Status
Not open for further replies.
APt2qRi.jpg

Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Jabonman Limo-Intensa
Razor: Kirby Beard
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson [7]
After-shave: B&M Arctique

Stupidly hot here so went with a stupidly cold shave. Pre-shave with PAA Mentholated soap, then the Jabonman with menthol and finished with the coldest splash I have: B&M Arctique. Stoopidly cold...

Insanely jealous mate, yet add a bit of menthol to the B&M to make it insanely cold ;)

Razor: RRSS V2
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Soap: B&M Black Label Lavender
Aftershave: Folsom & Co. Black Powder

I am continually impressed with the Shavemac 2-band Silvertip hair and in my opinion if you're thinking of getting a luxury badger brush for face lathering this is the way to go. I honestly wouldn't bother with M&F, they aren't worth the hassle to get and if you do manage to place an order with Lee, he might just decide to send you something only resembling the brush you specified. Of the five M&F brushes I have owned in both Blonde and Finest hair, I have only kept one.

The RRSS is a very well made razor and fits together without any slop. I only wish the coating were more durable and shiny like a gunmetal grey/black. Instead it just looks like black paint. My other gripe with this razor is the bulky head design which gives me a bit of trouble getting under the nose and shaving WTG either side of my throat where the hair grows right to left.

TFTtnU5.jpg

20151120_SOTDSGraphBost_zpsz0pevr19.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Best
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Can't say much except another fantastic shave - will I get tired of this setup (Wolfman/Voskhod or Ladas/fat badger/Tallow) one day and try out something else?

SOTD Saturday, November 21

Cold water shave
Preshave: bloom water
Soap: Johnny Good Sir TMBR
Brush: Edwin Jagger badger
Face lather
Razor: Inoue Fujisuke kamisori

Although each time I use the JGS TMBR I get excited by the whiskey, smoke, barbed wire, broken teeth and blood scent. Then the truth sets in. The bloom water doesn't form as good a Preshave application as most soaps in my draw and then the lather doesn't provide the best glide/slickness of most my soaps. Still efficient but there is better.

The kamisori is always a pleasure to use. Some different angles/techniques to a Western style straight but great shaves. I recommend anybody wanting to start on the Western straight path start with a kamisori. It will improve your straight shaving and you can learn so much about the direction of hair growth.

Nice shave today. The Sticky is a fantastic razor and the Derby Lemon cream is perfect for summer. Topped off with the very nice Myrsol Lemon.

@Nightguard - agree very much about the sticky! It's easy to see why it earned a heap of design awards back in the day - I treasure mine as much as a work of art as a shaver, although it shaves very well. Given that it's pretty mild, have you tried it with a really sharp blade *cough* Feather *cough*?? I haven't yet, but it's something that deserves to be tried.

APt2qRi.jpg

Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Jabonman Limo-Intensa
Razor: Kirby Beard
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson [7]
After-shave: B&M Arctique

Stupidly hot here so went with a stupidly cold shave. Pre-shave with PAA Mentholated soap, then the Jabonman with menthol and finished with the coldest splash I have: B&M Arctique. Stoopidly cold...

Nice photo @filobiblic - stark white background really makes the items "pop" :)

Razor: RRSS V2
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Soap: B&M Black Label Lavender
Aftershave: Folsom & Co. Black Powder

I am continually impressed with the Shavemac 2-band Silvertip hair and in my opinion if you're thinking of getting a luxury badger brush for face lathering this is the way to go. I honestly wouldn't bother with M&F, they aren't worth the hassle to get and if you do manage to place an order with Lee, he might just decide to send you something only resembling the brush you specified. Of the five M&F brushes I have owned in both Blonde and Finest hair, I have only kept one.

The RRSS is a very well made razor and fits together without any slop. I only wish the coating were more durable and shiny like a gunmetal grey/black. Instead it just looks like black paint. My other gripe with this razor is the bulky head design which gives me a bit of trouble getting under the nose and shaving WTG either side of my throat where the hair grows right to left.

TFTtnU5.jpg
What loft and knot size Shavemac have you got?

@Nightguard - agree very much about the sticky! It's easy to see why it earned a heap of design awards back in the day - I treasure mine as much as a work of art as a shaver, although it shaves very well. Given that it's pretty mild, have you tried it with a really sharp blade *cough* Feather *cough*?? I haven't yet, but it's something that deserves to be tried.

Can't say I have, only with an English Wilky. Might have to give the Feather blade a go.

Razor: Weber Polished Head on Bulldog Handle
Blade: 'French' English Wilkie (1)
Brush: Simpson vintage butterscotch re-knotted in Pure
Soap: Penhaligon's English Fern Vintage tallow formula
Aftershave: Myrsol Antesol

Was going to swap razor but didn't have another at hand - so just threw in a new blade.

Decided to be decadent today so used my most expensive soap. The English Fern has a lovely, but subtle, scent but while the performance i'd rate as good there are better in some of the others floating around these parts.

The Myrsol was great :)

20151122_110555 by Osman Mehmed, on Flickr
Preshave: @Draco Noir preshave oil
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Windrose Handle
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Soap: Mystic Water Viola di Bosco
Post Shave: Soap Commander Courage Balm and Tom Ford Noir Extreme EDP
Three pass shave for a no irritation classic Sunday shave. The Mystic Water is a beautiful soap with great protection and a great post shave feel. Lathers easily and the scent is subtle and pleasant.

20151122_SOTDSBW_zps6j53qmpz.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Vie-Long Epsilon Horse
Lather: Barrister & Mann Lime, Lavender & Cedarwood
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Another beautiful shave - I wish B&M had a postshave like MW, Mike's or CRSW - because it has a fantastic lather and scent! Off the the Adelaide meet-up with a smooth face :D

Status
Not open for further replies.