any scritch during my first test lather - but of course a strong backbone and plenty of funk :D
Very happy about the handle and looking very much forward to get properly acquainted ;)
Those are epic!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.