September 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice @Chad !

Mine has no help :)

vQ6foyzl.jpg

Just before I left for work I got a message that I had two packages in my parcel locker. Kudos to Australia Post for getting my "The warden" soap to me before Tuesday. I got up too late to have a shave this morning, which I'm now happy about because I can try out the new buy tonight.

On a funny note, the second package was from AliExpress, and when I picked it up I had no idea what it was. It turned out to be something I ordered on the 16th of December last year! I'd well and truly given up on receiving it after all this time - 264 days - but it eventually got here. Now if only they'd hurry up and deliver my pour-over coffee maker...

Just before I left for work I got a message that I had two packages in my parcel locker. Kudos to Australia Post for getting my "The warden" soap to me before Tuesday. I got up too late to have a shave this morning, which I'm now happy about because I can try out the new buy tonight.

On a funny note, the second package was from AliExpress, and when I picked it up I had no idea what it was. It turned out to be something I ordered on the 16th of December last year! I'd well and truly given up on receiving it after all this time - 264 days - but it eventually got here. Now if only they'd hurry up and deliver my pour-over coffee maker...

@Mark1966 does this beat your record?

For me aesthetics are secondary to function, so I couldn't justify the extra $50 USD for the polished version...happy days

Good buy! Same reason why I purchased the 'machined' finish on mine. The micro scratches on the shiny surface of my Alpha Outlaw erks me to the point where I don't shave with it as much as I like/should.

Good buy! Same reason why I purchased the 'machined' finish on mine. The micro scratches on the shiny surface of my Alpha Outlaw erks me to the point where I don't shave with it as much as I like/should.
My machine-finish Vector had a slightly niggling "gritty" texture when it arrived, so I put it in a vice and spent about 15 minutes giving it a bit of treatment with wet & dry. It left the surface a bit shinier but not polished, and I'm happy with it now. I wouldn't want a fully polished razor, bling isn't my thing.

bahahaha... "264 days" lol that's hilarious.
Good Ol AliExpress

I was thinking the same thing. lol

Lol. Imaine ordering a Diary or calender on AlliExpress.

Last edited:

bahahaha... "264 days" lol that's hilarious.
Good Ol AliExpress
I was thinking the same thing. lol
Lol. Imaine ordering a Diary or calender on AlliExpress.

Not.

Even.

Close.

My blades were postmarked 19 February 2013 and arrived 16 May 16 2014 - that is, wait for it ...

451 days!

I think I may have got the score of the month, for not too much money. Seller said never been used; I highly doubted that and rightly so. Took a punt and got it all today.

L-R. Gillette Slim I3, Gillette British Rocket, Gillette Tech, blade bank, various vintage blades (some look usable), Gem.

No idea what the Match razor blades are used in? Google didnt tell me much, kept showing me Mach3s.

I was only in this for the Slim tbh. I'll give the Rocket and Tech a whirl. I definitely won't use the Gem, so will put that up in BST as is later in the day. It is pretty cruddy under the head.

IMG-6673.jpg

Detailed pics below.
IMG-6676.jpg

I think I may have got the score of the month, for not too much money. Seller said never been used; I highly doubted that and rightly so. Took a punt and got it all today.

L-R. Gillette Slim I3, Gillette British Rocket, Gillette Tech, blade bank, various vintage blades (some look usable), Gem.

No idea what the Match razor blades are used in? Google didnt tell me much, kept showing me Mach3s.

I was only in this for the Slim tbh. I'll give the Rocket and Tech a whirl. I definitely won't use the Gem, so will put that up in BST as is later in the day. It is pretty cruddy under the head.

IMG-6673.jpg

Detailed pics below.
IMG-6676.jpg

Give the Gem a run! I will send you some blades if you want to.

Not.

Even.

Close.

My blades were postmarked 19 February 2013 and arrived 16 May 16 2014 - that is, wait for it ...

451 days!
I had two small packages arrive from Argentina a few weeks ago.....which I had totally forgotten about. One was post marked being sent in May 2020 and the other razor was purchased in March 2020 - a slim and a late 40's gold aristocrat - both in average condition and thankfully cheap.

Were they worth waiting that long for?

They are VERY nice blades.

Only problem was that I'd been refunded, so when I contacted the seller and paid the same price as I had originally, in USD, it cost me about $A30 more from memory!

Ahh, the pitfalls of being honest and having integrity.

I imagine insurance would have covered it by the time you got it and brought it up but it was an honest and good thing to do. It definitely sucks that @Mark1966 had to pay extra based on something that was completely beyond his control.
I'd probably have tried to work something else out with the seller myself. IDK $30AUD is quite a lot of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.