September 2012 Members Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice haul!

Those GZD sticks are great IMO.

Let us know how the Arko balm goes (I assume that's it?) keen on getting some myself.

Its the after shave cream, the balm comes in a bottle. I would have preferred the balm but it was out of stock.

Just got another Flair tip super speed in the mail (date code L4). Pretty pleased with this one- its in fantastic condition with no brassing at all. Other than a little soap scum its pretty much in mint condition.

Picked this set up recently, it arrived today. Missing the lid of the case but doesn't look too bad otherwise, should clean up nicely (when placed in a new case)...

What, the razor doesn't match? Oh yeah. Hmmm, what should I do? Does this one look any better:

I know, I know, this one still doesn't actually match. It does look pretty nice though....

Last edited:
Wow......thats a sensational looking set. Can't begin to think how striking it will look when cleaned up etc. Much plaudits to you on that.

Thanks mate - now to get a case....

Thing*

My bad....

Let me try again.

That set looks amazing!

LOL. Yes it does, despite not actually being a match.

My wife is Turkish and I've arranged for a friend to send me a box of a shaving soap I'd not heard of but have read reviews on B&B about, which speaks of it as being the BEST soft Turkish shaving soap doing the rounds.

It's called Camelot (trades as Camelot Classic Shaving Stick).

The 'shootout' that they did between it and the other Turkish shave sticks(Arko, Derby, Tweex) was very interesting but best of all it sounds like these don't have the cliched Lemon odour.

The thing that gets me is that even when bought through a retailer thats marked them up at point of sale the price was 11 Turkish Lira (~$5.50) for a dozen. Gawd imagine what they'd be if you sourced through the maker or wholesaler!!!

Best price I could find anywhere else was Ebay and it was like $10 for a single stick delivered!!!!

I had to laugh she emailed and told me about getting them this morning and said,"I also got you a dozen of these other ones that the Barber said is more popular, have you heard of Arko?"

Of the dozen of these I ordered a few yrs back I think I've got around 9 left (squished 3 or so into a jar). ANyway we'll see how it goes. Might be off to Turkey next year so if I do perhaps I'll try and grab some order for folks and post them back to ya'll....haha I don't fancy carting loads of shaving stuff around.....just my own lifetime supply! ;-)

My wife is Turkish and I've arranged for a friend to send me a box of a shaving soap I'd not heard of but have read reviews on B&B about, which speaks of it as being the BEST soft Turkish shaving soap doing the rounds.

It's called Camelot (trades as Camelot Classic Shaving Stick).

The 'shootout' that they did between it and the other Turkish shave sticks(Arko, Derby, Tweex) was very interesting but best of all it sounds like these don't have the cliched Lemon odour.

The thing that gets me is that even when bought through a retailer thats marked them up at point of sale the price was 11 Turkish Lira (~$5.50) for a dozen. Gawd imagine what they'd be if you sourced through the maker or wholesaler!!!

Best price I could find anywhere else was Ebay and it was like $10 for a single stick delivered!!!!

I had to laugh she emailed and told me about getting them this morning and said,"I also got you a dozen of these other ones that the Barber said is more popular, have you heard of Arko?"

Of the dozen of these I ordered a few yrs back I think I've got around 9 left (squished 3 or so into a jar). ANyway we'll see how it goes. Might be off to Turkey next year so if I do perhaps I'll try and grab some order for folks and post them back to ya'll....haha I don't fancy carting loads of shaving stuff around.....just my own lifetime supply! ;-)

Sounds great....

The stick did get a good wrap in that shootout, so it will interesting to hear your opinion of it when it arrives.

I have almost finished my Lucky Tiger face scrub, great stuff.
So whilst looking around MensBiz, I came across Triumph and Disaster products.

On the way to me:

Triumph and Disaster Rock and Roll Suicide face scrub
Triumph and Disaster Shave Cream
TOBS Lemon and Lime Shave Cream...getting ready for summer with some light citrusy scents.

No blades as I have a stack of them.

Also a baggie of P160 from Nick is en route. :)

I seen that Triumph and Disaster stuff!

Would be interested in hearing what you think of it when it arrives.

A few goodies:

1940s SS. Can never have too many of these!
Another Red tip, but in much better condition that my other 'user grade' one.
And an excellent Omega boar. Loving the wood handle, can't wait to use it.

Nice red tip! Hard to make a bad buy with the Omega Boar's....great value. FWIW nice clean up job on those razors in your album, you did a sensational job with those from what they looked like when you got them. Well done!

Nice red tip! Hard to make a bad buy with the Omega Boar's....great value. FWIW nice clean up job on those razors in your album, you did a sensational job with those from what they looked like when you got them. Well done!

Yes, I'm a big red tip fan. Other than the Rocket HD it is my favourite non-adjustable Gillette.

Thanks. I really enjoy seeing old discarded things being brought back to life. Have improved my cleaning technique somewhat since I started too.

Status
Not open for further replies.