September 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nylon washers finally arrived via Aliexpress. 62 cent shipping option took about 3 months to get to Australia, but I couldn't find any M5 nylon washers this narrow locally (actually a bit more narrow than I thought, but then, I guess the smaller the footprint, the better). 200 washers, so at least I don't have to worry about losing any unless I end up buying 200 safety razors...

oGmln7h.jpg

lNIllVc.jpg

I can toss the 'dinner plate' now.

6Gb4uwR.jpg

Better.

Good choice though. You're only missing (my favourite DE) the Gillette Yellow and the Minora SS. Those BICs you've got have a loyal following.
I've just finished using my first 7 o'clock yellow and was very impressed. It's probably my favourite at this stage.

Due to the outpouring of love on here for the minoras, I've got some of them on the way too. So many blades to try, so long to wait between shaves...

Don't you just love Australia Post? I was notified yesterday that my squadron soap was on its way and may be delivered by Friday. I got all excited thinking I might be able to use it for a shave tonight.

Today I was informed that it was now in Adelaide and the earliest I can expect it is Tuesday! I could have walked there quicker to pick it up!

Don't you just love Australia Post? I was notified yesterday that my squadron soap was on its way and may be delivered by Friday. I got all excited thinking I might be able to use it for a shave tonight.

Today I was informed that it was now in Adelaide and the earliest I can expect it is Tuesday! I could have walked there quicker to pick it up!
At least with AusPost you can pretty much guarantee it will actually be delivered. All too many businesses these days are using shonky couriers that refuse to deliver to your property, despite having accepted payment to do so.

I'm a bit ruthless about this now, since all of these couriers have depots 40 or 50km away, and I'll tell them to send the package back before going that far out of my way. I've taken to specifying under delivery instructions: "Deliver to mailbox. DO NOT leave card for collection from non-AusPost depot".

At least with AusPost you can pretty much guarantee it will actually be delivered. All too many businesses these days are using shonky couriers that refuse to deliver to your property, despite having accepted payment to do so.

Yes, if you can lodge your parcel with Auspost. Today - all day - the mypost business site was down. No parcels could be lodged by us onto the auspost system and you can read the reaction of others retailers here. The cynics have suggested that the outage happened to 'coincide' with a massive backlog of parcels in Sydney and Melbourne due to so many Auspost staff being in covid isolation and the effect of the outage was to give Auspost an extra day to clear the backlog. Good thing I'm not a cynic. :)

Yes, if you can lodge your parcel with Auspost. Today - all day - the mypost business site was down. No parcels could be lodged by us onto the auspost system and you can read the reaction of others retailers here. The cynics have suggested that the outage happened to 'coincide' with a massive backlog of parcels in Sydney and Melbourne due to so many Auspost staff being in covid isolation and the effect of the outage was to give Auspost an extra day to clear the backlog. Good thing I'm not a cynic. :)
Embrace thine inner cynic, it'll enrich your life. :p

I haven't noticed you going down the path of using any of those shonky couriers though. For all its faults, AusPost will at least get your package to its destination. Tasmania has provided a fertile breeding-ground for dodgy "enterprises" that just take your money. I have taken to just asking PayPal to refund my payment whenever I get a card in my mailbox demanding that I make a 90 minute trip to pick up my package. They're obviously used to people doing this, as there's never any quibble over the refund.

Embrace thine inner cynic, it'll enrich your life. :p

I haven't noticed you going down the path of using any of those shonky couriers though. For all its faults, AusPost will at least get your package to its destination. Tasmania has provided a fertile breeding-ground for dodgy "enterprises" that just take your money. I have taken to just asking PayPal to refund my payment whenever I get a card in my mailbox demanding that I make a 90 minute trip to pick up my package. They're obviously used to people doing this, as there's never any quibble over the refund.

Having said that my first order of Stirling soaps from @Ozwhisker resulted in my order being delivered directly to my post office. Mind you the postie was continuously doing this leading up of my order from artisan arcade but nonetheless Australia post isn't that great either and it just depends on the driver. Needless to say I put in a complaint and it hasn't happened since. They tried telling me I wasn't home but I was tired of that excuse and made sure to have someone watch out continuously for any deliveries. The staff member at my local post office said that the driver was bad and was fed up of him too.
Man that's messed up! I don't blame you.
I have noticed a lot of dodgy couriers popping up over the years and I imagine there will be that much more given the state of the world right now. Startrack used to be a good option before Australia post bought them out, now they're just a name and the same thing as Australia post.
I get that the workers are tired and over stretched though. I guess whilst management are handing out lavish gifts to one another such as gold watches and bonuses then there was bound to be some sort of cost cutting on the bottom end. I don't doubt some staff are sick with covid also but what I also don't doubt is that management refused to spend the money to put on more staff and were just thinking about profits. I work for a company which behaves just like that and don't truly give a damn about their staff or the customer or even their experience, they only care when an issue arises.

Aussie post have said clearly they have paused it for that exact reason. E parcel pause for 3 days to play catch up.

how so? The yellows were my grail blades till the minoras came and my appreciation for nacets grew
Let us know when you get low on those Nacets as I might have some to part with at "mates rates'' ;)

I got an email from AusPost which you can view online here - sent to me as a MyPost user.

Reported in The Australian - https://www.theaustralian.com.au/bu...f/news-story/a48d59d13fb23ff1ae0ec2f330006434

Thanks @Mark1966 . I think that Chad and you are referring a different issue. Vendors who use the mypost business service usually have the choice of taking their deliveries to an auspost office or requesting auspost to collect the orders. Either way, the orders have to be lodged on the auspost system. The email auspost sent out, which I saw at the time, did not affect me or hundreds of other business because we do not require collection from our premises, i.e. all our orders are taken to an auspost office. The email specifically states "Lodgements at Post Offices and SPB's will also continue to be collected and collections in all other States remain the same." Therefore the content of the email should have had no effect on us.

However, the mypost business site was non-operational, in many different ways, so we could not lodge any orders on the system. There was no notice on the system informing users that auspost was not accepting orders at all. The messages, in various forms, were that there was a temporary error and to come back shortly, or re-login, or the payment could not be processed or some other error. Vendor frustration with this mess appears at the link I posted earlier.

Thanks @Mark1966 . I think that Chad and you are referring a different issue. Vendors who use the mypost business service usually have the choice of taking their deliveries to an auspost office or requesting auspost to collect the orders. Either way, the orders have to be lodged on the auspost system. The email auspost sent out, which I saw at the time, did not affect me or hundreds of other business because we do not require collection from our premises, i.e. all our orders are taken to an auspost office. The email specifically states "Lodgements at Post Offices and SPB's will also continue to be collected and collections in all other States remain the same." Therefore the content of the email should have had no effect on us.

However, the mypost business site was non-operational, in many different ways, so we could not lodge any orders on the system. There was no notice on the system informing users that auspost was not accepting orders at all. The messages, in various forms, were that there was a temporary error and to come back shortly, or re-login, or the payment could not be processed or some other error. Vendor frustration with this mess appears at the link I posted earlier.

Ahhh, sorry mate. Must be driving you nuts! I just noticed that they are claiming 'intermittent issues' but with no update since yesterday you have to think that this is pretty ordinary and still a major problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.