May 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after waiting more than a month, which I am blaming Australia Post for, obviously, these arrived....
dBdUX8.jpg

So, after waiting more than a month, which I am blaming Australia Post for, obviously, these arrived....
dBdUX8.jpg
For many the holy grail in badger and synthetic - just use them!

If the manchurian is new - it needs ~10-20 shaves to break in - so don't worry if it is too stiff at first. It will eat your soaps - which is great, because you have an excuse to buy even more of them :D :D :D

Just enjoy it mate - obviously you had the money to spend, so the hard part is done and now the fun begins!

For many the holy grail in badger and synthetic - just use them!

If the manchurian is new - it needs ~10-20 shaves to break in - so don't worry if it is too stiff at first. It will eat your soaps - which is great, because you have an excuse to buy even more of them :D :D :D

Just enjoy it mate - obviously you had the money to spend, so the hard part is done and now the fun begins!
I have a chubby 2 manchurian which is probably at about its 20th use right now and it does feel noticeably different to the brand new Manchurian when dry. I must say I do like the chubby 3 handle more than the chubby 2, but it really is a huge freaking brush. There's one more brush on my radar then I will be done, I think... maybe... we will see :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm in today too ;)
c4b0d5929e.png

@RustyBlade welcome to the General SE Club brother ;)(y) so which blade are you going to used Feather Artist Club Professional or Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) on your first shave, also keep in mind don't used the handle too heavy otherwise the General will bite you too soon if your not careful.

ahgtZos.jpg

First delivery of the month here. This is my second Boellis Panama 1924. I don't need a second coffret but the price paid for this pair was nearly the same as a refill soap alone, so why not.

The coffret has now gone to a new home, a member from here... congrats to the new owner, wonderful soap presented extremely well.

So, back to shopping again...

@RustyBlade welcome to the General SE Club brother ;)(y) so which blade are you going to used Feather Artist Club Professional or Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) on your first shave, also keep in mind don't used the handle too heavy otherwise the General will bite you too soon if your not careful.
Thanks @SpeedyPC (y)
Strangely enough 'supply' blades. No idea but apparently smooth as, we'll see once I get my TSW shipment.
Will be using a handle off one of my other razors and then look at a titanium stork handle as only <50 grams.
Would love the BSS-1 handle as that is dreamy but probably too heavy. Until then...

WOW, look at all those samples!

The Sardinian Honey arrived today with lots of samples, PCTB5 already looking good!

Status
Not open for further replies.