Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ybbor Go to imgur.com and upload your pictures there, then post the link here (there are apps for android and iphone if you don't have a pc) , or maybe try flickr, or instagram if those are more to your fancy.

Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger (loaned from @MrT)
Soap/Cream: Nannys Seedy Sandalwood
Razor: PH Weber
Blade: Feather [1]
After-shave: Myrsol Emulsion

Brush: Omega 10005
Soap/Cream: Jabonman Lima-Incienso
Razor: EJ DE89 Barley Chrome
Blade: Vintage Gillette?
After-shave: Alcolado Glacial / Aqua Velva with 5 sticks menthol chips

This Jabonman's is really good stuff. You only have to waft your brush in its general direction to get enough soap for a 3 pass shave.
And it's deliciously cooling.
I did a test with the aftershave to see which had more of a cooling effect, and the standard AG easily beats the turbocharged AV. I splashed one AS on one hand, and applied to one cheek, and you can guess where I am going with the rest.
I could feel the menthol on my hand and cheek from the AG for quite a while later, but the AV hand / cheek dissipated quite quickly in comparison.

Thanks for testing out the iciest ASs.
Got to love the J'man soaps- superb lather!

Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger (loaned from @MrT)
Soap/Cream: Nannys Seedy Sandalwood
Razor: PH Weber
Blade: Feather [1]
After-shave: Myrsol Emulsion
Ewwwww Feather in the Weber and you lived to tell the tale. So how was it? On my list for next week...with some trepidation. ...and understatement.

Ewwwww Feather in the Weber and you lived to tell the tale. So how was it? On my list for next week...with some trepidation. ...and understatement.
Sharp and smooth. All good indeed. [emoji106]

u6r2TvA.jpg

If that's what Taylor Swift looks like I wonder what all the fuss is about.

Brush: Plisson Synthetic
Razor: Weber
Blade: SPP
Cream: Ingrams
A/S: Captain's Choice Limes + 444
Great shave today, can't remember how many days I've been using the SPP but it's at least 7 and it's showing no sign of giving up.

Pre-shave: Proraso Pre & Post Shave Cream
Brush: Semogue Mistura
Soap/Cream: Mike's Peppermint and Rosemary soap
Razor: Gillette NEW SC
Blade: Personna Med Prep - Fresh blade
After-shave: Proraso Splash

It was so nice to mix things up again after 2 weeks of using the travel gear and a 4 day growth. I'm still feeling the effects Perth's hot weather so I grabbed all of the cooling products from my cupboard. Two weeks of using the magical Plisson L'Occy had done nothing to diminish my love of that mixed hair Semogue. The Gillette NEW is absolutely awesome. Two passes and a baby butt smooth face.

It's extremely rare for me to shave on weekends but it was so enjoyable taking my sweet time without the pressures of getting ready for a day at the office. The rat race recommences on Monday :(

Great choice of Proraso Pre-Post with Mike's Peppermint and Rosemary! Love that combo @Lifes a Peach. [emoji106]

So you loving that NEW SC as much as you thought @Lifes a Peach ?

Very much so, Stillsy. The NEW was made in the early 1930's but I don't feel that any of the later vintages or modern razors have improved (in terms of performance) on this handsome beast. Of course it's a case of different strokes for other blokes.

Great choice of Proraso Pre-Post with Mike's Peppermint and Rosemary! Love that combo @Lifes a Peach. [emoji106]

Funny thing, Filo, is that I've previously used the Proraso cream as a pre-shave just once prior to today. Most of it was used up last summer as an aftershave. You're right though - it's a great combined with the Mikes.

Funny thing, Filo, is that I've previously used the Proraso cream as a pre-shave just once prior to today. Most of it was used up last summer as an aftershave. You're right though - it's a great combined with the Mikes.
I've never used it as a post/aftershave. What's it like? Does it remain oily or does it absorb into the skin?

I've never used it as a post/aftershave. What's it like? Does it remain oily or does it absorb into the skin?

Absorbs in quite well. I've hardly touched it since purchasing a bottle of the splash but it's nice to use every once and a while.

Absorbs in quite well. I've hardly touched it since purchasing a bottle of the splash but it's nice to use every once and a while.
I usually use balms during winter, but with the menthol it doesn't strike me as a balm to use during winter. I'll give it a try sometime.

Very much so, Stillsy. The NEW was made in the early 1930's but I don't feel that any of the later vintages or modern razors have improved (in terms of performance) on this handsome beast. Of course it's a case of different strokes for other blokes.
Smoother than, or as smooth as, the LC?
Hmmm...I might have to ask @Mark1966 if he has a user I could take for a spin. I'm hoping to try a NEW DeLuxe one day.

Smoother than, or as smooth as, the LC?
Hmmm...I might have to ask @Mark1966 if he has a user I could take for a spin. I'm hoping to try a NEW DeLuxe one day.
It is handy having @Mark1966 nearby isn't it Stillsy? But remember it's a collection. It's for looking at and you aren't meant to actually use them. And it's certainly not a razor rental service! [emoji14]

Status
Not open for further replies.