Popularity Contest

What time? AEDT if you can.

EDIT- found it in your first post, 10:30 am I assume AWST so that is 13:30 AEDT.

MONSTA EDIT: Sorry, this is one of my major bugbears. No such thing as WST in Australia, that refers to either West Samoa Time or Western Sahara Summer Time. Australia has AWST (Australian Western Standard Time) for WA, no Daylight Savings is observed there. Us 'easterners' have either AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) or AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time). See timeanddate.com for more info.

Last edited:
If you're going to do a Foo Fighter song that's somewhat topical, how about These Days?

If you're going to do a Foo Fighter song that's somewhat topical, how about These Days?

The selection is already locked in. I have to send 2-3 tracks in a few days beforehand, so they can get them from the library. Some of my choices took some finding. Fever, for one. The producer kept skipping it and playing others I'd gave him. He had to trawl the JJJ vault to get it.

I'll be listening. The news isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

See Drubbing, you're a draw card. You've convinced a very cynical bastard that there might be something worth listening to out there. It's apparent that you know what the blue rinse brigade likes. The population will increasingly become Drubbing fans as the average age goes in to blue rinse territory. There's a future for you, although initially as a nursing home entertainer, it'll rapidly expand. Stay on!

Last edited:
I'll be listening. The news isn't as bad as I thought it would be............

Correction. It is. Might have previously just listened to a brief two minute compilation of internatinal news. We don't get that here. Got excited because all the news we get here is what Rupert Murdoch decided not to flush down the toilet.

Geoff Hutchison, voice of 720 ABC morning show, please fuck off. I'm looking for a rope a stout beam and a wobbly chair. Even he was amazed that Drubbing's giving up. That says something as he's not amazed at anything. It's not evident in his droning, humorless boring voice. You owe me one Drubbing.

Last edited:
So he is out?

These sorts of comps always try to get the record, then add a couple of days and get rid of the person to start again.

For some reason I don't have that song or album. Shame on me. Good choice and pretty bloody obvious. No, I'm not saying either!

The best thing about this is that I can now eliminate 720 ABC morning radio from my "must do" list....forever

[video=youtube;dMBH-SN1d1s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMBH-SN1d1s[/video]

It's off In Your honour PJ - you tried every other track on it, bar that one.

Pretty harsh. I don't mind Geoff, he interviews well, but avoids the blatant combativeness and pot stirring of the commercials. You get an idea of what a tough crowd they can be. Then there's that anal pedant who used the segment to write in and say it was indicative of all wrong with ABC radio is one. So that's two listeners I lost them over my tenure.

TBH, if I'd have known I only cracked the record this week and not last, I wouldn't have told the producer I was pulling the pin at the end of this week. I didn't want to get greedy, but too late to backflip. I even sent in all the tracks on sunday.

Of course it is. For some reason just couldn't find it. Loved the "I'll bet you he shaves his head and wears a polo neck" comment. How that is meant to classify you as a person with an appalling taste in music baffles me but there you go. By the why, do you wear a polo neck?

I've heard worse than Geoff. On local radio in Exmouth.

I don't even own a polo neck - and I think he meant turtle neck. He can't even define his distate for hipsters properly.

the T neck was Steve Jobs only wardrobe item, and I think that's the sort of smug, cocky type he was referring to. He was also a complete corporate psychopath with emplloyees, and futile new-age hippie. He wore T necks because he said he had too many important decisions to make and what to wear shouldn'tr be one of them. If he'd only pulled his head out of his new age arse and not followed the same 'logic' with his eating habits (a whole week of nothing but apples, then fasting...) then he might not be dead right now.

BOT. Geoff always liked to throw the negatives out there when the torches and pitchforks phonedup. You need to get an audience reaction. All too easy to get Mr Angry from the nursing home, but harder to stay in the game - you need people to phone in to say something nice. When I played the Chilis, most of the on air comments were hate, but the producer said they'd never had a bigger response to a track before, and the majority loved it.

I had more fans than miserable gits anyway. I wish I'd stayed. I clearly didn't push the boundaries enough. I built up a good following. I could have been the only person to get the thumbs up for the Hilltop Hoods or Eminem.

Last edited:
..........I had more fans than miserable gits anyway. I wish I'd stayed. I clearly didn't push the boundaries enough. I built up a good following..........

I told you so! You need a manager/PR person. Why don't you just apply under a different name. You need a "stage name" anyhow. Try Drubbing! And start eating apples and wearing turtle necks.

I told you so! You need a manager/PR person.
You need a "stage name" anyhow. Try Drubbing! .

Cmon a bit more imagination for our radio superstar:

El Drubo -that will get the little old ladies all excited about this Latin stud
Drub Drubashian been used I think
or just
"The Drubster" says it all - a man and Moderator not to be trifled with

So whatnwas the song?

Wasn't listening to 720 no matter what. Too much right wing vitriol and cab drivers whinging on 882 to pull myself away ;)

Aww, now that sucks - I just found a clean version of Rage against the machine: Killing in the name of. I would've stayed on just to play that. And Motorhead. And another Black Keys song, and the Best of You.

Nuts.