May 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to me razors. Asylum, Rockwell 6S and a Rockwell Model T.
All been through the ultrasonic. Can't wait to try them all!
Asylum is first up.
gSicrxz.jpg
:wideyed: green with envy. That Asylum handle is crazy!

:wideyed: green with envy. That Asylum handle is crazy!

Cool handle alright. It's the only one that didn't come with a stand, and it doesn't fit in the stand I made already.
No harm, I'll just make one especially for it.
Maybe billet aluminium for this one, oh and a special resin one to suit too, maybe even a polished solid steel also. Hmmm, brass, bronze, copper..........................
Yeah, that's what I'll do.
All of them.:)

Cool handle alright. It's the only one that didn't come with a stand, and it doesn't fit in the stand I made already.
No harm, I'll just make one especially for it.
Maybe billet aluminium for this one, oh and a special resin one to suit too, maybe even a polished solid steel also. Hmmm, brass, bronze, copper..........................
Yeah, that's what I'll do.
All of them.:)
do you actually sell any of them?

Sure, what would you like?
Cool, I haven't thought about it actually, was just wondering if you actually made them for yourself or for sale. When I do want something I'll pm you.

update* just saw your custom brush handles. they look awesome.

Last edited:

Thanks mate, I've been busy making more new brushes, just haven't photographed them yet. I now have a proper light tent and rotating display base, so more work to do on the photographic front. Kind of ironic for someone who doesn't work at the moment, so I just please myself making brushes, and tooling to make more brushes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can vouch they are a thing of beauty
This awesome brush arrived from @TroyTools today. I could tell from the packaging that I was in for a special treat. Auspost could have dropped a pallet on this and it would have survived (maybe not being run over by a forklift though) because it was double bubble wrapped and reinforced with a couple of wooden blanks on each side. Nicely boxed, topped off with a bow and wrapped in a microfiber cloth.

QALalMB.jpg

The handle has exceeded expectations. I thought I was getting a nice solid green and brown handle. This beauty looks more like the Rosette Nebula (pictures do not do it justice)

KPFxDQY.jpg

I went with the knot Troy had fitted for the photo and very glad I did.
The knot socket depth is 14.5mm and diameter is 26.3mm (drilled for a 24mm knot) with a slight flare out at the top couple of mm to help avoid being a lather hog.
Handle height is 65mm, and major diameter is 40mm at the base
The brown colour is "Mink" and I think I will nickname it:

"Mink Nebula"
nfkCuAo.jpg

This awesome brush arrived from @TroyTools today. I could tell from the packaging that I was in for a special treat. Auspost could have dropped a pallet on this and it would have survived (maybe not being run over by a forklift though) because it was double bubble wrapped and reinforced with a couple of wooden blanks on each side. Nicely boxed, topped off with a bow and wrapped in a microfiber cloth.

QALalMB.jpg

The handle has exceeded expectations. I thought I was getting a nice solid green and brown handle. This beauty looks more like the Rosette Nebula (pictures do not do it justice)

KPFxDQY.jpg

The knot socket depth is 14.5mm and diameter is 26.3mm (drilled for a 24mm knot) with a slight flare out at the top couple of mm to help avoid being a lather hog.

"Mink Nebula"
nfkCuAo.jpg
Yeah! I really like that.

QALalMB.jpg

KPFxDQY.jpg

"Mink Nebula"
nfkCuAo.jpg
Oooh :love:

I love those colours. Very nice... :)

QALalMB.jpg

KPFxDQY.jpg

"Mink Nebula"
nfkCuAo.jpg
Jeff you need to bring this to the next meetup

"Mink Nebula"

Thank you for the kind words @Holiday , I'm so pleased to hear your your feedback, and I look forward to making many more brushes to come. Really glad you like it.(y):)

Status
Not open for further replies.