Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Well despite there being frost on my car this morning - we are in NOVEMBER!

Post your purchases here. I'll kick us off -

One of two boxes to be picked up from the post office this morning -

Not all mine - but a nice haul :)

Thanks for the quick postage @Anthony :)

Last edited:
1QEJ6t9.jpg

A nice surprise from a colleague who flew in last night, the first part of my Chatillon Lux order...now I only have a week to wait for the TSM Fougère Soap (via Maggards) to complete the set!

**Edit: Wow a bright Fougère with sublime Geranium notes!

Last edited:
1QEJ6t9.jpg

A nice surprise from a colleague who flew in last night, the first part of my Chatillon Lux order...now I only have a week to wait for the TSM Fougère Soap (via Maggards) to complete the set!

**Edit: Wow a bright Fougère with sublime Geranium notes!

Wow! A VERY nice pick up there. Some beautiful scents...

Wow! A VERY nice pick up there. Some beautiful scents...

The aftershaves are so close to the balms from my smelling them this morning, really really happy in this regards as his scents are so well made.

I am still deeply disappointed that Shawn discontinued ''La Floret'' as it was one of my favs, that being said I restocked before he cut it and decided to obtain all of the aftershave splashes he carries. The TSM Fougere is incredible, he has done a brilliant job with it - it's everything I look for in a bright floral fougere. He had sold out of the Soap but fortunately Maggards still had some (they have 9 pucks left as of this morning).

Really stoked - can't wait for the rest of my order to fly in.

447328eea059555b6330b7e9a266058f.jpg

Another tub of Oatmeal Stout since it is now unobtainium - one of my faves. Also a tub of Citrus Garden since I've decided I like citrus scents. Very glad I did, this scent is another winner!

Thank you (y)

My picture doesn't do the brush any justice - to colours are so much more vivid....

We can certainly see it is a Beautiful brush! Well done.

That's your second of a similar looking brush right? Is it a different shape and knot size?

That's my second Chief from Ken in 26mm - the first one has a Lee Sabini knot, this one has a Paladin select S-Type knot - and although I haven't lathered it up yet, I can tell you they are very different...

That's my second Chief from Ken in 26mm - the first one has a Lee Sabini knot, this one has a Paladin select S-Type knot - and although I haven't lathered it up yet, I can tell you they are very different...
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I think my Paladin S knot is superb. Probably the best knot I have.

Will & Con @Barrister & Mann and @shavetheman
My oh my!
You two are a match made in heaven.
You both are that intricately in tune with each other, it's astounding!
The presentation of 2016 Hallows really is impressive!
As for the scent... brb, seeing if I can afford to order another!
It to my uneducated nose, shares a LOT in common with fougere's of yesteryear from Will.
By memory, it is different in the top notes from the prior Hallows.
Now Will, when can we plan a meet up for you?

One of my best efforts shave wise, was bugging the pair of you, until you both managed to find a way to conduct business with each other :D

I received my Phoenix & Beau soaps from The English Shaving Company.

The Spitfire and Citra Royal smell great, I am still unsure about the Solaris but look forward to seeing if the scent changes when lathered.

Unfortunately it appears that all of the soaps are still from the batch of soaps that were under sized (The Citra Royale and Solaris each weigh about 135 grams with the lid off and the Spitfire is only marginally better at around 160 grams with the lid off (lid weighs 20 grams so I'm guessing that the tub itself must weigh at least 40-50 grams)). Seems that The English Shaving Company was either unaware or chose not to disclose this. @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau are you able to shed any light on this for me?

Last edited:
I received my Phoenix & Beau soaps from The English Shaving Company.

The Spitfire and Citra Royal smell great, I am still unsure about the Solaris but look forward to seeing if the scent changes when lathered.

Unfortunately it appears that all of the soaps are still from the batch of soaps that were under sized (The Citra Royale and Solaris each weigh about 135 grams with the lid off and the Spitfire is only marginally better at around 160 grams with the lid off (lid weighs 20 grams so I'm guessing that the tub itself must weigh at least 40-50 grams)). Seems that The English Shaving Company was either unaware or chose not to disclose this. @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau are you able to shed any light on this for me?
Just for transparency I would like to note that I have contacted Kerry at Phoenix and Beau about the issue with the soaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.