September 2016 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening Lads

Well she arrived and first off I would like to say that without some great assistance in more ways than one way from a very good friend this acquisition was made possible. I thank you again my friend.

She is a beauty she was as described and though near perfect I just had to apply my extra TLC to her a TV Special D1 significant in that it is my Birth Year & Quarter.
ooiJTBJ.jpg

pJLx5s2.jpg

51xV5mc.jpg

PCVuZsc.jpg

Wow - looks sensational! Big congratulations @FatBoy58.

Evening Lads

Well she arrived and first off I would like to say that without some great assistance in more ways than one way from a very good friend this acquisition was made possible. I thank you again my friend.

She is a beauty she was as described and though near perfect I just had to apply my extra TLC to her a TV Special D1 significant in that it is my Birth Year & Quarter.
ooiJTBJ.jpg

pJLx5s2.jpg

51xV5mc.jpg

PCVuZsc.jpg
She is definitely a looker! Beautiful razor.

Nice! It would have been nice if The Stray Whisker was able to stock the entire range but I suppose one has to be resourceful sometimes. Well done @todras :)

As far as I am aware @shavetheman does stock the whole range of Fine, I ordered the American Blend splash from Con I know that much, I presumed he had sold out of the soap. I know American Blend sold out really quickly right around the world. Before I ordered from Fine themselves I looked at the 9 or 10 regular wet-shaving stores I order from and none had stock and from what I have been reading it's been like that for a few months with Fine themselves only recently restocking the scent.

As far as I am aware @shavetheman does stock the whole range of Fine, I ordered the American Blend splash from Con I know that much, I presumed he had sold out of the soap. I know American Blend sold out really quickly right around the world. Before I ordered from Fine themselves I looked at the 9 or 10 regular wet-shaving stores I order from and none had stock and from what I have been reading it's been like that for a few months with Fine themselves only recently restocking the scent.

Fine American Blend has undergone some changes due to some legal matters. We were in the process of ordering the American Blend Soap and Splash but these items were out of stock at that time. Fine has had to redesign their labels. So, what you have there @Rusty Bridges are collectors items!

Here is what Fine Accoutrements put out on the 1st of September:

" We've recently been informed by legal representatives working on behalf of the holder of US (and other) trademarks for "barberpole stripes trade dress used on ... shaving related goods" that the "prominent striped design" used on Fine American Blend Soap and Aftershave Packaging is not permitted. After exercising our own due diligence into the matter, we negotiated a grace period to sell out existing inventory for both products while we develop new packaging.

The grace period for the aftershave has just expired, but the new packaging is not yet ready for production (new bottles are coming too!). We anticipate it will take 6-8 weeks before a new production run, with the new packaging, can be competed. In the meantime, American Blend aftershave will only be available from 3rd party retailers while supplies last.

There is a longer grace period for the soap because we had just completed a large production run prior to being informed of this situation. So at this time, we anticipate that availability of American Blend soap will remain constant throughout the packaging transition period.

Watch this space for updates on the new packaging as they become available!"​

Shave on gents! :)

Fine American Blend has undergone some changes due to some legal matters. We had ordered the American Blend Soap and Splash but these items were out of stock at that time. Fine has had to redesign their labels. So, what you have there @Rusty Bridges are collectors items!

Those are my pucks, I have 2 of them.

I will shortly be putting them up for sale at $95 each, because that's how I roll.

Fine American Blend has undergone some changes due to some legal matters. We were in the process of ordering the American Blend Soap and Splash but these items were out of stock at that time. Fine has had to redesign their labels. So, what you have there @Rusty Bridges are collectors items!

Here is what Fine Accoutrements put out on the 1st of September:

" We've recently been informed by legal representatives working on behalf of the holder of US (and other) trademarks for "barberpole stripes trade dress used on ... shaving related goods" that the "prominent striped design" used on Fine American Blend Soap and Aftershave Packaging is not permitted. After exercising our own due diligence into the matter, we negotiated a grace period to sell out existing inventory for both products while we develop new packaging.

The grace period for the aftershave has just expired, but the new packaging is not yet ready for production (new bottles are coming too!). We anticipate it will take 6-8 weeks before a new production run, with the new packaging, can be competed. In the meantime, American Blend aftershave will only be available from 3rd party retailers while supplies last.

There is a longer grace period for the soap because we had just completed a large production run prior to being informed of this situation. So at this time, we anticipate that availability of American Blend soap will remain constant throughout the packaging transition period.

Watch this space for updates on the new packaging as they become available!"​

Shave on gents! :)

BAD LAWYERS!

They get in the way all the time ;)

Good lawyers are an entirely different species hey @todras ?

Last edited:
Some 'Business Casual' Shirts - variable length sleeves, will see how they go:

Shaving related advertising - another side AD ...

(Not covered by sabbatical I think!)

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the gentleman

I am sure the person receiving 'Gentleman', 'Sharp Dressed' & 'Executive' will post a full review once he has had the chance to use them...They were ordered on his behalf.

My initial impressions from the bottle are a warm, sweet tobacco and Vanilla scented mix with the definite presence of Amber. Quite agreeable.

Hollow Ground DE Blade? HUH????
1. The blade is hidden under the top cap, so what's the point of the hollow grind and
2. the blade is so thin a hollow grind is pointless in that it would be a fraction of a mm!

These were a gift from @FatBoy58, maybe he can provide some more information on them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.