Post-sabbatical thoughts of 2021 sabbatees?

I admit the recent acquisitions from various members almost had me rushing to my spare wallet with the 'rainy day' $$$ but luckily most items that interest me are readily available so no need to rush.
I agree the recent Lupo's have me interested and a SS R41 would be nice but Muhle need to adjust to pricing before I'd be convinced I need one considering my pot metal one rarely gets used... :unsure:

I dont use my R41 as much anymore either, to aggressive to use as a daily for me PLUS I have so many razors i love its hard for the R41 to get a guernsey :)

BUT, every single time I use the R41 I love the experience and am left with a dolphin smoothness that other razors can quite get to (close but no cookies). So for me the R41 is a no brainer, any may well be a better shaver than the zamak version if tolerances are improved with cnc machining (if that is indeed how its made).

the lupo is the poor mans WR1 and and taking into consideration the new gap of 72, is certainly on the order list next year

I dont use my R41 as much anymore either, to aggressive to use as a daily for me PLUS I have so many razors i love its hard for the R41 to get a guernsey :)

BUT, every single time I use the R41 I love the experience and am left with a dolphin smoothness that other razors can quite get to (close but no cookies). So for me the R41 is a no brainer, any may well be a better shaver than the zamak version if tolerances are improved with cnc machining (if that is indeed how its made).

the lupo is the poor mans WR1 and and taking into consideration the new gap of 72, is certainly on the order list next year
I still used my v2013 R41 from time to time, you can only shave the R41 every two days or more not suitable for everyday shaving.

I’m planning to get the SS R41 either next year or two years as I’m in no hurry at all, if, there’s a SS bulldog handle online? I’ll definitely get one for the SS R41 head as I’m not 100% sure about the handle that comes with the new R41.

FWIW I think the 95 Lupo a better option.
I reviewed B&B/DFS feedback and noticed most members bought all three plates and then sold the 72 and/or dual head keeping the 95 and many went on to sell their GC_84.P ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
This influenced my decision plus I'm a sensitive wimp compared to most of you macho's using R41, JAWS and Blackland razors 🤕

This influenced my decision plus I'm a sensitive wimp!! compared to most of you macho's using R41, JAWS and Blackland razors 🤕
giphy.gif

I reviewed B&B/DFS feedback and noticed most members bought all three plates and then sold the 72 and/or dual head keeping the 95 and many went on to sell their GC_84.P ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
This influenced my decision plus I'm a sensitive wimp compared to most of you macho's using R41, JAWS and Blackland razors 🤕

The SS Lupo 95 offers a sublime smooth and efficient shave, that doesn't break the bank. In my current top 3 razor list. Excellent razor (y)(y)(y).

A tub of Stirling Bergamot and Lavender says that you do hold up and resist temptation :)
Would this qualify for a sabbatical fail?
Moral support appreciated, thanks. You know I couldn't hold you to that, especially since I have lots and lots of B/Lav, which I guess makes me a hoarder, but that's just too bad, I'll wear that badge with both shame and pride :LOL:
I still used my v2013 R41 from time to time, you can only shave the R41 every two days or more not suitable for everyday shaving..
Mine got used as a daily driver for nearly 2 years until its position in the den got filled by the JAWS... but all history now.

I still used my v2013 R41 from time to time, you can only shave the R41 every two days or more not suitable for everyday shaving.

I’m planning to get the SS R41 either next year or two years as I’m in no hurry at all, if, there’s a SS bulldog handle online? I’ll definitely get one for the SS R41 head as I’m not 100% sure about the handle that comes with the new R41.

I personally love the original r41 handle in looks just hate it’s super light weight on that head.

In regards to the lupo 72, how does it compare with the rocca ?

I agree that the 95 makes better sense and am curious on how close it compares to the WR2 .95 as I found that gap too mild for my needs...?

"StratMan,

About two and a half thousand times better

Just that ONE blind spot ...

The Rocca is far more efficient than the Lupo 72, I would say that the Lupo 72 maybe pretty close to the Merkur 34C/G just a little more efficient no where near as the Rocca.

I feel the Rocca is just a little too much aggression for everyday daily shaving on my skin, but, since I’ve owned a Rocca R94 and feels very smooth and not too edgy than the EJ 3one6.

The Rocca is far more efficient than the Lupo 72, I would say that the Lupo 72 maybe pretty close to the Merkur 34C/G just a little more efficient no where near as the Rocca.

I feel the Rocca is just a little too much aggression for everyday daily shaving on my skin, but, since I’ve owned a Rocca R94 and feels very smooth and not too edgy than the EJ 3one6.

I think you just put me off the lupo 72.. I find the rocca to be a mid-aggressive razor (more mid focused) so really dont want to go any milder than that.

maybe the lupo 95 is the one for me.. anyone got one of those?

"StratMan,

About two and a half thousand times better

Hi Errol.. I know you dont like the rocca at all, but i find it to be one of the best razors I own but from your point of view what do you like about the 72? have you tried the lupo 95? after @SpeedyPC comments Im a bit put off from its mildness

I think you just put me off the lupo 72.. I find the rocca to be a mid-aggressive razor (more mid focused) so really dont want to go any milder than that.

maybe the lupo 95 is the one for me.. anyone got one of those?
Hi Errol.. I know you dont like the rocca at all, but i find it to be one of the best razors I own but from your point of view what do you like about the 72? have you tried the lupo 95? after @SpeedyPC comments Im a bit put off from its mildness
WIMP! :p Start using a straight or shavette razor.