My First Custom SR - S.K. Collings & Co (aka Proserpine Razor Co)

I hope he gets his website back up soon as I was going to order one as well. Not everyone has facebook.

His web site has not been operational for quite a while. He is also not active on FB (like me). It is best to email him.

His website has only been down for a short time as I've been on it a few times in the past couple of weeks.

Thanks for the heads-up. I have tried his web site a few times each month over the past five months. Each time it is down. Maybe an intermittent problem.

Can you provide a link to his active web site. When I try now, it is still not available.

I've been looking at this one which is probably the same one you have been on as well. Like you, I check it regularly so I was surprised to hear it couldn't be reached as I was on there only a week ago.

https://www.proserpinerazorco.com.au/

Hopefully it will be back up soon because I've already picked out my birthday present from the wife 😁

Any updates on experiences with Collings razors? They look amazing, but how do they hone and shave? Any opinions on the quality of steel or grind? Comparisons to commercial razors, like a Boker or TI?

Unfortunately it seems like Steve is too busy with life for razors right now, but that gives me more time to gather opinions.

Any updates on experiences with Collings razors? They look amazing, but how do they hone and shave? Any opinions on the quality of steel or grind? Comparisons to commercial razors, like a Boker or TI?

Unfortunately it seems like Steve is too busy with life for razors right now, but that gives me more time to gather opinions.
My mistake was paying Steve when I ordered my custom SR in early December 2021. Still waiting to receive it and no communication possible with Steve for more than the last month. I was hoping that it was only AustPost holding things up but now I am starting to doubt it.

Does anyone have contact with Steve Colling?

My mistake was paying Steve when I ordered my custom SR in early December 2021. Still waiting to receive it and no communication possible with Steve for more than the last month. I was hoping that it was only AustPost holding things up but now I am starting to doubt it.

Does anyone have contact with Steve Colling?
Steve sounds like a genuine guy. I heard from him not too long ago and he said he’d just started a new job so was really busy. He may also have been affected by the floods in QLD / NSW. I hope he’s okay!

I just sent Steve another email. I’ll update on here when he gets back to me.

Anyway, any updates on his razors in actual use?

I’ve also got in contact with “panlal_0” on eBay who was recommended as a local SR honer and seller. He’s joined the forum and will contribute when he’s verified.

I just sent Steve another email. I’ll update on here when he gets back to me.

Anyway, any updates on his razors in actual use?
I have two, a 5/8 and a 7/8. Both are top notch and professional grade. I'm a huge TI fan and find his comparable to my TIs, except for the price. Exceptional value.

After not hearing from Steve (nor receiving the SR) for over a month since he said he would post my SR to me, I contacted his wife through her work email address. She replied that my emails to Steve had gone into his junk folder and that he forgot to post my razor to me. Steve told her that he would post it tomorrow express post.

I hope that it all works this time.

Last edited:
I hope you get your razor soon. I never got a response to my last email either, and I’m glad I didn’t end up putting in a order. Disappointing.

AT LAST!

Received today from Steve Colling in Proserpine, Australia.

full

full

full

Custom made to my specifications. Blank used was the same as is used by Ralf Aust. Spanish point with pointy toe, 22mm wide blade, just under ⅞. Cost AUD 200 including shipping.

Steve claims it is shave ready. It tree-tops well so I will take it for a shave "as is" tomorrow morning.