"One Blade/OneRazor/One Soap in February" Challenge

Think I just had my last shave for the month - the blade was getting a bit scratchy after two solid months of use, even if I did have a week off at the start of the month due to sickness.

//edit It's not a leap year is it?

Razor: Ikon B2 Slant
Blade: Polsilver
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Oberon
Brush: Mondial Silver Tip

I do not know what the problem was. 40 years ago I would have got two months out of a blade, shave every day and not even think about it. A bit of knowledge, spoilt rotten by choice and I'm concerned about getting 14 shaves out of a blade. Getting soft Errol. This time I used my favourite razor and I can now understand why it's my favourite. Confidence inspiring, takes any blade thrown at it and always performs well. Polsilver blade starting to loose the edge but gave a great close shave to the end.

If there is ever another challenge along similar lines I'm going to choose a razor I consider a dog, (razors I just don't get along with) and a non Russian blade but it will not come out of Korea.

Well done to all those who subjected themselves to the challenge.

One blade/One Razor/One soap in February - Total shaves 26
Brush: RR 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Derby
Soap: RR xXx

Congratulations to all my fellow challengers :notworthy: It was a blast sharing the experience and look forward to similar adventures in the near future (y)
Derby_Feb_2018.jpg
#blade_of_glory

For all those who competed and completed - PM me your address and some vintage blades will be coming your way.

15 shaves completed and I don’t need a shave today so my challenge is finished.

It was a worthwhile project as it gets you to nail technique while also rethinking the mad lemming rush to add things to the den. Schick P-30 blade now a little more dull but it could probably do 20 shaves if it had to.

Would definately do again... and I’d probably be a bit more challenging with razor & blade choice. I knew The General & Proline combo would easily do it. The extra rule I gave myself of same aftershave and EdT might be something others want to try. Funny that the Pitralon A/S is still a happy postshave routine but I am totally DONE with the Aqva Amara EdT.

15 shaves completed and I don’t need a shave today so my challenge is finished.

It was a worthwhile project as it gets you to nail technique while also rethinking the mad lemming rush to add things to the den. Schick P-30 blade now a little more dull but it could probably do 20 shaves if it had to.

Would definately do again... and I’d probably be a bit more challenging with razor & blade choice. I knew The General & Proline combo would easily do it. The extra rule I gave myself of same aftershave and EdT might be something others want to try. Funny that the Pitralon A/S is still a happy postshave routine but I am totally DONE with the Aqva Amara EdT.
Well done champ! Better shaver for the experience and would definately take part again :happy:

Remember to PM me if you completed this for some vintage blades :)