Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: L'Occitaine Plisson Synth
Razor: Hoffritz Slant
Blade: Personna Med Prep
Soap: Mamma Bear Autumn Lodge
Aftershave: Floid Blue

Checking in from the other side of this vast continent, Perth. Beautiful sunsets over the Indian Ocean. Perth has changed so much since my last trip 18 years ago.

Mamma Bears has a pretty talc scent and so easy to get a rich lather. Floid is a nice match. This is all I've got for the trip.

HkH3oqj.png

@Lifes a Peach you will be ok, the master collector @Drubbing resides over there somewhere and is well known for his generosity :)

It's a great little city you have here, Drubs. Lying under a grand tree in Kings Park, right next to the war memorial. Basking in the sweet warm weather with my clan. Don't stress about any additional supplies - the cake of Mama Bears should see me through [emoji3]

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Razor: Barbasol 'Floating Head'
Blade: Schick Super Platinum - shave 1
Cream: Panna Crema - Vetiver
Aftershave: Floid

Firstly I think I was too harsh on the Panna Crema previously @filobiblic - it really does perform well and is a top shelf soap.

As for me though - has my technique gone off overnight? The shave seemed rough, bit of tugging. I'm presuming that it is the blade - will be interested in how it plays out in future shaves.

The result - BBS with no weeper :) The Floid told me there was some micro cuts there though!

Razor - R41
Blade - Polsilver (1)
Brush - omega straw broom
Soap - Mikes Rosemary & Peppermint
Balm - Jermyn St

Mikes really is a good product.

Is the soap in the tins softer than the bar soap? This stuff nearly is enough to convert me to hard soaps. Pressed into a bowl it's as easy as stealing lollies from a kid. Easier actually, depending on the age of the kid.

Cooling and refreshing, great summer choice filo

Mikes really is a good product.

Is the soap in the tins softer than the bar soap? This stuff nearly is enough to convert me to hard soaps. Pressed into a bowl it's as easy as stealing lollies from a kid. Easier actually, depending on the age of the kid.

Cooling and refreshing, great summer choice filo
It's the same consistency.
Yeah, the Mike's R & P is a great summer soap. [emoji106]

The R41 is the DE for straight users. Perfect conversion kit. Smooth as silk. I actually haven't used my straight again since I got it! :-/

I'm going to compare the two soon, use my straight a bit more. But the R41 is just so easy you can't go wrong (with a little respect maintained)

Good suggestion Stills, best bit of shaving gear I've bought yet.

The R41 is the DE for straight users. Perfect conversion kit. Smooth as silk. I actually haven't used my straight again since I got it! :-/

I'm going to compare the two soon, use my straight a bit more. But the R41 is just so easy you can't go wrong (with a little respect maintained)

Good suggestion Stills, best bit of shaving gear I've bought yet.

Great news mate. Thanks for the follow-up.

Brush: Frank Shaving ST
Pre-Shave: Occams Pre-Shave Crushed Lime
Soap/Cream: Queen Charlotte Basilica
Razor: PH Weber
Blade: GBE [1]
After-shave: Myrsol F./Extra

KdU4ahN.png

Brush: Plisson
Soap/Cream: TOBS Jermyn ST Cream
Razor: Merkur 1904 OC
Blade: Personna Lab Blue [2]
After-shave: Nivea sensitive ASB
EDT: Mo-Stratos

Was my first shave with the 1904. I was really impressed. I snagged it for $30 when I was buying some stuff from Connoughts, and so I added it in as the shipping was essentially free.

It was mild, but very efficient. I also love how the open comb leaves some lather behind, as it keeps the slickness up.

Love the Jermyn St too. Nice scent. Super smooth and protective lather.

Nice close shave. No irritaiton. Win.

My eBay bargain Captain's Choice lime aftershave arrived in the parcel locker today, so look out for it in tomorrows SOTD.

My eBay bargain Captain's Choice lime aftershave arrived in the parcel locker today, so look out for it in tomorrows SOTD.
That's quick shipping! Just over a week right?

It actually arrived last Friday, but I thought it was just a new iphone cable that I ordered, so I wasn't in a rush to get it. My wife went there today to get it, and to my surprise it was the aftershave!

Ordered it on the 8th of Jan, and it arrived on the 16th. 8 days is pretty good!

Gillette Slim (5 & 3)
Permasharp Super (5)
CRSW Bay Rum
Plisson Synth

Loving the CRSW soaps, very unsure what I was thinking ordering 8 Stirling soaps as I am amready not able to give these enough lovin'! PSS is on theedge of binning but still did well. Love going hell for leather with not fear on #3 on the Slim's 2nd pass.

Just been shaving with my travel kit which of course has my trusted SPUD and Arko. What is it about European plumbing and bathrooms? I've yet used one you can swing a cat in with basins so small you need to first turn the light on to find it.

<<===== yet to receive said lime :(

Brush: Mens-u Synthetic
Soap/Cream: Jonny Goodsir
Razor: Merkur 30C
Blade: Astra Green
After-shave: Skinfood Sandalwood

@stillshunter mate thanks so much for the Jonny Goodsir Sample. Absolutely love it. Such a great lather and so slick.

Still getting the hang of the 30C the odd nick here or there. Tried some styptic tonight for the first time.... Oh the BURN! Nah it was alright but I under stand why the guys said no alum or styptic when I took half my face of with a shavette....

my pleasure @vanNek, hope you get to liking it - or it broadens your soap horizons. You much like the scent mate?

You know @Drubbing could be wrong about the 30c and it, in fact, is absolute shit. I mean this is a bloke who don't much like the Weber. Craziness!

Petusco Pre-shave cream
Faena Mastic Tree Shaving Soap
Vie-long 16505 Two Band Shaving Brush
Merkur Progress Razor
Super Iridium Blades
Osma Aftershave Balm
Acca Kappa White Moss Eau de Cologne

Oh come on, that's just showing off ;)
I welcome more, particularly if it aids overcoming the scurge of @filobiblic and @stillshunter sabbaticals (they both appear to be partial to Myrsol).

Status
Not open for further replies.