November 2012 Members Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JugV2

Simply boring.
My Voskhods finally turned up!

So it took a full three months from Russia...not with much love though.

What do you have inbound?

My second arrival today: Camelot soap and two packs of Polsilvers. Thanks Nick!

The Camelot soap smells pretty decent.

Busy, busy, busy people!

My arrivals?

New case for my HTPC - Antec Fusion - black no longer available :(

Which needs a PSU - Seasonic S12II

All because I was getting a new Blu-ray player - LG CH12LS28

I spent ages last weekend trying to get the old Blu-ray player working only to come to the conclusion after no software fix worked and it stopped playing ANYTHING that it was a hardware fault - at least I hope it is!

Busy, busy, busy people!

My arrivals?

New case for my HTPC - Antec Fusion - black no longer available :(

Which needs a PSU - Seasonic S12II

All because I was getting a new Blu-ray player - LG CH12LS28

I spent ages last weekend trying to get the old Blu-ray player working only to come to the conclusion after no software fix worked and it stopped playing ANYTHING that it was a hardware fault - at least I hope it is!

Ah another HTPC devotee, good stuff - though I think there's a few lurking in here. The Fusion is a decent HTPC case, I've built a few for folks in it and it does everything required to a pretty good standard - Antec cases are very dependable, kinda like the Toyotas of the case world (I've currently got a P180, P180 Mini and Solo - which is my HTPC case as I have a cabinet it can be hidden away in). Bummer you couldn't get in black.

Good choice of PSU, I've the same one in my HTPC as well, the 430w version.

Due for an upgrade when I can justify it - mine is still socket 775 C2D bits, still does everything fine so hard to essentially bin it for marginal benefit. You should get a HTPC thread going in one of the other lil sub-sections. Anyway nice buys.

Shouldn't you be spending money on razors?

To be brutally honest - I'm running out of things to buy!

Vintage Gillettes - largely tick

Seven day set of vintage butterscotch brushes - tick

Seven day set of other vintage brushes to restore - tick

Straights? - I've got a few but they are not my thing

The remaining vintage Gillettes are hotly contested and are likely to cost a lot per item - so I need to be judicious.

My second arrival today: Camelot soap and two packs of Polsilvers. Thanks Nick!

The Camelot soap smells pretty decent.

Where are you guys getting the Camelot from?

I need to add it to my stick collection lol

It seems to get decent feedback!

Thanks Jug,

I knew they could be found on eBay, just thought since they are probably priced simarly to Arko in Turkey thought someone knew of a good place to score it!

Nick - where do you get your stash?

My very small stash came from an in-law in Turkey, my wife is Turkish. :)

Honestly save your time looking as there is NOWHERE I could find to get it from - and I used my OCD powers to check almost everywhere. Ebay ends up being something like ~$10 per stick, so kinda silly prices.

Perhaps we can do a swapsie with you but my stocks have been dwindling rapidly as I wanted to give a hard to get thanks to a couple of very generous members. I've not really usedit yet myself but I know Jug had a good first run. :)

My very small stash came from an in-law in Turkey, my wife is Turkish. :)

Honestly save your time looking as there is NOWHERE I could find to get it from - and I used my OCD powers to check almost everywhere. Ebay ends up being something like ~$10 per stick, so kinda silly prices.

Perhaps we can do a swapsie with you but my stocks have been dwindling rapidly as I wanted to give a hard to get thanks to a couple of very generous members. I've not really usedit yet myself but I know Jug had a good first run. :)

Thanks Nick,

If your keen would be happy to do a swap of something, or just cash if it suits you better?

Anyway, if not I will probably buy a stick, stick to me are like Pokemon..... I must catch them all lol

Thanks Nick,

If your keen would be happy to do a swap of something, or just cash if it suits you better?

Anyway, if not I will probably buy a stick, stick to me are like Pokemon..... I must catch them all lol

Oh cash is dirty - takes all the nobility out of things - haha I like to think of this as a gentlemen's club and surely such things would be frowned upon...tut tut tut. I'll drop you a PM I'm sure we can swing a simple swap.

Cheers, Nick :)

Oh cash is dirty - takes all the nobility out of things - haha I like to think of this as a gentlemen's club and surely such things would be frowned upon...tut tut tut. I'll drop you a PM I'm sure we can swing a simple swap.

Cheers, Nick :)

Ooooooh..... You said the 'G' word lol

Pm replied :)

Yes he did. Unfortunately I can't wield the ban stick in this forum. However if he strays outside with hideous words like that.......

I've got a Titan H1 on the way from Above The Tie.

Wow, now thats impressive. I hadn't heard of these before but the few reviews I saw now are very positive. Sounds like quite an aggressive razor (which is a good thing as I can't imagine anything worse than spending that kind of money and getting something like the Pils/Feather SS razors that shave like $10 Gillette Techs!).

Look forward to some photos and your feedback.

PS. Quite a fascinating little blurb here from their sales pitch:
This razor is easy to master, the shave angle is very intuitive. In addition the razor "sings" like no other. This audible feedback is helpful in maintaining a proper shave angle.

Love to hear how it does in this regard. :)

the few reviews I saw now are very positive

A few months back, over at B&B, they called for guinea pigs to try the prototype of this razor and post their comments. Most reviews covered a 5-7 day chronological period of shaves and I didn't see a bad review. It's expensive but I'm thinking of it as an heirloom razor.
I owe a review of my Sam & Son brush so I'll make an effort for both asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.