New member from Sydney

This forum is going to cost you your whole house, welcome to P&C.
Thank you for warning me😂

Unfortunately I observed that every time I start reading about what other ppl have or just bought gives me funny ideas how to spend more money for the stuff I really do not need😂

Unfortunately I observed that every time I start reading about what other ppl have or just bought gives me funny ideas how to spend more money for the stuff I really do not need😂
If, you’re married. Don’t worry, that’s what wives are for to keep you out of trouble.

xNScpwY.gif

@karol.elec beware of the Doghouse

I have been there before🫣
Years and years ago when we moved to the empty apartment I bought my wife a set of beautiful non-stick pans I new she really liked.
It turned out it wasn’t a great idea.
But when I got an impact driver to fix everything around there where no problem😂( I was very happy with a gift by the way)😂

Welcome Karol. Great to see another straight shaver sign up. Tell us about your setup, preferences etc. :)
Not much to talk about. A few brushes, a few soaps, TI 6/8 straight.
Bought a Bismarc last week.

My biggest concern is that everything I do I have learned from youtube. I have even no idea if my razor is shave ready as I have never tried one properly honed😬 to compare. It is definitely less sharp than feathers blade but I do not know if its acceptable or not. Also I do not know if the shave burns are because of lack of technique, wrong lather, dull razor.
But I have lots of year to find out😂👍🏻

The burn is most likely the edge. There are bound to be people in Oz (I'm in NZ or I would do it for you) who will sharpen your razor so that you have a reference edge to work from as you learn to hone.

The bare minimum you should expect from a straight shave early on is comfort. You may not get all the whiskers, and you might cut yourself, but it should feel great! :p

Welcome @karol.elec. There is nothing wrong with trying to lean SR shaving from YouTube provided you also study the instructions here:

To learn honing on a budget, you can start here:

Shave-ready straight razors are being given away here:
You should be eligible if you post on P&C at least once a day for another four days.

The burn is most likely the edge. There are bound to be people in Oz (I'm in NZ or I would do it for you) who will sharpen your razor so that you have a reference edge to work from as you learn to hone.

The bare minimum you should expect from a straight shave early on is comfort. You may not get all the whiskers, and you might cut yourself, but it should feel great! :p
If someone will be so kind it would be great.
I bought both razors new, shave ready from the shops but TI was having problem to shave hairs from my forearms. I bought naniva super 8000 and 12000 and sharpened that but Bismarck from the shop looks sharper for me.
As I said non of them is even close to feathers blade.

Welcome @karol.elec. There is nothing wrong with trying to lean SR shaving from YouTube provided you also study the instructions here:

To learn honing on a budget, you can start here:

Shave-ready straight razors are being given away here:
You should be eligible if you post on P&C at least once a day for another four days.
Thank you very much for the links. I will read them this afternoon 👍🏻

Last edited:
Welcome to P&C @karol.elec - great to have you here (y)