Saying hi!

vanNek

Hi guys, just dropping in to say hi. I have been lurking for a bit but thought I'll join up and say hi.

Going to try DE shaving and see if it helps with my acne etc. Plus learn the skill. Ultimately however I would like to learn SE shaving.

Cheers Luke.

Welcome Luke, nice to have you around.

Moving to DE definitely improved my skit, probably more to do with the exfoliation of a shaving brush, but also the fact I wasn't putting surfactant-based shave gels on my face anymore. Those would simply strip the oils away and send my pores into overdrive to replace it. The older shave products tend to use tallow-based fats which tend to not strip away the oils so much, and do not put in too much Sodium Hydroxide like a bath soap which binds to your skin oils and washes them away.

I have also found that using an Alum block also tends to tone the skin well and it helps to close up the pores too. You will experiment and see what works well for you. Once you have the basics down pat then by all means, head to the land of SE's and even straights.

Welcome Luke,

You'll find a wealth of information here.

DE shaving should help with your acne, its mild on your skin.

DE shaving is a good stepping stone to SE shaving, one step at a time!

Thanks gents, yeah baby steps. Not sure whether the kit from mensbiz is the go or the kit from Mark on here. I'am cutting down the amount of nasty I/we use as a family I.e SLS SLES etc.

Is this site starting to get very weird (or do I need to take some more tablets to keep up)?
Welcome Luke - if you are looking to move to SE eventually you sound like a perfect candidate for the TM shaving system (Shut up the rest of you weirdos) :)

TM shaving system?

Thank you everyone for your welcomes....

Luke.

I am your father.

Bollocks. You don't even wear black. Or any visible helmets…

I always tell my son, Lucas, when he's eating with his fingers at dinner, to "use the forks, Luc's"

It's a gag with a very long wait for pay off.

Hi mate - still here? Worked out who the (most) wackos are?

The TM method is a shaving approach with the first pass using a SE and the second with a DE. It was discovered or popularised by a member here and now has world wide notoriety!