May 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

I got a box of arko… I’m pretty chuffed
giphy.gif

Arrived Friday from Canada. Ordered 10 April to Planet Express California Warehouse and on to Darwin with Asendia in just over 4 weeks - that's not bad

Morris & Forndran Style 3 with ebony handle.
Lee Sabini 3-Band Silvertip Knot is roughly 22mm x 48mm

Omega 620 Super Badger imitation horn resin handle 21mm x 58mm
Interested to see how this performs with a soft long knot

975lkum.jpg

Arrived Friday from Canada. Ordered 10 April to Planet Express California Warehouse and on to Darwin with Asendia in just over 4 weeks - that's not bad

Morris & Forndran Style 3 with ebony handle.
Lee Sabini 3-Band Silvertip Knot is roughly 22mm x 48mm

Omega 620 Super Badger imitation horn resin handle 21mm x 58mm
Interested to see how this performs with a soft long knot

975lkum.jpg

Nice!

My M&F, thank you again, has at least arrived in Cali for the next (slow) leg.

Last edited:
A good mate arrived this weekend from Canada, and dropped off a few items for me...............

LKRD40S.jpg

LOn1j4E.jpg

qfDpJJG.jpg

xJHWwNx.jpg

QAuBkas.jpg

6Ksl44T.jpg

ZLgQlDh.jpg

Gs4mKqu.jpg

jZKN5GR.jpg

The Saponificio bignoli is an underrated soap. That citrus scent is really nice...mix of citrus fruits, nice and zingy!

Their blackberry/musk is my favorite though. Always puts me in a great mood! Such a brilliant scent!

Sweet from the tub but the musk comes out when lathered to round out the sweetness.
Like ripe blackberries still on the tree.

I picked this packet of 100 blades up for $40. Good deal? Has anyone had a play with these English made NOS blades before?

3-DAA4-DB0-827-F-4-E0-C-B7-EC-23-A708-DF2-E60.jpg
I was gifted a few tucks of London Bridge blades by @rhodes96 and they remind me of a Minora Stainless so smooth, sharp and great longevity.

I was gifted a few tucks of London Bridge blades by @rhodes96 and they remind me of a Minora Stainless so smooth, sharp and great longevity.
There has been a lot of speculation about the NOS London Bridge blade, feels very similar or closer towards the Minora Stainless. Other people strongly believe they’ve rebrand the old Gillette Stainless (red & white) to Minora Stainless brand made directly from St. Petersburg factory in Russia.

There has been a lot of speculation about the NOS London Bridge blade, feels very similar or closer towards the Minora Stainless. Other people strongly believe they’ve rebrand the old Gillette Stainless (red & white) to Minora Stainless brand made directly from St. Petersburg factory in Russia.
I have no idea but the face feel when using them in my Rocca they perform as well as the Minora/Red & White blade. (y)

The Saponificio bignoli is an underrated soap. That citrus scent is really nice...mix of citrus fruits, nice and zingy!

Their blackberry/musk is my favorite though. Always puts me in a great mood! Such a brilliant scent!

Sweet from the tub but the musk comes out when lathered to round out the sweetness.
Like ripe blackberries still on the tree.
Sounds great, @nav1 👍. There were a couple more scents on my list (that was one of them), but were out of stock.
Great description of the citrus scent - it actually reminds me a bit of Proraso White, but classier and more citrus forward.

Nice score! What's the verdict on Behold the Whatsis?

I got it the first time around when it was released 3 years ago. It’s a fun sugary scent. It was actually the first ever artisan soap that I purchased. There’s something about the “Childhood Memories” note that I really like, it’s hard to describe - from their website: a combination of tangerines, sugar cookies and dryer-warm blankets. I mean, imagine coming from Proraso Green and smelling something so different and unique? This soap really sent me down the rabbit hole - more specifically the Barrister and Mann rabbit hole.

It’s not a scent you would want in EDT or something like that. And if you prefer the ultra-masculine kind of stuff like tobacco scents and so on, you may not like it.

I got it the first time around when it was released 3 years ago. It’s a fun sugary scent. It was actually the first ever artisan soap that I purchased. There’s something about the “Childhood Memories” note that I really like, it’s hard to describe - from their website: a combination of tangerines, sugar cookies and dryer-warm blankets. I mean, imagine coming from Proraso Green and smelling something so different and unique? This soap really sent me down the rabbit hole - more specifically the Barrister and Mann rabbit hole.

It’s not a scent you would want in EDT or something like that. And if you prefer the ultra-masculine kind of stuff like tobacco scents and so on, you may not like it.
Very astute analysis, @MadFlava81.

52079856431_2065560065_c.jpg

Gee, I wish the folks at Maggard Razors could leave me alone...

I used a recent 10% discount offer to stock up on some knots - these are going straight to storage.
Great score and as an owner of a 28mm Maggard SHD fan I can say its up there with my favourite knots as super soft and just as dense as my Rhodium at a fraction of the $$$. (y)

Last edited: