Brush: Smog 810
Razor: Puma 89
Aftershave: Alum, Thayers, Emulsion

Monday morning
Lather: Caties Bubbles "Black Bergamot"
Brush: Smog 620
Razor: Friodor 472
Aftershave: Alum, Metilsol, Emulsion

Getting a pretty good idea of the performance of the Caties Bubbles "Black Bergamot" for the suds sampling...oh but I can give away that I really enjoy my German (Solingen) steel.

t6MP3zD.jpg

When the planets align

Brush:
Shavemac Silvertip D01 (loan from @Draco Noir )
Soap: Mystic Water Coconut Lime Verbena
Razor: ATT R2 with Atlas handle (loan from @Draco Noir )
Blade: Personna Med Prep
A/S: Thayers, Floid Vigoroso, and Draco Noir Special Reserve Argan Oil

Every great shave starts with a great lather and today's cream fest was one of those exceptional ones. The weekend threw up a Mystic Water lathering technique video that I was keen to try and it did not let me down. The lather churned out from that sample was close to perfect. That Shavemac brush with the Silvertip D01 knot is a face lathers dream. The razor and blade just followed through so nicely. The ATT R2 is an open comb beast but it felt like a silk glove.

...and just how good smelling is The Vigoroso.

Pre-shave: Cetaphil Cleansing Bar
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Soap: Shaver Heaven Buttered Rum
Brush: Semogue 1800
Post-shave: Speick

Good week with the 34c just gone, so thought I would bust out the slant today. Went with old trusty astra as they always seem to give me a great shave in the 34c and I know the angle pretty well on them. Combined with the Shaver Heaven, great shave. 2 Pass - WTG, XTG and no touch ups, bbs. Wasn't chasing the result, just seemed to happen. Did give myself a nick on the nose though. Pushing it to one side, lost concentration and came in too high lol...

Hwyd4sg.jpg

Brush: Ploccitane
Soap: Dr Jon's Big Green Monster
Razor: Kirby Beard
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson [9]
After-shave: Myrsol Formula K

Up to 9 shaves with the Wilkie and no signs of fading... I could really smell the basil in the Dr Jon's this morning - sweet and fresh. Ended with peppermint scented Myrsol.

Soap: Catie's Bubbles - La Terre Verte
Brush: Shavemac badger
Razor: 1948 Gillette Tech with Weber Classic handle
Blade: PolSilver SI (1)
Post-shave: Proraso green aftershave

One of my favourite razor/blade combos. Love the Catie's Bubbles LTV too. So earthy...

Off now to have coffee with @Mark1966 and @SydBJW.

Brush: Muhle Synthetic Travel Brush
Soap: Euro Palmolive
Razor: Gillette Sensor Excel
Blade: Gillette Sensor Excel cartridge (1)
Post-shave: Floid Vigoroso

The trouble with meet ups on the road - I only have my travel shaving kit. Slipped a new cart in the Excel (that doesn't sound as cool as a blade change in a DE) but still feel like I will be judged by @MrT and @SydBJW ...

At least I've dumped the Aesop from the travel kit!

Lather: Caties Bubbles "Black Bergamot"
Brush: Smog 1305
Razor: Friodor 472
Aftershave: Alum, Thayers, Emulsion

Black Bergamot reviewed here. Thanks @alfredus for taking the initiative on the suds sampler. Looking forward to hearing your impressions of this Caties Bubbles offering.

SOTD Tuesday, November 24

Cold water shave
Preshave: bloon water
Soap: Shaver Heaven, Forbidden Forest
Brush: Edwin Jagger
Face lather
Razor: Dovo, Inox 5/8

"Nice" scent to the Soap. I purchased this Soap for my wife because it is basically a lady's scent IMO and after using it again; yeah, it's a lady's scent. Very pleasant, like a fancy bath Soap and lathed/provided glide/slickness well.

The Dovo's performance this morning was tops. Smooth, close and everything just "clicked". Top shave and great start to the day.

SOTD Tuesday, November 24

Cold water shave
Preshave: bloon water
Soap: Shaver Heaven, Forbidden Forest
Brush: Edwin Jagger
Face lather
Razor: Dovo, Inox 5/8

"Nice" scent to the Soap. I purchased this Soap for my wife because it is basically a lady's scent IMO and after using it again; yeah, it's a lady's scent. Very pleasant, like a fancy bath Soap and lathed/provided glide/slickness well.

The Dovo's performance this morning was tops. Smooth, close and everything just "clicked". Top shave and great start to the day.

OK I'm not touching the 'fougere' is for girls argument with a ten foot pole ;)...but I have to ask, what you doing messing with your ladies' soap mate?

20151124_zps53apbemo.png

Face Wash : O Melhor Exfoliant Soap
Pre-Shave : Myrsol Emulsion
Brush : Vie Long Epsilon 2-Band
Soap : Scottish Fine Soaps
Razor : Eclipse Red Ring
Blade : Polsilver SI [0]
After Shave : Floid Black Label

It seems there are two reasons that things become really popular - being "flavour of the month", or having enduring qualities of excellence. For me, the Eclipse falls into the second category : timeless excellence in design and manufacturing, coupled with good looks that haven't dated. And the shave...simply top shelf. 2 passes to BBS today, with barely any touching up needed. I know that a few of you have also been lucky enough to own one of these beauties - I'd be interested in your thoughts guys. I haven't used the Scottish Fine Soap for months, and now I'm wondering why not. It does a very good job indeed of the things that matter : providing plenty of cushion and glide and smelling pleasant while doing so. I'm still making friends with the Epsilon 2-Band - maybe it still needs a little more wearing in but it seems to be reluctant about releasing the lather it makes. And it makes heaps. Finished up with the usual Argan Oil followed by a generous splash of the slightly "sweet" but wonderful smelling Floid Black Label.

All in all, a very comfortable shave with a stellar BBS result :)

Blade: Astra SP (2)
Soap: Reef Point Dragon's Blood
Post-shave: Thayers WH & Aloe Toner & CK Eternity

So, my first try of Reef Point. Wow... what a great performing soap. Bloomed for about a min, loading time (whilst not really important to me) was short, and went to the bowl for this one. Slowly added water and wasn't difficult for a noob like me to find a good balance. Cushion and slickness was there in spades and produced a large amount of luxurious lather that was more than enough for the 2 passes & touch up I did. Not going to compare cushion and slickness to Shaver Heaven at this stage, as will do another round tomorrow with this one. Suffice to say I want to do another round to see how it goes. Now scent... It still reminds me of a 2nd hand store in Nimbin, where the hippies are burning a heap of incense. After blooming, that hippie scent whack seemed to diminish and became more pleasant, and the lather again took on a slightly different characteristic where it became more balanced. Still unsure of the scent, but it was a great shave none the less.

Jury is still out @stillshunter :)

Blade: Astra SP (2)
Soap: Reef Point Dragon's Blood
Post-shave: Thayers WH & Aloe Toner & CK Eternity

So, my first try of Reef Point. Wow... what a great performing soap. Bloomed for about a min, loading time (whilst not really important to me) was short, and went to the bowl for this one. Slowly added water and wasn't difficult for a noob like me to find a good balance. Cushion and slickness was there in spades and produced a large amount of luxurious lather that was more than enough for the 2 passes & touch up I did. Not going to compare cushion and slickness to Shaver Heaven at this stage, as will do another round tomorrow with this one. Suffice to say I want to do another round to see how it goes. Now scent... It still reminds me of a 2nd hand store in Nimbin, where the hippies are burning a heap of incense. After blooming, that hippie scent whack seemed to diminish and became more pleasant, and the lather again took on a slightly different characteristic where it became more balanced. Still unsure of the scent, but it was a great shave none the less.

Jury is still out @stillshunter :)

OK well this lather didn't go so well....for me anyway!

Seriously though mate, seems you got a taste for the Reef Point lather. If you question the scent they have some other fine flavours. The Submariner is superb. Not tried any others but I'm sure they have something more to your profile.

Full disclosure: I was a musty Nimbin hippy type....and still am inside

Full disclosure: I was a musty Nimbin hippy type....and still am inside

It reminds me of my family get togethers tbh :)

Seriously though mate, seems you got a taste for the Reef Point lather

There's still a heap that I want to try based on the sotd posts. Mystic Waters, CRSW, Dr Jons, Tims, Soap Commander, Mikes etc. Reef Point is certainly up there with the limited ones I've used thus far.

There's still a heap that I want to try based on the sotd posts. Mystic Waters, CRSW, Dr Jons, Tims, Soap Commander, Mikes etc. Reef Point is certainly up there with the limited ones I've used thus far.
Wow, and to think I endured with the likes of Proraso, Razorock, HTGAM, etc. for months. Wish I'd wised up to these top shelf artisans earlier.
BTW: Mate I'd suggest you look beyond the B&B hyped yank soaps and put some Europeans on your list like MdC, MWF, LPL, Saponifica Varensiono, Wickhams, etc. They're not too bad either (read as often 'better').

MdC, MWF, LPL, Saponifica Varensiono, Wickhams, etc
I hadn't even started on listing European ones yet lol! I do have MWF and LPL that I have used (have to go back to LPL as I only tried once and didn't like). Haslinger is certainly on the list as are a few others that I can't remember at the moment.

It does seem like we're spoilt for choice with great soap makers around at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.