Saying hi!

So I've gone with marks starter kit & he has been kind enough to include an se razor for a minuscule extra fee. Can not wait :)

You want to be really careful with using an SE razor. Which model is it by the way? The first couple of shaves with a new blade are truly scary. Use a very shallow angle so the top of the razor and hence the blade are running almost parallel to your face, use negligible pressure and go really really slow slow, particularly around the chin.

I bet you, in his zealous pursuit of another convert, @gthomas04 never bothered to explain the quirks of SE razors to you. Anyhow we all suspect it's an evil plot dreamed up by the fictitious alter ego of some Sydney crackpot hyped up on pharmaceuticals.

You want to be really careful with using an SE razor. Which model is it by the way? The first couple of shaves with a new blade are truly scary. Use a very shallow angle so the top of the razor and hence the blade are running almost parallel to your face, use negligible pressure and go really really slow slow, particularly around the chin.

I bet you, in his zealous pursuit of another convert, @gthomas04 never bothered to explain the quirks of SE razors to you. Anyhow we all suspect it's an evil plot dreamed up by the fictitious alter ego of some Sydney crackpot hyped up on pharmaceuticals.

Nah I'm trying de first, my goal is to get to se :)

Get six months under your belt with a DE. It's not just your razor to master; it's the brush and lather and angle too.

Then worry about branching out into the wilderness.

Get six months under your belt with a DE. It's not just your razor to master; it's the brush and lather and angle too.

Then worry about branching out into the wilderness.

That's the plan. I couldn't turn down the se for the $.

I might not be able to grow a beard, but I'll be able to shave like a MAN!

Which model is it?

Fixed that one for you.

No idea sorry, perhaps mark can chime in....

Why thank you sir.

Edit: this is the kit less the se
taja3upe.jpg

Last edited:
Combined with the blades others are sending that looks like enough to keep you going for 6 months or so and work out what you like using.

I'm no expert but looks like a Gillette ball end tech to me and eBay appears to suggest I am right.

Yes, that is a Gillette Ball-end Tech. Mild shaver, works best with a sharp blade in my opinion.

I'd rate most Gillette vintage blades as being sharper than Feathers. Spoilers, Super Stainless, Gillette Plus Platinum etc etc

I'm going agains the pack in this one. The vintages I tried I didn't rate. Feather, astra and perma for me so far!

+1. Only Vintages I thought were any way special were those Gillette white plats. At around $5 ea, I might as well go back to carts if I developed a thing for them.

Feathers are sharp, but they irritated me badly. Astras and Perma are very good. Permas I found to be about the best thing available. But others find something else is.

+1. Only Vintages I thought were any way special were those Gillette white plats. At around $5 ea, I might as well go back to carts if I developed a thing for them.

White Plats are current production mate - they are available at a stupid cost although the $5 is more likely per pack, not blade :ROFLMAO:

Remember their distribution is the EU so it keeps the legislators happy (low waste product compared to Carts) however they do charge a very hefty premium for them.

......... The vintages I tried I didn't rate........

I'm speechless. I admire your admission but as far as P&C credibility goes I'd start looking around for a rope, a convenient tree branch and a wobbly chair.

+1. Only Vintages I thought were any way special were those Gillette white plats........

What else would you expect from one of them damn atheists.

Haha I would love to understand the skin types and hair types that put us p&c peps into certain blade followings.

In just 1 hr I will get to try out an ikon OSS :)

Hi all, been away for the weekend and just catching up.

The starter kit is the sticks and Tech one from a while back with a 1950s Gem Push Button thrown in as well with a couple of blades. They look like this:

attachment.php