May 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based upon @SpeedyPC's comments it sounds like you won't be needing either of your Wolfmans or your BBS-1 @alfredus. I will be happy to come around and collect them from you :LOL:

..and take them straight to the post office for me, that would be awesome man, express please!!

I will start driving now. I will be there in 14 hours to pick up anything left :):D

Please don't take this too personally, but I am on the way to your place to steal the rotor button from your car. I would also suggest checking your break lines thoroughly before attempting any interstate travel.

And I can also get rid of my V1 Stealth Slant, my UFO handle...I will be rich :D :D :D

Just so that we are all clear (@nsavage I am looking at you mate) on the division of the Wolfman razors and custom gear now that @alfredus has found such an unbelievable new razor.

I will be taking the UFO handle but it must be on a Wolfman head... so please ensure this occurs as I don't want to be stuck with just an unobtanium complete custom Wolfman head and handle. I will also take the brass Wolfman too I am thinking as from what Sp33dy claims you will not be needing that either @alfredus .

I am happy to pay for postage, I will PayPal you $120 for both razors today and the handle today. :D

Last edited:
$120? I'll give him my brass general. Then he will have 2 (y)

:LOL:

Time for a mail call!

hu1HvD6.jpg

Martin De Candre Fougère is in with a gift soap along with 2 spare pucks of Barrister and Mann Rhapsody from the Stray Whisker.

I don't usually order multiples like this, but from speaking to Will it is due to be retired after this year (he will announce soon) and it's a superb spring scent I really love.

@shavetheman at The Stray Whisker has stocks of both the Soap and the splash but I would advise people to move on it if it's a fragrance they like as once Barrister and Mann make an official announcement it will likely sell out in a shot. I'm not saying rush to stockpile either, just that if you enjoy it then you may wish to consider restocking if you are getting low.

..and take them straight to the post office for me, that would be awesome man, express please!!

Please don't take this too personally, but I am on the way to your place to steal the rotor button from your car. I would also suggest checking your break lines thoroughly before attempting any interstate travel.

Just so that we are all clear (@nsavage I am looking at you mate) on the division of the Wolfman razors and custom gear now that @alfredus has found such an unbelievable new razor.

I will be taking the UFO handle but it must be on a Wolfman head... so please ensure this occurs as I don't want to be stuck with just an unobtanium complete custom Wolfman head and handle. I will also take the brass Wolfman too I am thinking as from what Sp33dy claims you will not be needing that either @alfredus .

I am happy to pay for postage, I will PayPal you $120 for both razors today and the handle today. :D
I am happy with that arrangement @todras although I too am keen on brass Wolfman. That being said and also as I already have 2 Wolfman razors I will happily forfeit those and simply lay claim to the BBS-1 and the v1 Stealth Slant. As both of those are hard to get I am happy to pay a little extra as well, $120 cash and I will collect (no postage or packaging required) :D

:LOL:

Time for a mail call!

hu1HvD6.jpg

Martin De Candre Fougère is in with a gift soap along with 2 spare pucks of Barrister and Mann Rhapsody from the Stray Whisker.

I don't usually order multiples like this, but from speaking to Will it is due to be retired after this year (he will announce soon) and it's a superb spring scent I really love.

@shavetheman at The Stray Whisker has stocks of both the Soap and the splash but I would advise people to move on it if it's a fragrance they like as once Barrister and Mann make an official announcement it will likely sell out in a shot. I'm not saying rush to stockpile either, just that if you enjoy it then you may wish to consider restocking if you are getting low.
What would you liken the scent too? It is one of the few B&M scents I have wanted to try but never taken the plunge.

What would you liken the scent too? It is one of the few B&M scents I have wanted to try but never taken the plunge.

This Specifically as the basis for the design, but taken in a different direction by using Pear blossom as a feature. I really enjoy it as it is bright, but not excessively flowery and it uses some really nice technical perfumery. Like many of the fragrances Will creates, you are either going to really enjoy it or find it too challenging or not to your taste.

Last edited:
Last edited:
1Q2awzL.jpg

Received this beautifully packaged article today by first post....

8tw4qLk.jpg

Inside two equally well presented tubs from fellow Aussie Artisan @SchoolForAnts as part of a trade we did, looking forward to getting into them :)

Nice package and nice packaging!

I received a nice package too -

No, not another order from Con, just what the cool kids use to send things around ...

Hmmm, OK -

Did I really buy all that from @Nightguard ? Must have - PCTB5 is looking good already :)

In a 'special' surprise, thanks to @SpeedyPC for this great gift -

Another PCTB5 joy I think

15dumpa.jpg

Second soap lot for the day, I picked this up for the L&L + Chatillon Lux with the rest most likely to hit the BST sometime :)

• B&M- Fireside
  • Shaver Heaven- Forbidden Forest (fougere)
  • Knockout Shave- Smokey
  • Strop Shoppe- Black Tie w/ tallow
  • L&L Grooming- Unconditional Surrender
  • Cold River Soap Works- Prato Verte

15dumpa.jpg

Second soap lot for the day, I picked this up for the L&L + Chatillon Lux with the rest most likely to hit the BST sometime :)

• B&M- Fireside
  • Shaver Heaven- Forbidden Forest (fougere)
  • Knockout Shave- Smokey
  • Strop Shoppe- Black Tie w/ tallow
  • L&L Grooming- Unconditional Surrender
  • Cold River Soap Works- Prato Verte
*Raises hand for Fireside* :)

Well the Goat's Milk Soap is probably something you should pass on according to @SpeedyPC BUT http://thestraywhisker.com.au/ is a veritable Aladdin's Cave of wet shaving wonders!

Well Mark, speaking as someone who once had thirty odd milch goats and who made heaps of bloody goat cheese, and whose PTSD gets worse at the very thought of bloody goat product..... I'm with Speedy! The Stray Whisker I'll check out after I recover from the trauma of reading the words "Goat Milk Soap!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.