November 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO they're a cheaper alternative to Feathers as much smoother and just as sharp. (y)

Absolutely!
They are sharp as feather but my skin loves the BIC. Plus they last ages compared to feather. I get an entire week from a BIC, 2-3 with a feather.

PERFECT in one razor... horrible in the next. Find they need a rigid top cap design.

100% agreed!
Most of my razors rejected the BIC!
Didn't work in ATT, karve, outlaw, Tatara.

Surprisingly, razors that sandwich the blade for a rigid hold all failed!

The Progress and Flexi love the BIC because they bend the blade quite a lot. In fact, it was the initial use in the Progress that lead to the first bulk order.

I liked them more and more and placed more orders because in the progress, I think the BIC might even have the polsilver beat (blasphemy I know!!).

I suspect BIC would also work well in blackbird, rocca, henson and RR-BBS...all of which I'll be getting next year.

Absolutely!
They are sharp as feather but my skin loves the BIC. Plus they last ages compared to feather. I get an entire week from a BIC, 2-3 with a feather.

100% agreed!

The Progress and Flexi love the BIC because they bend the blade quite a lot. In fact, it was the initial use in the Progress that lead to the first bulk order.

I liked them more and more and placed more orders because in the progress, I think the BIC might even have the polsilver beat (blasphemy I know!!).

I suspect BIC would also work well in blackbird, rocca, henson and RR-BBS...all of which I'll be getting next year.

thanks for the info, I’ve used a bic couple times and hated it.. will try one in my Rocca and timeless soon

Absolutely!

100% agreed!

Excellent points and from memory they worked good in more assertive razors such as the R41 and not so much in milder razors.
Also longevity compared to the Feathers which from experience take a few shaves to smooth out and by shave 5 they're ready for the bin.
For the $$$ BIC CP are a good alternative and despite mixed results they put many other bigger named blades to shame ;)

Haul from the 3 in 1 Fair at Claremont Showgrounds yesterday… I think it cost me $210 all up. Still a few items left if you’re going today, Perth people…

2-C532351-9-BFA-4630-8-A7-D-420-D394-A90-A8.jpg

Last edited:
Haul from the 3 in 1 Fair at Claremont Showgrounds yesterday… I think it cost me $210 all up. Still a few items left if you’re going today, Perth people…

2-C532351-9-BFA-4630-8-A7-D-420-D394-A90-A8.jpg

WOW, that is some impressive haul.

Of course I'm glad now to have identified the 'some bloke' who used to get to places before me and buy all their safety razors ...

Next time I'm in Perth - https://www.treasuredcraftcreations.com.au/

thanks for the info, I’ve used a bic couple times and hated it.. will try one in my Rocca and timeless soon

Great! Please do provide some feedback from both these razors.

Also, play around with the entire angle spectrum. I hold the progress handle surprisingly close to the face when using a BIC.

Can confirm BIC works very well in the Rocca. I haven't tried it in the Blackbird yet. Now I'm curious to try...

Ah sweet! That's good confirmation of my theory.

Some feedback on the blackbird/BIC would be awesome!

Excellent points and from memory they worked good in more assertive razors such as the R41 and not so much in milder razors.
Also longevity compared to the Feathers which from experience take a few shaves to smooth out and by shave 5 they're ready for the bin.
For the $$$ BIC CP are a good alternative and despite mixed results they put many other bigger named blades to shame ;)

Yah, they've put nearly every other blade to shame.

I know gsb,nacet etc are highly regarded but a BIC in the progress has decimated all other blades in all metrics...sharpness, smoothness, longevity.

Hmmm I now wonder if 2700 BIC will be enough! LOL

Ye
WOW, that is some impressive haul.

Of course I'm glad now to have identified the 'some bloke' who used to get to places before me and buy all their safety razors ...

Next time I'm in Perth - https://www.treasuredcraftcreations.com.au/
ah when we lived there it was always a good showground to hit up for all sorts, a bit far away from some places but usually worth it.
Always a few loonies and odd bodds about for a good laugh aswell too haha

Ye

ah when we lived there it was always a good showground to hit up for all sorts, a bit far away from some places but usually worth it.
Always a few loonies and odd bodds about for a good laugh aswell too haha
I lived in Perth for 24 years, but there haven't been too many occasions when I missed it that much. Right now is one of them. :D

jl72qRX.jpg

Astra SP used to be my 'cheaper' middle of the road blades, but I was amazed at how good BICs were when I bought them as part of a sampler a while back. I gave my last tuck away to a friend in his sampler, so bought another sleeve off Amazon as part of my monthly purchase to get my money's worth on Prime. I like them a LOT better than Astra SP and they're about the same price too.
Yep, these are very underrated IMO. Great blades

jl72qRX.jpg

Astra SP used to be my 'cheaper' middle of the road blades, but I was amazed at how good BICs were when I bought them as part of a sampler a while back. I gave my last tuck away to a friend in his sampler, so bought another sleeve off Amazon as part of my monthly purchase to get my money's worth on Prime. I like them a LOT better than Astra SP and they're about the same price too.
Those BIC chrome platinum blades never agree with my skin in any of my razors, because, they shave like a bloody paint scraper from HELL.

Those BIC chrome platinum blades never agree with my skin in any of my razors, because, they shave like a bloody paint scraper from HELL.

like someone here said.. they need to right razor to work well.. i have used these on and off for the past 3 years and hated them in whatever razor i used until @nav1 suggestion they work well in razors with rounded head like the rocca.. tried one out this morning and was that good i just purchase 400 of them :)

apparently should also work great in the Timeless 95 so will test that out tomorrow

@StratMan how many razor blades do you now have specifically for the Rocca?
400 blades seems like a big buy when I thought you have hundreds of other blades you enjoy in the Rocca?

reckon its got more to do with the razor than the person.. eg hated BICs and so far in rocca theyre excellent.. also the nacets, never got along with them but in the Lupo 72 there amazing

I definitely agree with this.

I have always felt it goes way beyond Individual razors and blades, skin and beard. It's all about the combination of all the pieces clicking together for the individual.

YMMV is becoming a cliche, and for good reason!

Status
Not open for further replies.